Here's my detailed yet complicated story (please read, need your help! Havent been able to find a solution on any other 9900 battery thread here)

My 9900 would last me about 10 hours a day with a good amount of use. Two days ago the phone mysteriously shutdown and started after several battery pulls after which I get only 2 to 3 hours of battery life !! Right after the first shutdown the phone would get heated everytime I charged it and charging symbol of the lighting sign over the battery would change to a plug sign and refuse to charge the phone further. However it is no a battery issue as I have a spare battery with which it has the same problem and I also swapped batterys with my friends 9900 and figured that my battery works fine on his while his drains the same way on mine.
    Thus the problem seems to be with the phone. After the battery is completely dead the phone refuses to revive and all I see is a black screen with the battery sign and a red X on it. Even after overnight charging the sign doesn't go away nor does the phone turn back on. But then I plug the battery into my friends phone and it charges the battery fine. Again, there is no problem with the charger as I used the same charger on my friends phone. I am certain the problem is with the phone and it is seems like it isn't a software problem either as I tried the following:
    -Updated the phone to the latest 7.0 that didn't resolve the problem after which I updated it to 7.1 (did do a bbsak wipe device both times) and that did not change the situation of battery drain either. I left the fully charged phone overnight and in 5 hours the phone died even though it was completely idle. The BB Analytics showed that the Battery Drain Rate is HIGH = 20%/hr !

What could the problem be?? Please help urgently ! Is there something I can do to rectify this at home as I tried complete wipes and software updated and no difference or do I need to send it in for repairs?

Has anyone else had similar issues?
    03-14-12 02:58 PM
    Did you install any BB Beta Zone apps? I found after instaling Twitter's first beta my battery life was 3 to 4 times worse than it was before.
    03-15-12 12:23 AM
    What is your backlight setting?

Also, it takes few days before an OS goes to normal battery drain rates after an install. If you just load the new OS, you may want to stay few days before the battery life get better.
    -------
    Sent from BlackBerry Bold 9900 using webkit
    web
    03-15-12 12:32 AM
    It broke. Get it repaired.
    03-15-12 09:06 AM
    It broke. Get it repaired.
    What are you talking about? What do you mean by broke?
    -------
    web
    03-15-12 09:56 AM
    What are you talking about? What do you mean by broke?
    -------
    web
    I think what he means, in a somewhat less terse and abrupt phrasing, is that sometimes something in the phone just fails and there is nothing you can do about it. "No user serviceable part inside", right? That seems like it might be the case here. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and take it back to where you got it and say "Here. Fix this or replace it."

You did a battery pull (several times) and you also let the battery go flat, which should have recalibrated the phones batetry monitor. The fact that the batter gets hot tells me something is sucking a lot of juice. That can either be software or hardware. If you haven't added or changed any software that will cause that, then you have a choice. Wipe the device and reload it and see what happens, or take it back.

I'd take it back.
    03-15-12 10:04 AM
    Agree. Sounds like a hardware issue.
    03-15-12 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD