It could be that ur on bad reception area

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-11 01:00 AM
    It could be that ur on bad reception area

that doesn't make sense, why wouldn't it drain that fast with .353 than?
    11-16-11 01:08 AM
    that doesn't make sense, why wouldn't it drain that fast with .353 than?
    True. Try 2g only. Or is could be apps. Try a clean install by wiping. Use apploader. Check background apps. There must be a reason, we just havent find out..

11-16-11 01:12 AM
    True. Try 2g only. Or is could be apps. Try a clean install by wiping. Use apploader. Check background apps. There must be a reason, we just havent find out..

Bell doesn't have 2g so no luck there. I've tried wiping and reinstalling everything, but no luck. It doesn't make sense (especially cause I have a friend on bell who says .503 is amazing)

Im gonna install .540 and hope that is better
    11-16-11 01:14 AM
    day 3. off the base at 7am. surfing, heavy email and txt day, TWO plus hours of talking. 9pm. batt at 40%!
    This is as heavy as it gets as far a usage for me. As far as I'm concerned-- I'm back to 9700 glory days! LOL.

weird question! which charger do you use ? the one came in the box (slim) or the general mains charger?
    11-16-11 02:03 AM
    Bell doesn't have 2g so no luck there. I've tried wiping and reinstalling everything, but no luck. It doesn't make sense (especially cause I have a friend on bell who says .503 is amazing)

Tried clean install and not restoring any apps? Anyways goodluck and please inform if 540 is better.

11-16-11 04:57 AM
    weird question! which charger do you use ? the one came in the box (slim) or the general mains charger?
    I bought a base (oem blackberry) cause I hate plugging in the USB wire to the side of the phone. One of the beauties of the Bold line is the charging pins underneath. And to answer your question-- the base itself is plugged into the kind if charger that. comes with the 9900 :The little square nub that the USB cable plugs into. Btw-- why do you ask?

11-16-11 05:16 AM
    Yeah my battery life is also much better after i updated the 503 version.

11-16-11 06:52 AM

Have you been restoring from a backup each time?
    11-16-11 08:10 AM
    Wow, my 9900 is finally useable. As someone who travels extensively I was getting tired of my phone being dead come 3 in the afternoon and on Monday was literally at the point of throwing the phone away and switching devices, until I found this thread.

I am on Rogers and have never been able to get a full day, sometimes needing to charge 3 times/day! Monday I loaded .503, restored my phone from a backup using BDM, pulled the battery, rebooted and then charged it overnight. I haven't had to charge my phone since.

After a standard day of use yesterday, including about 70 mins on the phone and all day using data, and bluetooth I am still at about 50%. This truly is remarkable compared to what I have been seeing. I really wonder what they could have done to improve the life so dramatically? Over the past few years I have tried many different updates to different BB's and never seen an increase in battery life like this.
    11-16-11 08:30 AM
    Been using .503 for a couple of days.

Battery life does seem better. Yesterday, after medium-heavy use, I was on 38% after 16 hours. This was using 2G. Normally would be on >10% on previous builds.

Tried using 3G today, drained 8% in an hour after only 3 or 4 BBM's so gave up testing that and switched back to 2G
    11-16-11 08:43 AM
    Warning: If you've upgraded to .503 and are having good luck, stay there for now. I loaded up .540 and so far it's horrible. Idle hourly drain on 503 was down as low as 1.7% over the weekend; first thing this morning off the charger it was 4.1%, doing absolutely nothing. Right now after having done very little of anything I'm draining at 7.6%. I'll give it a day or two and a couple of charge cycles before I pull the plugand go back to 503, but don't rush to 540 hoping for an improvement just yet.

11-16-11 08:48 AM
    Yes! After 24 hours I'm at 1.7% per hour on average. In a pinch, have 2 days of uptime without recharge.

11-16-11 09:22 AM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Bold 9900 with the new software release is amazing!!!! ... can't beat it!!

11-16-11 09:36 AM
    Ditto over here. Normally I charge the phone on a daily basis. So far, over 24 hour period of my usual usage and I'm not even down to 50%. I'm very impressed.

Whoops. I actually updated to the .540 and not .503. .540 works like a charm! It could be 503 works better but I'm definitely not complaining right now after having updated from .24...whatever it was!
    Last edited by Allan in T.Dot; 11-16-11 at 02:30 PM.
    11-16-11 09:41 AM
    Can I restore all my applications from desktop manager. Did you all do that as well? Or did you have to re-install all apps from scratch. That would be painful, if that's the case.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-16-11 10:43 AM
    Can I restore all my applications from desktop manager. Did you all do that as well? Or did you have to re-install all apps from scratch. That would be painful, if that's the case.
    Most people recommend you do that, and it's probably a good idea, but I never do. I did a backup first, then installed .503 and let it backup and restore everything during this process. Worked fine for me and I have never had a problem before.
    Last edited by thewinger; 11-16-11 at 11:19 AM.
    11-16-11 11:17 AM
    Funny how results with battery life vary slightly. I'm just a moderate user, and the best battery life I've had so far is from .474. I've been running .503 for a few days and at the end of today, I'm going back to .474.
    I have the exact same settings and apps for both builds.
    11-16-11 11:19 AM
    Tried clean install and not restoring any apps? Anyways goodluck and please inform if 540 is better.

Yeah, the only app i installed was meterberry to monitor battery life but it was terrible.

.540 is way worse. I updated last night, battery was 100% at 11pm, when i woke up at 6am i was sitting at 7% (the battery was super hot) with 0 use.
    11-16-11 03:34 PM
    Totti, which OS version one did u have before? Which carrier?

Did u try 503? I am thinking of going to 503. If everyone is recommending it.

Yeah, the only app i installed was meterberry to monitor battery life but it was terrible.

.540 is way worse. I updated last night, battery was 100% at 11pm, when i woke up at 6am i was sitting at 7% (the battery was super hot) with 0 use.

11-16-11 03:42 PM
    Totti, which OS version one did u have before? Which carrier?

Did u try 503? I am thinking of going to 503. If everyone is recommending it.

yeah I tried .503 & .540

My phone only seems to work with .353 for some reason, which makes no sense to me. And its definitely my phone because I replaced my battery as well. Anybody have any suggestions? I would love for .503 to work with the amazing battery life I keep hearing about
    11-16-11 03:46 PM

I installed .540 last night and put the phone back on the charger when I went to bed. Unplugged it when I left for work this morning and it was sucking down the battery pretty badly doing not much of anything on it, like idling at around 7% per hour. At one point, at the rate it was draining it would have been dead by 9 PM. Then all of a sudden this afternoon it leveled off and average drain rate just kept dropping. Right now at almost 10, I've still got 40% remaining.

I was also having a very bad time getting (what at&t calls) 4G, so I switched it to 2G, which is right around the time the battery drain rate started dropping. Could be coincidence, could be at&t's totally ****ty service, or could be the HSPA radio is a power-hog. I don't know, but right now I've got 4G and WiFi enabled, doing a little browsing and messaging, and battery drain is the lowest it's been all day. Moral of the story, give the new OS at least one full day and a few reboots before trying to gage battery usage.
    11-16-11 08:58 PM
    what are the sprint guys suggesting is the best? 503?
    11-16-11 09:51 PM
    According to BatteryPlus mine is draining 2% every half hour sitting idle.I always have 5 bars at 4G. I have Twitter, Facebook, and Google Contacts + Calender set to sync/update every few hours. This is with .503 of course. I'm not sure if this is good or bad but I know this phone drains quicker than my old 9000. The 9000 wasn't doing much of anything though, getting pushed email, and some daily alarms.

Last edited by olblueyez; 11-16-11 at 10:22 PM.
    11-16-11 10:20 PM
    I bought a base (oem blackberry) cause I hate plugging in the USB wire to the side of the phone. One of the beauties of the Bold line is the charging pins underneath. And to answer your question-- the base itself is plugged into the kind if charger that. comes with the 9900 :The little square nub that the USB cable plugs into. Btw-- why do you ask?

well apparently some people have found out that using the traditional mains charger increases the battery life! and I suspect that's the issue with my bold!! Check out this post http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-great-669960/
    11-16-11 10:24 PM
128 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD