First things first, upgrade to 7.1

I use .267 but good things have been said about .284 and .342. Just make sure you're not on 7.0

I was slightly frustrated at first with my battery life even though the first thing I did was upgrade to .267. I've owned my 9930 for exactly one week and all that talk about the battery needing to settle in is absolutely right. Now I never go below 50% in a full day. I unplugged at 8 am and it's now 10 pm. 56% left and I surf, text, and email like a maniac.

So don't fret if battery life isn't good at first. Give it a week or so.

Cheers!
    03-28-12 09:51 PM
    What the f ever man!
    Battery still sucks regardless of updates.
    Let's see
    Unplug at 8 am until 10 pm... Battery levels 56%
    Boy you must hardly be using your berry (that is if you use it at all)
    Or
    You happen to have a powermat whereever you go so your phone is technically unplugged.

Anyways your claims are just a bunch BS
    03-29-12 10:11 AM
    I'm not sure you had enough rage-ahol this morning

I echo the OP's points, and I'm still running on 7.0.0.585. I can get at least 24 hours out of my battery with fairly heavy usage. I just make a point of closing applications I am not using, and not having these things running in the background eating up the battery. Use what you need and close everything else.

JB
    franchise22, wolfee48 and deezy87 like this.
    03-29-12 10:18 AM
    Battery advice: get the extra battery charging bundle. Sometimes i play,play,play on my bold and it's nice to toss in a fresh battery and go.
    03-29-12 10:19 AM
    Yesterday I unplugged at 07:00 and at around 23:30 I was at 47% left. That was with usage all day, surfing CrackBerry, played a game for a bit, Facebooked, text, and a few emails.

So no, jwang217's claim is not BS.
    Last edited by dustanh; 03-29-12 at 10:28 AM.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    03-29-12 10:20 AM
    Be nice to get that kind of life out of my torch. Actually I only ever use it away from home to bridge my pb for surfing etc. Not sure how long it would last doing most of that on the phone only.
    03-29-12 10:25 AM
    Update to 7.1 and get a second battery.
    03-29-12 10:28 AM

I echo the OP's points, and I'm still running on 7.0.0.585. I can get at least 24 hours out of my battery with fairly heavy usage. I just make a point of closing applications I am not using, and not having these things running in the background eating up the battery. Use what you need and close everything else.

JB
    Yes, i do close any apps i don't use
    Still battery life sucks.
    I could go DAYS (yesn that's "days" in plural form) without charging my 9700, and the same with the 8900 before that.
    03-29-12 10:29 AM
    Sounds like you've got a defective battery and should consider getting a new one. Just because you have crappy battery life doesn't mean the rest of the world does too.

JB
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    03-29-12 10:30 AM
    My battery is fine 1230mAh is simply poor for a 1.2GHz CPU + touchscreen.

Blame lazaridis for this stupid design decision.
    03-29-12 10:35 AM
    Then with respect, why did you get the phone? Do you not do research before making a big purchase like buying a smartphone?

The Bold 9900, for the most part, has comparable battery life to other smartphones on the market, except in some cases like yours where the battery life sucks as a result of a likely defective battery.

Read my signature if you need further clarification on why the battery is the way it is compared to older BBs.

JB
    03-29-12 10:39 AM
    My battery is fine 1230mAh is simply poor for a 1.2GHz CPU + touchscreen.

Blame lazaridis for this stupid design decision.
    So your battery is fine but your battery life sucks .......

Therefore everyone who is getting decent battery life is talking BS.

Hmm, know who I believe is making sense and it ain't you buddy !!!
    wolfee48 likes this.
    Closing apps you don't use does not justify having bad battery life. There are many apps that run in the background and you don't even know it. It is all about having the right apps and getting rid of the battery hogging apps.

Also, I use my device constantly thoughout the day. Sometimes I have great numbers like my first post in this thread and I have days where I can chew through my battery in a matter of hours. Why would I need a battery that last for days? At any given moment I have a plug handy for emergencies, but never use it unless I know that I'm not going to be around a wall socket.
    Last edited by dustanh; 03-29-12 at 10:45 AM.
    I also have twitter, facebook, and beweather set to refresh every half hour... no problems there

if you've owned your bold for only a few days, honestly just wait a little longer. i've heard it can take up to a month for the battery to settle in.

if you've had it for several months... well then something more tricky has gone awry
    03-29-12 11:42 AM
    with 7.0 my 9900 was lasting until roughly 7/8pm when I'd need to recharge, or I'd plug it in while at the office...

updated to 7.1 last week and WOW I can see the difference. I'm up using my phone at 6am and by 10/11pm I still have 35-40% left. I have Twitter (not on auto update, I manually update that), Facebook (manual update), BeWeather (manual update), send on average 10,000 texts a month (so i'm not a light texter), and email constantly (2 email accounts both on 5 minute reconcile). Usually I have about an hour of call time total in a day. (Play a little brickbreaker, surf the web a little bit, look at apps ...all for under 20 mins a day).

Bascially what I have learned works for me is to always make sure nothing is set on auto update, always fully close out of apps, I have my back light on auto sensing (but have the level at 30%), and use WiFi when I'm at the office/client/at home.

(RIGHT NOW I'm at 85%, been off the charger for 6 hours - texting, email, some surfing on CNN, 30 mins of call time)

Compared to an iPhone or Android phone...battery life is leaps and bounds better!
    03-29-12 12:35 PM
    My battery life is awesome!
    03-29-12 04:49 PM
    What the f ever man!
    Let's see
    Or
    You happen to have a powermat whereever you go so your phone is technically unplugged.

So since your battery life sucks, everyone else's has to suck also. No possible way that things could vary from user to user and sevice to device.

So according to your logic, every guy has a small ?
    James Wang and Krack-Berri like this.
    03-29-12 06:58 PM
    Several factors effect the outcome of the battery. Going from OS 7.0 to 7.1 the battery improved significantly on my device. Keep in mind if you use those new features like wifi hotspot and DLNA it will increase the battery drain.

-A lot of BBM
    -Some SMS
    -no calls
    -10 Emails
    -2 or 3 hr of web browsing
    -Backlight set to 10

I get about 3.9%/hr. Unplugged 7:00 AM and now it is 6:30 PM with 51% of the battery left. I am OK with it for daily use.
    03-29-12 07:24 PM
    Why do people still complain randomly about battery life when the device analyzer gives you info as to what specifically is draining the battery...
    03-29-12 07:40 PM
    Good god i've stumbled across a trolling thread....

In that case...

I pee when I pooh..

That is all...
    03-29-12 07:59 PM
    Compared to others in this post, I guess I am a light user!! I unplugged my 9900 yesterday at 7am and just plugged it in now at 12%. If I had forgotten to charge my 9900 with 7.0 I would have woken up to a completely dead phone.

Battery life to me is excellent, not as good as my old 9700, but good enough to me considering the stuff under the hood.
    03-29-12 07:59 PM
    Compared to others in this post, I guess I am a light user!! I unplugged my 9900 yesterday at 7am and just plugged it in now at 12%. If I had forgotten to charge my 9900 with 7.0 I would have woken up to a completely dead phone.

Battery life to me is excellent, not as good as my old 9700, but good enough to me considering the stuff under the hood.
    you put in much nicer words what i feel about the 9900's battery life. with the 9700 i could go without charging 2-3 days at a time
    os 7.1 does slightly improve battery life

i guess that any 9900 user that thinks battery life is at least decent then they must have been android users with crap android phones with crappy battery life.
    03-30-12 09:45 AM
    What the f ever man!
    Let's see
    Or

JB
    Maybe you should switch names

i get almost a full day on OS7.0 with reasonable use, just updating to 7.1 as i type this, so hopefully the OPs claims are true
    wolfee48 likes this.
    03-30-12 10:44 AM
    Maybe we should, but then I wouldn't have this badass username anymore

I like taking the ironic angle.

JB
    03-30-12 10:54 AM
    My original intent was only directly aimed at all the potential new owners if they wanted to do a quick search on crackberry or even google about how to increase their battery life. I believe that a significant proportion of people, including me, have experienced success with the steps that I've suggested.

For those consumers who are not crackberry abusers, they just want a quick answer, and this thread might popup on a google search and they might find it useful.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    03-30-12 12:03 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD