up to 95% it slows down to a crawl..but it will surely tops up. if you don't believe it, turn off the phone and charge it. it takes long from the charging light to blink from red to green (which is full 100% charged). it also drains faster from 100 to 75%, then the drain slows down.
    coming from android, this battery issue is common..people usually calibrate the battery.
    i tried to run down the battery to zero, ( i notice the phone running on 5% to 3% for quite a long time), then switch off, charge it to full (light turns green). will see today how it responds but i believe a few full cycle will calibrate the battery and should show more uniform drainage per hour.
    09-16-11 05:53 PM
    I fully understand the last two posts and how battery charging works, but the issue I and what the others in this thread have described is that even leaving the device charging overnight the battery never reaches 100%. I realize the trickle charge may take some time, but after ~6 hours plus the battery should be completely charged by then. Our problem is that it is not!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-11 06:17 PM
    Perhaps it's some sort of safety mechanism built into the pod and charger (?) ... Could be that plus coupled with software issue when phone charged on the pod?

... Throwing some ideas out. But you're right, if it is a trickle charge, the battery should be charged to full capacity.

Mysterious this phone model.
    Well what I've been trying to desperately find out is whether or not this is happening to everyone or just a select few, with the latter meaning the hardware is defective. I've gone from stock Sprint OS out of the box to .353 and now .362 with all three going through this same issue. I've tried using computer/USB on different computers and different micro USB cables, as well as the supplied charger, all giving me the same outcome where the charge stops at 9x% and doesn't go any further no matter how long you leave it charging. With only a few pages to this thread, it would seem like this is an issue affecting a small handful of people...
    09-16-11 11:20 PM
    My dock never seems to get my phone to full charge when plugged into the wall. I've had it for two days now and the past two overnight charges, I've ended up with 90% and then 94% this morning. Going to try turning off the vibrate when in the cradle and see if that helps in case the vibrate is causing the contacts to move just enough to not get a good connection. I've never had an issue before with the cradle but these new design cradles don't hold the phone as well.

I think you need to re calibrate your battery... Drained it all the way to 0% than charge it up from a wall source not a cpu... Some cpu just don't have enough juice to charge the battery to 100%

I have the charging pod and never ever took it out of it without being charged to 100% I'm using the playbool charger on the charging pod!

Sent from my Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-17-11 06:36 AM
    ^^ No I already did the calibration. I also did the charge cycle twice to be sure when I got the phone two weeks ago.

Just a little update on my experiment. I switched my phone to silent mode rather than my bedside mode profile which just vibrates last night and when I got up this morning, the phone was fully charged without a problem. Going to try it again tonight to make sure it wasn't just placement but as it is now, it seems if you have your phone vibrate in the cradle, it might move the phone around enough so that the contacts can't make a good connection and you have a loss of voltage which slows down the charger.

Also should note that I'm using the standard wall plug and not a playbook charger or charging from USB with the dock
    09-17-11 01:23 PM
    Ok, so so far out of 2 charges with the old 9630 wall charger the device has reached 100% with no issues! Gonna try again later tonight or tomorrow when the device is closer to 20% and see what happens. Using the computer to charge so far has yielded stuck at 9x% regardless of the USB cables I've used.

BTW, the supplied 9930 charger also have me stopped at 9x%...
    Last edited by dimm0k; 09-17-11 at 07:42 PM.
    09-17-11 07:39 PM
    So far it's 3 for 3 using the older wall style charger that I have reached 100%. Could it be a defective (supplied) charger, device, or a bug in the OS?
    09-19-11 10:35 AM
    mine charges to 100% sometimes and sometimes doesn't. And when it doesn't I take it off the charger (or dock) and reconnect and then it charges fully, so I believe it is an issue with the battery meter software not reading properly. As long as I get enough juice during the day, I try not to think too much about it but.... FYI RIM THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!
    09-19-11 03:24 PM
    mine charges to 100% sometimes and sometimes doesn't. And when it doesn't I take it off the charger (or dock) and reconnect and then it charges fully, so I believe it is an issue with the battery meter software not reading properly. As long as I get enough juice during the day, I try not to think too much about it but.... FYI RIM THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!
    If it's software, why is it we're the only ones experiencing this?

09-19-11 05:47 PM
    There may be a bug when our software was loaded unto the device. Hardware issues would me more consistent charges to a certain point only. What we are experiencing are values all over the board so to speak.

09-19-11 06:21 PM
    Had the same issue with the first long charge. Overnight it read 95%. Ran it almost completely out and it reaches full capacity now with no issues. Just letting you all know what worked for me.
    09-19-11 07:35 PM
    Well see this is the weird thing... So far using my old 9630 wall charger that folds, my 9930 has charged to 100% 3 out of 3 times that I have used it. When using USB to computer or even USB to the 9930 supplied cube charger, I almost never get it to 100% without unplugging and plugging when it gets stuck at 9x%. Sometimes I even have to unplug/plug just to get it to 100%. I've already tried the stock Sprint OS, .353, and now .362, all of which I experience this with. With several OS loads either this is a bug they have yet to fix in the OS or it's a hardware issue, whether it be the charger, battery or device itself. I was planning on buying a 9930 just to test this out and return, but it seems to be sold out everywhere in NYC. My next option would be to get a spare battery, but I honestly don't use my phone that heavily that I see myself swapping batteries that often.
    09-19-11 09:31 PM
    Hrmm, lately I've been running the battery down to ~28% before throwing it on the supplied cube charger and the last 3 times it's reached 100%. Looks like it's something that fixes itself over time?
    09-25-11 09:48 AM
    How do you guys check your battery percentages? I have mine connected to the supplied plug and cable right now and it has been stuck at 90% for the last hour... this coupled with the disconnect/reconnect has me wondering if this device is defective. I'm a bit worried exchanging it would yield a worse device in terms of quality/build...
    You can check battery percentages with a battery app. You can get free ones, such as BatteryWatch which is what I use that gives you percentages and other information about your battery or you can also purchase more in-depth apps such as MeterBerry available from the CB App Store.
    09-26-11 08:19 AM
    ...I've noticed that I'll only get a charge to around 98% - and it's only happened 2 or 3 times - when I've been plugged into the laptop via USB and have been doing stuff w/ the phone, downloading an app or using the laptop to edit stuff, removing or adding pix or whatever. It's never happened when charging thru the wall, always get to 100%, and the same USB disconnect-then-reconnect procedure will also then complete the last couple % and get me to a full charge when I am going thru the laptop. Hasn't seemed to have had any effect on the phone so I don't think it's a major concern - not for me anyway!
    09-26-11 10:52 AM
    I have been having this problem ever since I got my "dock" charger. If I charge it on that overnight it will only get to somewhere in the 90% range. If it is connected directly to a usb charger then it will charge all the way. Also if I take it out of the dock and put it back in after it plateaus, it will charge to 100%. This is kind of irritating because I put it on the dock as I go to bed and use it as an alarm clock so I don't have time in the morning to wait for it to charge to 100%.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-27-11 06:45 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD