My battery charges pretty fast up to 90% and then it either doesn't charge or it takes a really long time to reach 100%. I'm using charger dock (OEM) and phone is running .241 No apps are left open as I have battery Battery Watch and Booster Pro installed. Do any of you experience similar issues? Drain time is normal (today it was 50% after 9 hours).

Also, Irene is coming to town! God help us!
    08-26-11 03:51 PM
    I just got a dock yesterday and noticed the same. It charges fast and then takes forever to finish the last bar.

stay safe...
    08-26-11 03:54 PM
    For Li-ion batteries, it is normal to take longer to top off last bit (10%). I don't understand exact mechanism but my Dell Latitude does exact same thing. It features express charge in 1 hour up to 80% then then last bit always take lot longer.
    Last edited by costco1; 08-26-11 at 03:57 PM.
    08-26-11 03:55 PM
    @Turbaru: yeah, it's a little weird as it charged just fine before putting it on the dock for the first time....
    08-26-11 03:56 PM
    Mine seems to charge steady from beginning to end on the cable. Maybe it's a better connection through the micro usb than the pod?
    08-26-11 04:00 PM
    I've just updated to .353, which seems fine, but the phone only charged to 75% overnight (using the cable direct to the wall, no dock.) It shows the 'plugged in' graphic, rather than the 'lightening flash' one, which leads me to think it thinks it is fully charged. Any ideas?
    08-27-11 02:08 AM
    If your battery doesn't full charge overnight, it's a glitch; the battery meter sometimes doesn't reflect the battery being filled up all the way. If you were to do a battery pull, the meter should correct itself. However, I wouldn't even bother. It will correct itself after regular use.
    08-27-11 02:38 AM
    If your battery doesn't full charge overnight, it's a glitch; the battery meter sometimes doesn't reflect the battery being filled up all the way. If you were to do a battery pull, the meter should correct itself. However, I wouldn't even bother. It will correct itself after regular use.
    Hope you're right... my battery meter has been acting weird since day one and I'm wondering whether it's a hardware glitch or software glitch. Using stock OS and .340 and .353 I have never reached 100% or 4.2V according to Meterberry, however using the wall charger I have reached it... only used it once on the wall charger so not sure if it's consistent.
    08-27-11 04:16 AM
    ...I've occasionally noticed a similar thing, though only when I'm charging with the USB through my laptop - I'm using BatteryPlus as my meter / icon and sometimes it will get to 97% or so and then remain unchanged even when the battery icon (and the programme itself) is still showing as actively charging. To fix this I've just been unplugging the phone and then plugging it back into the laptop, and from there it soon reaches 99+ (BatteryPlus doesn't do '100%', but that's what it means!!). So I''m assuming it's just a little glitch in the software.
    08-27-11 04:29 AM
    ...I've occasionally noticed a similar thing, though only when I'm charging with the USB through my laptop - I'm using BatteryPlus as my meter / icon and sometimes it will get to 97% or so and then remain unchanged even when the battery icon (and the programme itself) is still showing as actively charging. To fix this I've just been unplugging the phone and then plugging it back into the laptop, and from there it soon reaches 99+ (BatteryPlus doesn't do '100%', but that's what it means!!). So I''m assuming it's just a little glitch in the software.
    Thanks, I just tried that and it worked! I was actually charging through the USB on my notebook too...
    08-27-11 05:04 AM
    I measured and it takes about a minute to charge 1% using pod and 2x charger.
    08-27-11 07:40 PM
    Man, charging with USB is really funky... right now I'm at 94% and charge icon keeps flashing. I disconnect and reconnect and then it changes and sticks there... Wonder if anyone else has noticed this with USB charging.
    08-27-11 07:56 PM
    I did about two cycles of deplete/recharge and I think it solved the problem I had w/ charging to 90% only. I got 100% on the past charges ... hope it's solved
    08-27-11 09:33 PM
    I did about two cycles of deplete/recharge and I think it solved the problem I had w/ charging to 90% only. I got 100% on the past charges ... hope it's solved
    Your two cycles of deplete/recharge... did they both charge to 100% in those two recharges? I just depleted my battery until it turned off... put it on charge and it got to 98% with voltage at 4.105V. It moved up to 4.106V and then back to 4.105V for a while so I just pulled the battery. What OS are you running BTW?
    08-28-11 06:43 PM
    Man, I dunno if my battery is fscked or what, but it 's having a hard time charging over 95% ever since I got this device. I've been able to reach 100% a few times, but the majority of the times the device will get to the 90s and stay there with the lightning bolt flashing. For example last night I reloaded the .353 OS to see if that was the culprit, but after leaving the device on AC all night I wake up to 94% with the bolt still flashing! I just unplugged and plugged the AC back in and now it's moved to 100%, but the voltage is stuck at 4.154V instead of 4.2V. Do I have a bad OS, battery or device??
    08-29-11 06:21 AM
    yes, both times and any subsequent times it charged to 100%. I'm running .241. Try resetting your battery meter as follows:
    1. deplete battery until phone shuts off
    2. pull the battery out and leave it out a few minutes (2 should be more than enough)
    3. insert the battery and plug in the charger (use outlet, not USB). DO NOT turn on your phone, it will turn on by itself once there is enough juice in the battery.
    4. let it charge to full.

Hope this works!

PS: don't use a cradle as it doesn't charge to full for some reason (at least mine doesn't)
    08-29-11 09:29 AM
    yes, both times and any subsequent times it charged to 100%. I'm running .241. Try resetting your battery meter as follows:
    1. deplete battery until phone shuts off
    2. pull the battery out and leave it out a few minutes (2 should be more than enough)
    3. insert the battery and plug in the charger (use outlet, not USB). DO NOT turn on your phone, it will turn on by itself once there is enough juice in the battery.
    4. let it charge to full.

Hope this works!

PS: don't use a cradle as it doesn't charge to full for some reason (at least mine doesn't)
    I did exactly that last night... Drained it until it shut off, plugged it into AC and waited for it to turn on by itself. I let it charge overnight and when I woke up it was stuck at 94%!

If it would have charged to 100% then it would have been a good sign... With this stuck and what happened today at work, I'm not sure if it's a bad battery or bad OS or worse, a bad device anymore! I used the AC adapter at work, it charged to 100% and 4.2V, but while connected received a phone call that I transferred to BT. After I was done with the call, the voltage dropped to 4.141V! I disconnected and left work and shortly after the battery dropped to 97%. One or two BBM messages and I was down to 91%!! WT flying F?! Do have a bad battery, device or is this an OS issue?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 07:43 PM
    Guys don't let it drain until it shuts off on purpose. Your killing the battery that way. Only let it drain until 10% and then recharge if your calibrating the sensor.

thewird
    08-29-11 08:44 PM
    Mine just today started charging only until 90%, I don't think (hope) is a battery issue but a discalibration on the meter, I'm just going to ignore it and let it be fix by itself (or an official FW update).

And yeah, don't let the battery go all the way to 0%, not even for this.

08-30-11 10:26 AM
    Mine just today started charging only until 90%, I don't think (hope) is a battery issue but a discalibration on the meter, I'm just going to ignore it and let it be fix by itself (or an official FW update).

And yeah, don't let the battery go all the way to 0%, not even for this.

How can one be sure it's not a bad device or battery rather than the meter/OS?

08-30-11 10:42 AM
    Update:
    Just used my gf's 8530 charger and it charged to 100% from about 72% in less than an hour. Something must be wrong with the new charger.

Kinda interesting...since I got my 9900, I have used my old tour charger to charge my phone. It was able to get to 100% every time but for some reason, when I used the charger that came with the 9900, it charged my phone up to 94% and my battery life is dropping like mad!

Right now I'm charging my storm to see if it charges all the way.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Yosaki; 08-30-11 at 05:41 PM.
    08-30-11 03:32 PM
    there is def something fishy with either the charger or the battery here. I just wish I know which to take appropriate measures before the time runs out and I can't return it
    08-31-11 03:30 PM
    I also wind up between 90-97% when using the pod. Always 100% if using the wall charger.
    09-01-11 12:23 AM
    i can get to 100 with the pod
    09-01-11 06:10 AM
    Update:
    Just used my gf's 8530 charger and it charged to 100% from about 72% in less than an hour. Something must be wrong with the new charger.

Kinda interesting...since I got my 9900, I have used my old tour charger to charge my phone. It was able to get to 100% every time but for some reason, when I used the charger that came with the 9900, it charged my phone up to 94% and my battery life is dropping like mad!

Right now I'm charging my storm to see if it charges all the way.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I've been noticing this too... Using my coworker's charger for the 9650 I've noticed my battery hitting 100% the several times I've used it. With USB, I don't think that's ever happened. With the 9930 charger it's happened maybe 50/50. Just wondering, if you use your device say for a call or alarm while connected to the older chargers, does the voltage drop? I think only Meterberry can tell you this...
    09-01-11 02:40 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD