Mine just started only getting to 95%. 9930, .241, wall charger. Weird!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 11:26 AM
    What's even weirder is that I plugged in last night and usually during a charge, Meterberry reports avg discharge rate as "No change", which it did at first but after receiving a call during the charge I noticed the avg discharge rate changed to a negative number. Going to bed and checking it in the morning, the battery was stuck at 90%. Unplugging and plugged back in and it started charging again...

09-05-11 08:13 AM
    I just started having an issue with this today, mine went to 100% while plugged into my computer while I was doing some desktop software updates, removing apps etc, then all of a sudden it went down to 95% and wouldn't charge anymore. I am using BatteryWatch to monitor my battery. I just did a reboot using the Alt+Shift+Del and it shows it at 93% after reboot. I am going to plug it back in and see if it will charge up anymore. Will update after charge...
    09-06-11 09:11 AM
    First week I got my 9900 there was a day where after overnight charge it chilled @90% which had me worried. Did some researach on these fourms and from what I read (and it worked my battery/meter bar seems calibrated) Just try and use wall charger as much as you can. I also let my phone die donw until 15% woke up next morning showed full battery symbol on meter. and has been fine since. try that and let us know your results.
    09-06-11 09:46 AM
    Ok, I just tried the reboots and now it will only go to 94%, I am going to let it run down today and tomorrow, atleast to 15-20%, then do a full charge using the wall charger and see where it charges too.
    09-06-11 09:48 AM
    Ok, so after letting my battery run down to approximately 20% last night after some heavy usage once I got home. I plugged it in using the wall charger, and it did charge back up to the full 100%.
    09-07-11 06:54 AM
    I let it drain to 15% and put it on the wall charger all night to wake up to it still showing the charging lightning bolt but the Options>Battery showing 100%. WTF!?!?!?
    09-07-11 10:46 AM
    just came back from the Sprint Store where I had the battery tested and it is fine. I left the phone for a diagnostic and will go pick it up soon. Will let you know what they find under the hood...
    09-07-11 02:36 PM
    well, I went to pick up my BB from the Store and they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. That's double edge sword kinda' thing...one one hand I'm happy my BB is healthy, on the other hand I wonder why would it not charge fully if both the device and battery are good. Anyone has any ideas?
    09-08-11 10:50 AM
    I charged it twice over the past 3-4 days, the first time, it only charged to 91%, then the next time it charged to 100%. I am not for sure what is causing the fluctuation in charging amount. I used the wall charger for both charges.
    09-12-11 07:08 AM
    It happened to me yesterday also, while using the playbook charger at 85% the bolt changed to a wall plug and i was like WTF!! I did a battery pull than put the charger back, and this time it went to 100%
    Geez the playbook charger is fast !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-12-11 07:24 AM
    Your battery gauge is lying to you (and it's not such a bad thing) - xda-developers

Interesting read. I tried bump charging once. Was too much of a hassle to be worth it to me.
    09-12-11 08:16 AM
    so, like i mentioned earlier I took my 9930 to Sprint store because it wasn't charging fully and they said all is okay. Well, ever since it started charging fully both on the dock and wall plug but once I deleted some apps etc using DM, it started acting up again. I wonder if Sprint actually did something to my phone and it fixed the issue, but I undid that when uninstalling some of the language packs via DM...
    09-12-11 03:12 PM
    What version of OS are you guys running on your devices for those that are having issues with battery charging?
    09-14-11 11:12 PM
    I only charge to 95%im on leaked .353 vzw. I've used wall, car and usb. You won't see me complaining about battery life on any bb, after my thunderbolt experience.

09-14-11 11:25 PM
    I only had this happen to me once and I recall I updated or removed a app that required a reboot while the device was plugged into charger. Since then I never encountered this problem again because I didnt have to reboot yet

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-15-11 12:46 AM
    I am running .241 which is the factory shipped OS for Sprint. I charged it yesterday, and it went to 100%, so I am still doing experiments to see if I can find a link to what affects the charge reading, and will update if I find anything.
    09-15-11 07:52 AM
    I only charge to 95%im on leaked .353 vzw. I've used wall, car and usb. You won't see me complaining about battery life on any bb, after my thunderbolt experience.

What charger are you using??

Sent from my Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-15-11 09:08 AM
    I'm getting a bit tired of this... Been using a generic micro USB cable for more than a year with my Tour 9630 without any issues, but now with the 9930 I've been experiencing some issues that I'm not sure if it's the device, OS, or the cable. While using a coworker's wall charger (one piece, not the USB cable/adapter that comes with the 9930) I've noticed it charged the battery up fine. I was only able to test this out once... With the generic micro USB cable I have been seeing all sorts of ****, from completely charging to 100%, random disconnect/reconnects, etc...
    09-16-11 01:30 PM
    I gave up on the issue. It charged fully both with wall charger and charging dock but I don't seem to get it to 100% via USB (or maybe it just takes extremely long, I lost patience after a while). Battery life seems to have improved, I get 60% left when I leave work (9 hours) and by the time I get home at night from school it's around 25 % or less (14 hours since unplug)
    09-16-11 01:35 PM
    My feeling on it is that as long as my battery performance remains the same, I'm not going to worry too much about it.
    09-16-11 01:37 PM
    My feeling on it is that as long as my battery performance remains the same, I'm not going to worry too much about it.
    The charge on the battery I feel the same... but I want to know if there's a problem with the device itself the way it disconnects/reconnects itself. Trying a different micro USB cable right now...
    09-16-11 02:12 PM
    The charge on the battery I feel the same... but I want to know if there's a problem with the device itself the way it disconnects/reconnects itself. Trying a different micro USB cable right now...
    I have never seen my phone disconnect and reconnect while charging, but I don't keep an eye on my phone constantly while charging, but I have not observed this behavior. I have used the USB Cord with wall plug provided with my 9930, just the USB cord plugged into my computer, and an BB Micro USB wall charger from a previous Blackberry. What I have seen is that while using the USB Cord and wall plug that came with the phone it has always charged to 100% (only have used this way twice), when using the USB cord plugged into a computer it has never gone fully to 100%(only let it charge fully once using this method), and the older BB Wall charger (Goes to 100% sometimes and then I get some charges that only go to somewhere in the 90-97% range, used this method multiple times).
    09-16-11 02:19 PM
    My dock never seems to get my phone to full charge when plugged into the wall. I've had it for two days now and the past two overnight charges, I've ended up with 90% and then 94% this morning. Going to try turning off the vibrate when in the cradle and see if that helps in case the vibrate is causing the contacts to move just enough to not get a good connection. I've never had an issue before with the cradle but these new design cradles don't hold the phone as well.
    09-16-11 03:12 PM
    How do you guys check your battery percentages? I have mine connected to the supplied plug and cable right now and it has been stuck at 90% for the last hour... this coupled with the disconnect/reconnect has me wondering if this device is defective. I'm a bit worried exchanging it would yield a worse device in terms of quality/build...
    09-16-11 03:29 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD