Ok, i searched through the forum and i dont see that anybody have left a message like this before, so please dont flame me when i ask. I apologize in advance if it has already been discussed.

So yesterday, i went and bought my BlackBerry 9900 and at night, i plugged it into the wall socket to give it its 8 hour charge. And when i woke up in the morning, the plug was removed from the wall! Apparently, my sister unplugged it for her laptop.

So now, what i'm concerned with is, it affect my battery? And if so, how? (I've plugged it back into the wall to continue its charge, BTW)

Thank you so much, i appreciate it.
    02-27-12 10:03 PM
    Lol no. Keep it charging and rolling.
    Jace.Tse likes this.
    02-27-12 10:05 PM
    Nope...will not effect your Bold whatsoever.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Jace.Tse likes this.
    02-27-12 10:06 PM
    No, Blackberry batteries don't need the 8-12 hr initial charge like some other devices. You don't need to have a steady charging pattern. You'll be fine.
    Jace.Tse likes this.
    02-27-12 10:12 PM
    No, Blackberry batteries don't need the 8-12 hr initial charge like some other devices. You don't need to have a steady charging pattern. You'll be fine.
    Such a relief. Thank you, everyone!
    02-27-12 10:20 PM
    No worries at all. I charge very often with car charger on and off and after months still doing great.
    02-27-12 11:10 PM
    Won't the battery die faster? Especially if one keeps charging it on and off when it's still halfway full?
    02-28-12 12:24 PM
    Won't the battery die faster? Especially if one keeps charging it on and off when it's still halfway full?

Actually the battery is happiest with frequent charging. The hardest thing for a lithium ion battery is being fully charged, or fully discharged. The battery actually won't allow itself to be completely discharged.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-28-12 04:54 PM
    It's tough to change the battery saving patterns we all learned growing up with Ni-Cad batteries...but charging half-discharged lithium batteries is ok to do. It won't hurt your battery at all.
    02-28-12 10:03 PM
    Lol no. Keep it charging and rolling.
    Agreed. Plug the charger back into the wall and carry on.
    02-28-12 10:06 PM
    There should not be a great problem, after then charging more than 12 hours two times is OK.
    03-01-12 01:57 AM
    Just charge it whenever you want it's allright to keep your battery topped on.
    Yep it's a little bit concerness from your side, but as you know it's ok by doing so.
    You don't want to run it low while you are in a big conference call.
    03-01-12 02:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD