I don't usually bother to join membership of forum. But after all I found the solution in this forum, so here it is. The battery life problem is largely fixed for me after upgrading to version 503. This is my 4th upgrade to hunt for the best OS for long battery life.
    I am running since morning for 15 hours straight and I still have 45% left. It seems that the first few hours the battery drops alot then last few hours my battery only drops 5-10%.

I use GPRS to conserve. The OS can be found here from the leak thread in this forum. :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...9900-a-668958/

Btw for those asking, this is the BEST blackberry but not the best smartphone. I carry 2 phones and use this for e-mail and work for its fast and accurate typing etc. And no, mine doesn't brick or stops when upgrading OS. Anyways, we have warranty if such bad luck happen.
    good luck

edit: version .540 is very good as well in terms of battery life.
    Last edited by guzprom; 11-20-11 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Version 540 seems quite good too
    11-13-11 10:47 AM
    Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

11-13-11 11:11 AM
    Yes, i was really impressed by the result and wanted to quickly share this. Rim should have gotten this fixed before launching. The battery lasted only for 6-10 hrs before, making it a real disappointment for me. But better late than never. Hopefully there is no other bug and not just temporary. with this version, so far so good. Will post if any issue later.
    11-13-11 12:11 PM
    Can you confirm whether the trackpad and navigation backlights fade or not (ie. With the original OS they used to fade out but now they just blink off if that makes sense)?
    11-13-11 12:19 PM
    Good to have your feedback, i've been on.503 at the start of the leak.

And i can say over and over again it did the trick for me.

I've been running from 11:30am now, i have been heavenly browsing, listening to music and chatting, 4/5hours now,

From that time till 18.22pm now!

And it's still sits at 67% i feel it's getting better and better!

I hope something like this will be available for the 9930 soon.

Via Blackberry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk®
    11-13-11 12:23 PM
    For those who have upgraded please share your thoughts on this. The thread in OS leak has a few people saying their battery life increase a lot. Thanks.
    11-13-11 12:23 PM
    @strider: it fades. It's cool but the main thing is the battery life. Huge increase. Hopefully no compromises to achieve it.
    11-13-11 12:28 PM
    Same things here. 4th upgrade and finally my battery seems much better. Signal is stronger and quicker, and everything is smooth and great. right now half time with 2G half with 3G its like 1,6% hour..
    11-13-11 12:29 PM
    Yep.....I've been running .503 for several days now, and I am for sure getting much better battery life than any other OS, and I have tried them all. Totally recommend this OS to everyone that has a 9900.

11-13-11 01:00 PM
    I'm on 474 and the batt is great. You guys saying it's much better on 503?
    Please don't answer if you've never used 474. Thx.

11-13-11 01:38 PM
    Battery life is incredible! I'm lost for words on how its changed!
    DaddyFizzle likes this.
    11-13-11 02:03 PM
    Greatly improved with .503. Off the charger since 8:50 yesterday morning, I'm still sitting at 49%. Very light use over the weekendsfor me, but this is still more in line with what my old Torch would get.
    DaddyFizzle likes this.
    11-13-11 02:16 PM
    I'm on 261 and the battery lifes alright, about a little over a day. Phone keeps restarting, jvm errors. Phone is stock. Maybe I'll give this one a shot once its officially launched. Thanks for the update.

11-13-11 02:53 PM
    Can you confirm whether the trackpad and navigation backlights fade or not (ie. With the original OS they used to fade out but now they just blink off if that makes sense)?
    Yes it fades. The screen fades first with the keys. Then the four top (hot?) keys fade, followed by the track pad slowly fading last - looks pretty cool
    11-13-11 03:02 PM
    The battery life with 503 has DRASTICALLY IMPROVED, if you haven't upgraded yet...go for it!
    11-13-11 03:07 PM
    Yeah but its not an official release so don't wanna risk moving from 261 to 503 just yet. Seems to be a nacent release and I guess people are focusing a lot on the super battery life but there might be a few loose ends on the leak that's why its not official just yet.

11-13-11 03:07 PM
    yep, i agree battery life did improve drastically! At first it did not seem any different, but with a battery pull and a full charge, its back! off charge at 8 am and now, 16:17, its at 77 and average discharge rate of 2.8%/hour. I haven't been heavily using it, but way better than before, by now with the old build id be around 50%
    DaddyFizzle likes this.
    11-13-11 03:19 PM
    Can the OS upgrade be done OTA? I don't own a PC and would like to try this new OS.
    11-13-11 03:23 PM
    Can the OS upgrade be done OTA? I don't own a PC and would like to try this new OS.
    if it can be done OTA, i have no idea how? Im almost positive you need pc
    11-13-11 05:43 PM
    i did tried .474 it was insane bad for me, it didn't just worked in for me somehow.
    .503 is good for me it worked straight away, and this is based on my experience.
    and i won't lie about this, my answer to you is valid. thx
    did you tried .503 if you don't you can't also answer either? no offense
    No byul. I didn't use 503. I WANNA try it. My batt is good so I'm thinking if it's much better on 503 it should be totally awesome. I'm gonna do it now. thx :-)

11-13-11 06:46 PM
    YES, .503 is way better than .474 by a lot. I urge everyone to upgrade. Not a single bad feedback about battery life andit was the single worst thing about this phone. Fix it.
    DaddyFizzle likes this.
    11-13-11 07:11 PM
    YES, .503 is way better than .474 by a lot. I urge everyone to upgrade. Not a single bad feedback about battery life andit was the single worst thing about this phone. Fix it.
    Great news! Gives me hope for even better battery from my 9930. I just hope we get a similar release/leak soon.
    11-13-11 07:19 PM
    One thing about .503 is the phone doesn't get as warm as previous OS. Even quite cold when idle. Everything else is smooth and normal. Anyone else notice the same thing?
    oli.baillie likes this.
    11-13-11 07:27 PM
    I'm on 261 and the battery lifes alright, about a little over a day. Phone keeps restarting, jvm errors. Phone is stock. Maybe I'll give this one a shot once its officially launched. Thanks for the update.

what jvm error did you encounter and how did you solve it? i have jvm517 error but i can't seem to reload the os.
    11-13-11 10:08 PM
    Its odd, the phone restarted and came back fine. But it randomly restarts. Tons of free memory.

11-13-11 10:36 PM
128 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD