Its odd, the phone restarted and came back fine. But it randomly restarts. Tons of free memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Could be an app conflicting with 503. I always wipe and install the OS and then reinstall my apps from appworld, but anyhow if it's solved,,, all the better. Did it ever reoccur (the reboot) after all this?

11-13-11 10:43 PM
    Yep, once a day my phone gets crazy n reboots

11-13-11 10:48 PM
    Yeah but its not an official release so don't wanna risk moving from 261 to 503 just yet. Seems to be a nacent release and I guess people are focusing a lot on the super battery life but there might be a few loose ends on the leak that's why its not official just yet.

Haven't seen any 'loose ends' yet, just greatly improved battery life. No problems, no hangs, no freezes, no random reboots, no connection issues. It"s been very solid.

Leaked OS's are official releases from RIM ... they just haven't been verified by all the carriers yet. I've been loading leaks for years now and never had an issue. I think with one exception every one improved on whatever preceded it. Don't let the label 'leak' scare you.

11-13-11 11:12 PM
    Can the OS upgrade be done OTA? I don't own a PC and would like to try this new OS.
    No you can't. Unless your service provider release an OS upgrade officially, you need a computer to do this. Only the offical OTA pushed OS can be loaded OTA.

11-13-11 11:20 PM
    the the amount of frequency in upgrading OS, wouldnt it be a pain to setup the phone all over?

i know there is a backup/restore function, but does it REALLY restore 100% all phone/app settings?
    11-13-11 11:39 PM
    yep, i agree battery life did improve drastically! At first it did not seem any different, but with a battery pull and a full charge, its back! off charge at 8 am and now, 16:17, its at 77 and average discharge rate of 2.8%/hour. I haven't been heavily using it, but way better than before, by now with the old build id be around 50%
    I will be getting my new 9900 from ATT delivered tomorrow. Do you recomend upgrading to 503 right away. Need to limit updates as it resets my BES connection and I have to get permission to reconnect each time.

11-14-11 12:39 AM
    for battery exceeding >12hrs, are you on:

1) 2G only;
    2) 2G and 3G; or
    3) 3G only?
    11-14-11 01:15 AM

1) 2G only;
    2) 2G and 3G; or
    3) 3G only?
    It's funny. I loaded this build 3 times, had horrible luck, battery drain and high CPU usage. 2G was missing, only 3G and 3G&2G were present in the list. I Don't know why my device is unlucky! lol.
    11-14-11 02:21 AM

1) 2G only;
    2) 2G and 3G; or
    3) 3G only?
    Mix of 3g and 2g depends on location. Today i use full 3g its been 9 hours of heavy use still 45pc battery remaining. Just try it for yourself.

11-14-11 03:45 AM
    It's funny. I loaded this build 3 times, had horrible luck, battery drain and high CPU usage. 2G was missing, only 3G and 3G&2G were present in the list. I Don't know why my device is unlucky! lol.
    Use loader than dm. Dont forget to backup and delete vendor.xml

11-14-11 03:47 AM
    I will be getting my new 9900 from ATT delivered tomorrow. Do you recomend upgrading to 503 right away. Need to limit updates as it resets my BES connection and I have to get permission to reconnect each time.

Stick around this thread and checkout the original leak thread to get more infod. I say you have nothing to lose. Remember to use latest device driver and upgrade properly things should work out.

11-14-11 03:51 AM
    I can confirm this build is a massive improvement on the battery life from .474 and that was better then .261 it came with.

It also seems to hold on to the network better.

11-14-11 05:33 AM
    To add further to my posts, my battery was around 95% before I went to sleep last night. 8 hrs later I wake up with a reading of 85%!

Last week during the same period I lost 45% life through the night!
    11-14-11 05:39 AM
    Use loader than dm. Dont forget to backup and delete vendor.xml

Always do. Same results.
    11-14-11 05:54 AM
    Always do. Same results.
    Could be driver issues. Try complete wipe or do with other computer

11-14-11 07:19 AM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    WOW! .. Can't wait until Rogers releases this for the Bold 9900!! ... Loving the Bold 9900!! ... sounds like it will be even better after this software upgrade!

11-14-11 07:59 AM
    I installed this build couple of minutes ago. Are their only englisch languages in this one? or is het possible to add more languages? And if yes, how? Thanks in advance.. Will test battery in the next days!
    11-14-11 08:38 AM
    I installed this build couple of minutes ago. Are their only englisch languages in this one? or is het possible to add more languages? And if yes, how? Thanks in advance.. Will test battery in the next days!
    What have you installed to give the battery a longer life?
    11-14-11 08:44 AM
    Connect your phone with DM go to applications, in the menu,
    Let it load, if it's good scroll down and you would see the languagepacks.
    Tick the language you want, then click install.
    It will install it and reboot the phone after the installation has been done.
    And you would have your language installed, if it's correct.

I have to work to 17:00 CET and will be at home in 1,5 hour. I will follow up your steps. If I got questions I will add you on the pin
    11-14-11 08:49 AM
    my battery life has been okay thus far.. around 4-5% discharge, which is still a little high compared to my other BB's...

saturday and sunday were my first real days with this OS and it's gotten better.. saturday i was at a 2.8% discharge all day.. and yesterday i was at a 2.5% discharge all day.. was at 55% lastnight before bed at 1am..

my wife who is still on .440 was at 25% at the same time..

weekends are my lighter usage days as i am with my wife 24/7, going out etc..

we'll see how it holds up today..
    11-14-11 08:59 AM
    Installed .503 Friday afternoon so couple of days to settle in and done a few battery pulls.

Left home this morning on full charge, have been driving all day so Blue Tooth on for Hands Free and using 2G.

30 mins calls and a dozen e.mails.

6 hours later battery on 92% with Meter Berry showing an average discharge of 1.2% per hour.

Works for me !!!
    11-14-11 10:29 AM
    Installed .503 Friday afternoon so couple of days to settle in and done a few battery pulls.

Left home this morning on full charge, have been driving all day so Blue Tooth on for Hands Free and using 2G.

30 mins calls and a dozen e.mails.

6 hours later battery on 92% with Meter Berry showing an average discharge of 1.2% per hour.

Works for me !!!
    I am curious.... Is there a reason why you are on 2G instead of 3G or 4G/H+? Is there an effect to using 2G over 3G when it comes to calls and texts or it just only effect the data speeds?
    11-14-11 10:36 AM
    I am curious.... Is there a reason why you are on 2G instead of 3G or 4G/H+? Is there an effect to using 2G over 3G when it comes to calls and texts or it just only effect the data speeds?
    I use 2G when in the car as in general for me in the UK I get a more consistent signal with less battery useage as the 9900 is not constantly searching for 2G or 3G signal.

At home with a good 3G signal I use the 2G/3G option as the Bold is not constantly searching for the best signal as it does when I am on the move.

I find that Data Services are fine with 2G for receiving e.mails but 3G is tons better for browsing when Wifi is not available.

Hope this helps.
    11-14-11 10:43 AM
    It's possible for signal strength and call quality to be effected 2G vs 3G, but it depends on your carrier (on 2G some carriers run a half rate codec, with a full rate on 3G, which would provide for better quality on 3G).

In most cases you will not notice a difference in voice quality, so if battery life is more important...
    11-14-11 11:01 AM
    Why i cant select only 2G in my mobile network ? I only have two options: 3G / 3G & 2G

Why?? In my old 9700 i had two options: 2G / 3G & 2G, so i can select only 2G for battery conservation.

Thanks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-14-11 11:10 AM
128 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD