OK this is really weird to me but my battery keeps up for 4-6 hours only on a medium usage and ends up for me at 5-15%. I'm running on .353 and the applications I use so far is BBM, Whatsapp, phone, SMS and a bit of browsing. I'm not really happy with the battery for the 9900 as my 9780 and Torch lasts for me for like forever. Could this be a problem with the OS or something? Do I need to downgrade to .303 or just wait for the next release?
    09-15-11 12:29 PM
    tons of battery threads....in your case it must be the os or something because my 9930 last all day with hard use and always has around 40% left at the end of the day. Best battery life I've gotten since 8330.
    yauchunh likes this.
    09-15-11 01:13 PM
    i agree with FuzzyB. battery works fine for on hard useage ( that means being on bbm ALL the time)

things u can try: turn off refresh on facebook/twitter.
    09-15-11 01:19 PM
    OK this is really weird to me but my battery keeps up for 4-6 hours only on a medium usage and ends up for me at 5-15%. I'm running on .353 and the applications I use so far is BBM, Whatsapp, phone, SMS and a bit of browsing. I'm not really happy with the battery for the 9900 as my 9780 and Torch lasts for me for like forever. Could this be a problem with the OS or something? Do I need to downgrade to .303 or just wait for the next release?
    There have been so many threads posted and reposted about battery issues not just with the new 9900/9930 but certain others as well.

I am sure I do not have to tell you that it all starts with going thru your entire device and set anything you can as low as you can without it being a nuisance to you like back lighting etc. you get the idea. If you are a social networker(BBM) then get use to it, nothing going to be helpful to you.

Having said all that the bestthing you can do to keep your battery as long as possible is to make sure you let it run down to as low as you can before charging to keep a good cycle on your battery and it not prematurely wear out on you.

Also you might benefit to buy a spare battery to keep around or switch out as I and many others do which helps alot.

Get use to reading these threads, being told to do other things to help like I mentioned.

I have no idea why RIM uses such small batteries in their devices other than to add to the thin form factor with the battery door. i do know with technology the way it is nowadays i am sure they could come up with high powered thin batteries. Oh well it is a burden we have to put up with and I am sorry for the long answer.
    09-15-11 01:27 PM
    Sounds like a bad app/install is killing your battery.

I would try an OS re-install and test it out for a few days before adding any 3rd party apps. When you do, go one at a time to try and see which one could be causing the battery drain.
    09-15-11 01:51 PM
    I really don't know why the first thing everyone wants someone to do is wipe their device reinstall the operating system instead of trying much less evasive things forst like reading the article that orangepit was nice enough to provice and compile because it brings out the obvious and works for almost any BB device.

Do this first before anything else and learn about adjusting certain settings that will greatly enhance battery life. Let us know how things go.
    09-15-11 02:00 PM
    I haven't got much applications installed except Whatsapp, XE currency, capture it and fancy characters.

Thanks for the tip guys, I'll see what I can do about the OS reinstall.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-11 02:01 PM
    I did and do everything it says here except for wiping my device and im in the same boat. when i use it a lot i dont have nothing refreshing i might have gps on and it starts dying pretty fast. not normal
    09-15-11 06:29 PM
    There has to be different batteries or something because I get the best battery life of any phone I have ever owned and I use this device from sun up till sun down. Either different batteries or a OS issue. It kinda hard to ignore all the complaints about the battery and all the compliments at the same time. It time for RIM to read these forums and look into the issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-15-11 06:58 PM
    I'm running the stock Verizon OS with moderate to heavy usage, bluetooth and wifi running all day long. I'm down to 20% by the time I go to bed.
    09-15-11 07:07 PM
    There has to be different batteries or something because I get the best battery life of any phone I have ever owned and I use this device from sun up till sun down. Either different batteries or a OS issue. It kinda hard to ignore all the complaints about the battery and all the compliments at the same time. It time for RIM to read these forums and look into the issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    That's a good answer but how do I know EXACTLY whether it's a battery issue or not? I just don't wanna spend my money on the new battery when it will be all the same as the old one.
    09-16-11 06:23 AM
    My battery got a bit hot even in standby and It drains more than 14% per hour. I have to charge it twice or sometimes three times in a day. Unacceptable

I ordered new battery and hope its a defective stock battery issue
    09-16-11 06:33 AM
    If I set it on 3G (default) while I move around where the signal is hardly 3G it will drain as fast as **** 8 - 10 hours with moderate use.. If I set it to 3G/2G (default), it will give me 10 - 14 hours.. if I set it on 2G (default) - with bluetooth on for at least 12 hours - it will still give me over 24 hours..

The fact is, the quality of the signal which the operator is providing varies a lot hence where the signal is sub par then the battery is worked to the bone... that's what is causing the drain... bad signal while doing lots of BBM and email or browsing will surely drain your tiny standard 99XX battery...

.. make sure apps that are auto updating (e.g. facebook, ubersocial, social feed, etc.) are set to the lowest battery consumption mode like 'never' on facebook and ubersocial.. auto refresh when opened is the best battery saving mode... weather apps that updates frequently also consumes battery power especially when the signal reception is sub par..

that's just my 2 cents tho...
    09-16-11 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD