I read a lot of stuff on this site but never seen the exact same. My battery drained in 10 hours with only max 40 minutes of surfing, 1 call and 10 bbm messages. Do you think that it might be a hardware issue or just because the 7.0.0.585 is very weak on battery life?
    I'm using bold 9900 3G enabled, wifi disabled.
    I bought it 3 days ago
    01-02-12 09:38 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

one thing you should know is that the battery requires a break in period.
    at around day 7-9 you will see a gain in battery life.
    Everyone i have spoken to, including myself has had bad battery life for the first week, and from there it will increase and stabilize.

I hope this helps.
    theninjasquad likes this.
    01-02-12 10:15 AM
    I read a lot of stuff on this site but never seen the exact same. My battery drained in 10 hours with only max 40 minutes of surfing, 1 call and 10 bbm messages. Do you think that it might be a hardware issue or just because the 7.0.0.585 is very weak on battery life?
    I'm using bold 9900 3G enabled, wifi disabled.
    I bought it 3 days ago
    CrackBerry Newbie:TJF54
    If you do read the threads and posts as you say,you will know it is an issue with 585,and some of the other updates so far.A number of members,including Wise Guy Phill_UK,have come up with suggestions to help with this.You will need to have a computer,which I do not.Personally,on a full charge,making no calls at all,just web browsing for 4-5hrs,I emptied the battery.You are not alone,keep reading the site,there is a 585 link available with most of the info' you need.
    01-02-12 10:23 AM
    .540 and .590 have been perfect for me on 3G and EDGE
    However, if wifi is available I suggest you connect to it. You can't know how much it increases your battery life!
    01-02-12 10:40 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

one thing you should know is that the battery requires a break in period.
    at around day 7-9 you will see a gain in battery life.
    Everyone i have spoken to, including myself has had bad battery life for the first week, and from there it will increase and stabilize.

I hope this helps.
    Fubaz:your post was not up when I sent mine in.
    I'm at about the 7day mark with 585,and I had not read a comment like yours on any other 9900 battery related thread.You don't mention changing the radio file or anything.
    I find the battery time poor between charges.Do you think I could see an improvement still?I run only one app',and only do a few e-mails and calls,but browse quite a bit.I go between 3G and EDGE.
    Any feedback appreciated-you Geniuses are just that.
    Cheers
    01-02-12 10:51 AM
    .540 and .590 have been perfect for me on 3G and EDGE
    However, if wifi is available I suggest you connect to it. You can't know how much it increases your battery life!
    Thanks for the tip,and I'm sure Wi-Fi would be good but,it's only at certain locations where I live,and using it is not really a daily option.
    As to 590 well,my carrier only approved/sent 585 out a week ago,so no idea if I'll ever see that.
    Thanks a lot.
    01-02-12 11:56 AM
    You don't need to keep typing that... and you're no longer a Newbie, you're a User now
    01-02-12 12:08 PM
    Thanks for the tip,and I'm sure Wi-Fi would be good but,it's only at certain locations where I live,and using it is not really a daily option.
    As to 590 well,my carrier only approved/sent 585 out a week ago,so no idea if I'll ever see that.
    Thanks a lot.
    My carrier didn't have .540 but I downloaded and installed I think the Vodaphone version. .540 increased my battery life dramatically.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-12 12:47 PM
    I've used at least 4 op systems and am currently using .590. All have been awful on battery. On a typical day I spend less than 15 min on the phone, a little mail and messaging and a bit of web stuff and often need to recharge after 12 hrs use (in a wifi area with a 3g signal booster!).

I recently noticed that it fell from 100% to 89% in an hour with no use, I'm wondering if it isn't in fact fully charging and suspect that the hardware doesn't account for this drain as I'm just not using it enough; I think this is a software issue.

I'd be really interested to hear what other, more expert users, think...
    01-02-12 01:51 PM
    I noticed a VAST increase in battery life once I turned the Location Settings to E911 Only. And I am talking from 24hrs(ish) to days.
    01-02-12 02:10 PM
    How do I do that e911?
    01-02-12 02:43 PM
    Thank you everyone for these posts. I downled to .540, and fully charged my batterys better but still not that good, I will keep this a couple of days to so if os can "get used to it" I am still availible for comments
    01-02-12 02:58 PM
    I noticed a VAST increase in battery life once I turned the Location Settings to E911 Only. And I am talking from 24hrs(ish) to days.
    How do we do that?
    01-02-12 03:07 PM
    You don't need to keep typing that... and you're no longer a Newbie, you're a User now
    Thanks-I've got a lot to learn about this,more mistakes to come,no doubt.It's nice to get friendly advice.
    This is meant in the most sincere way-Is there anything you don't know about the ups and downs of these phones?
    wolfee48 likes this.
    01-02-12 03:12 PM
    Thank you everyone for these posts. I downled to .540, and fully charged my batterys better but still not that good, I will keep this a couple of days to so if os can "get used to it" I am still availible for comments
    Let your battery run down very low. Do a few battery pulls. Then fully charge. I always do this with any new device and/or new OS update.

Others say that it doesn't help. But I have great battery life whenI do these steps. I can easily go 24+ hours.
    01-02-12 03:14 PM
    How do we do that?
    Options>Device>Location Settings

Note I dont use maps or anything that requires me to be GPS'ed
    01-02-12 03:16 PM
    Let your battery run down very low. Do a few battery pulls. Then fully charge. I always do this with any new device and/or new OS update.

Others say that it doesn't help. But I have great battery life whenI do these steps. I can easily go 24+ hours.
    For battery pulls, do you wait for your phone to open or just put, wait a second and put it back again?
    01-02-12 03:46 PM
    For battery pulls, do you wait for your phone to open or just put, wait a second and put it back again?
    Shouldn't matter... I usually just pull it and put it back in. Sometimes I wait a few seconds.
    01-02-12 04:36 PM
    My charge is pretty unstable. My minnimum discarge rate is 0.4 which happens in idle, 10 in light usage, and 2 hours later. Discharge rate in idle is 5.3, how these numbersre possible? The battery is 95F by the way, isn't it way too much?
    I'm using bold 9900
    Bought it 4 days ago
    Running .540 with the offical battery
    Last edited by crackamir; 01-03-12 at 01:40 AM.
    01-03-12 01:24 AM
    My charge is pretty unstable. My minnimum discarge rate is 0.4 which happens in idle, 10 in light usage, and 2 hours later. Discharge rate in idle is 5.3, how these numbersre possible? The battery is 95F by the way, isn't it way too much?
    I'm using bold 9900
    Bought it 4 days ago
    Running .540 with the offical battery
    Yes, I think 95F is too warm for the battery. Four days probably isn't enough for the battery to be broken in.

I'm beginning to think that many of us (especially me) go through the first week or so, trying to find the magic to extend battery life. Then when the battery is finally broken in and battery life improves, we think it's because of the last thing we tried.

I do think that leaving BlueTooth and Wifi on when not in use drains the battery. I don't think leaving "Location On" drains the battery unless you're using apps that use GPS. As far as I know, GPS is an on-demand kind of thing. Leaving "Location On" simply makes it available to the apps that want to use it, such as Poynt, or geotagging in the camera.
    01-03-12 08:22 AM
    Hmm ... my battery performance was great the 1st week. However, recently my battery has been draining-thus my post regarding the issue.
    01-03-12 11:52 AM
    I went to Telus today and told them about how bad the battery is on my BOLD 9900.

Apparently Telus is aware of this situation and they say that the first batch of batteries had many defective batteries...

I got a new battery for free since the phone is under warranty for 1 year.

Just got it, I will see how different this battery is. (They say to fully discharge it and charge it for 8 hrs)

It is worth a try !

VM
    02-04-12 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD