Yes amazing device......so slick.......the only issue i have it the dam badly designed carbon effect battery door....it is way to slippynto get a good grip on while using and hard core typing......do hope they come out with a bolg 9780 type so at least you can get a grip on this beautiful device......just need it to be a little more grippy in the hands.....
    Also I have noticed a poor reception in areas that i would normally get a fab signal on my 9780 and even my wife's iphone 4 seem to have a better signal and we are both on o2 in the uk
    08-20-11 07:05 PM
    I have no issue with it being slippery; the only thing I worry about is the door clips seem so fragile. I always feel like I am going to break them. Heh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-11 07:07 PM
    Covered the door with 3M Dinoc vinyl in a carbon fiber pattern. Works fine and gives it a nice feel!
    08-20-11 08:44 PM
    Covered the door with 3M Dinoc vinyl in a carbon fiber pattern. Works fine and gives it a nice feel!
    Hmmm, just a bit worried about the adhesive?

I assume it comes off clean?
    08-20-11 08:51 PM
    I'm pretty sure soon we'll be able to buy from several different sources battery doors made with different finish, so no worries guys all is good
    08-20-11 08:55 PM
    Hmmm, just a bit worried about the adhesive?

I assume it comes off clean?
    Yes, it's removeable with no residue.

Since the NFC antenna is built in to the door, any aftermarket doors will either come without that or be a bit more expensive than you would expect.
    08-20-11 08:59 PM
    Yes, it's removeable with no residue.

Since the NFC antenna is built in to the door, any aftermarket doors will either come without that or be a bit more expensive than you would expect.
    you are absolutely right, i forget about it
    08-20-11 11:33 PM
    Loving the look and feel of the CF look vinyl covering. Nice texture and a bit more grip for using the keyboard.
    08-21-11 09:39 AM
    Loving the look and feel of the CF look vinyl covering. Nice texture and a bit more grip for using the keyboard.
    I havent got mine yet but from what i have been reading the battery door is prone to getting scratches on it??...is that true??.

Ive also read somewhere that the back is a bit raised so that the phone when laid flat doesnt actually touch the surface etc??.
    08-21-11 09:49 AM
    I havent got mine yet but from what i have been reading the battery door is prone to getting scratches on it??...is that true??.

Ive also read somewhere that the back is a bit raised so that the phone when laid flat doesnt actually touch the surface etc??.
    Correct on both accounts. The back is sculpted so the Bold rests on the Back cover only. The back slopes up from there to the edge. The section between the door and the edges is a soft rubberized piece that gives a good grip and nice feel.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    08-21-11 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD