I may want to get a spare battery for my Blackberry.
    Have you notice andy difference between the OEM batteries and other brands?
    ( Lenmar,Generic,ect.)
    I'm not horribly picky but if I'm on the road I don't want to buy a dud.
    08-23-14 08:06 PM
    Maybe I'm too cautious, but I always try to go OEM when it comes to batteries and chargers.

I guess the stories about people being electrocuted or phones exploding or catching on fire have made me think twice about third party batteries/chargers.

Of course I know those incidents are the exception and not the rule, so you'll probably be fine with whatever you get.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 via the CB Forums app
    Murundum likes this.
    08-23-14 10:52 PM
    I have purchased all my spares for my legacy and bb10 phones on ebay. I would order 3 at a time in case one was a dud! I have had good luck with them so far as I only had one dud out of all of them since the late 90's. The best part is the most I ever spent was $10 and that was recently for a family members S4. I will never purchase a phone battery from my provider or BlackBerry. Probably won't need to buy anymore batteries soon as I expect my future phones will have non-removeables anyways

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    Mecca EL and Bookshelf like this.
    08-23-14 11:01 PM
    We've purchased quite a few batteries over the years. Many aftermarket. OEM does seem to provide slightly superior long term life, overall, but we've also had some doa OEMs so... Its really hit and miss with ALL of them. Probably more to do with shelf time in a warehouse than other factors.

Given the "hit & miss" nature of the things, the advice to buy several is very sound, IMO. If they all turn out to be good ones you'll just have more spares. I keep charged batteries in my left pocket, dischrged ones in the right pocket and swap at the various chagers strategically stationed. Never time to tether to a wall.

If you can do without NFC, the 3600ma aftermarket batt & cover is a BEAST. Interference with docking cradles is the only reason they're not my 24/7 batt. Irreplaceable for voice marathons, tho.
    fryk and Bookshelf like this.
    08-24-14 07:08 AM