Hi,

I can't open the battery door unless I use a paper clip.

I hurt even my thumb nails really bad when I tried to open the door the first time and since then if I have to open the door - I need a paper clip near me.

Am I alone with weak finger nails? or is my BB 9900 poor constracted?

Tx
    10-03-11 06:39 PM
    Usually the battery doors are difficult to open at first. Usually they loosen up with continual opening. I've found that with Bolds. Hopefully it will become easier to open for you with use.
    10-03-11 06:49 PM
    Hi,

I hurt even my thumb nails really bad when I tried to open the door the first time and since then if I have to open the door - I need a paper clip near me.

Tx
    I'd recommend that you be cautious with that paper clip, that's right where the speaker is! sometimes it helps if you lift towards one side more than the other so it flexes a little and one side pops open. But yes there were a couple of times I had difficulty opening it, after about the 10th time now, it opens with ease but stays closed as well.
    10-03-11 07:01 PM
    Get a plastic pry tool or use something like that. Place under the slot and work it side to side (rocking motion). I always carry a small pocket knife that has a flat screwdriver blade. I wrap my shirt around the tip (so there are no scratches) and use that.

They make little plastic pry tools. You can probably find them at an electronics store... cheap.

The key is working it from side to side.
    10-03-11 07:11 PM
    Usually the battery doors are difficult to open at first. Usually they loosen up with continual opening. I've found that with Bolds. Hopefully it will become easier to open for you with use.
    I'm with her the door gets easier with use.
    10-03-11 09:02 PM
    I'm with her the door gets easier with use.
    mine has been strangely the opposite..

the first few weeks it was super easy to open the door. but over time, it is impossible to open it with a fingernail now. i have to use a pry tool now to open it..

i'm wondering if the heat from the battery expanded the plastic cover a little bit to make it more snug?
    10-04-11 10:25 AM
    it's almost impossible to open mine without a screw driver. anyhow-- sure beats the heck out of it falling off a-la-9000 no?? :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-11 10:40 AM
    Hi,

Tx
    Remember how much people complained about the battery doors on the BOLD & TOUR 9650 9630? Maybe RIM is just covering their a--es on the 9900 line.
    10-04-11 01:04 PM
    Mine opens easily with a credit card.
    10-04-11 01:12 PM
    use sim card to open it
    10-04-11 04:47 PM
    it's almost impossible to open mine without a screw driver. anyhow-- sure beats the heck out of it falling off a-la-9000 no?? :-)

haha - yeah, that happens on mine every view days...

So perhabs it is now a compensation for this

I now have a paper clip (plastic not metal) in my wallet now.

I try to avoid the speaker (which is "proteced" anyway and a little bit below where I have to use some device as my thumb nails and the flesh below aren't strong enough - really ugly feeling... )

Thanks all - At least I'm not alone
    10-04-11 07:47 PM
    The first 9900 I had, I didn't have any issues opening the battery door. I got a brand new replacement 9900 and I can't open the battery door with my thumb. I injured my thumb, bleeding and all! I've been using a sim card to open my battery door.
    12-10-11 07:27 PM
    Mine opens easily with a credit card.
    same. its so much easier, doesnt rip my nail off, and doesnt wreck the card
    12-10-11 08:49 PM

^^^^^^What he said!!!!!
    12-11-11 04:18 AM
    Mine was hard to remove too at first but now it's very easy to do. I guess it kind of loosens up after a while.

12-11-11 06:41 AM
    Nails bled when I pry it open at first. Haha.
    12-11-11 07:18 AM
    I saw in one online video the girl used a paperclip I use one to to open mine whenever I need to cuz I keep my fingernails short and it does get very hard to open.

12-11-11 07:27 AM

I must be one of the very few that never had an issue with the battery door on my 9000.
    I still have my 9000. As for my 9900, the battery door is not loosening up. It needs the jaws of life to open up that damn thing! Or a sim card.
    12-11-11 05:11 PM
    Use a coin(dime) and that should make it easier!
    12-11-11 08:02 PM
    I find mines hard to open as well. I just give it to my husband he somehow opens it with ease though.
    12-11-11 10:13 PM
    Use a dime or other small coin. I have been able to open with my finger without any great difficulty. I guess the NFC antenna is the reason that we did not get a slide-off door. Surely, the antenna could have been place somewhere else which is no big deal since I don't use NFC.
    12-12-11 06:16 AM

You beat me to it. I would have spelt "� la 9000" though.....
    Last edited by jamesbondOO7; 12-12-11 at 08:42 AM.
    12-12-11 08:40 AM
    Old plastic cards and thin coins work fine, even bread or paperclips. I even used a paso to open mine. My nails cannot grip the darn slot. Lol
    12-12-11 09:00 AM
    I'd have to say your best bet is going one side first. When my girlfriend's needs a battery pull I have to take the cover off as it's still a little tight. But otherwise it's gotten better.
    aliencds likes this.
    12-12-11 12:43 PM
    Close to impossible to open mine too. If I try to use my finger nail, I will hurt myself.

I try to minimize the openings. I opened when new, and then again to upgrade memory, and that's it. And I don't have any plans to open that thing in the near future! hehehe
    12-12-11 07:44 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD