you know in the years i have been on this site i have never noticed that. thanks for the tip!

well you seem to have some super battery. i can bbm silvia for an hour or two and she will be down to 50 percent in no time

so.......i would like to see if you guys can try something.

i know alot of you have this device and got it because it pretty much can do everything but if you dont plan on using the gps for awhile try turning it off for a day or two and seeing if that makes a significant difference in the battery life.
    i know on my 9650 it didnt affect it that much but nor did the wifi thing either.

please post up your findings if you dare give this test a try

Haven't been here that long, but I haven't noticed that little triangle to bring you back to the original quote either!

Doing BBM and web also kills my battery from what I noticed... Also, wifi definitely helps! According to Meterberry my battery drain was roughly 1.9% overnight without wifi on. Turning it on, it dropped to 1.0%! I'll give the GPS thing a shot and see what happens.
    08-26-11 08:05 PM
    Seems a lot of people have been havong batterry issues. I guess I'm lucky as I get through a normal day with 50% left or so. I send hundreds of texts and BBMs, 50+ emails from 3 different accounts, lots of forums, and calls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    sorry but I won't believe this without proof.....
    08-26-11 08:26 PM
    After 13 hours of low usage this is what I get.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-27-11 06:33 AM

Define low usage... Do you have wi-fi on as well?

08-27-11 07:48 AM
    Has to be! 10%??? that is unreal
    08-27-11 07:59 AM
    Define low usage... Do you have wi-fi on as well?

Now that I am using the mobile normaly It is 1.5%.

Wifi and BT were on all the time.

More or less as my 7980

08-27-11 08:03 AM
    I wiped my phone two days ago and the only thing I installed was my GMail and my 2 BBM contacts, because of that i used it very lightly, receiving about 20 emails and reading those with about 20 mins of web browsing. I disconnected.it.from the charger at 8am and by 5pm I still had 70% of battery.

I.will never see that again as i already set up my social networks and IM accounts.
    08-27-11 08:05 AM
    had the phone for 3 days now . I am on my third charged. Battery seems to be very good so far. Of course coming from a storm 2 this would be a big change .

One thing I noticed though is that when I was accessing G+ on the browser it drained the battery pretty fast and I felt my phone getting warmer.

Anybody else noticed this ?
    08-27-11 08:07 AM
    had the phone for 3 days now . I am on my third charged. Battery seems to be very good so far. Of course coming from a storm 2 this would be a big change .

One thing I noticed though is that when I was accessing G+ on the browser it drained the battery pretty fast and I felt my phone getting warmer.

Anybody else noticed this ?
    Funny, I haven't even opened my G+ on my phone. I guess that that is a very HTML5 heavy site.
    08-27-11 08:10 AM
    Funny, I haven't even opened my G+ on my phone. I guess that that is a very HTML5 heavy site.
    there is a lite mobile version.This is the one that opens by default. the other one which more "html5" like site is prettier but very slow . Thats the one that killed my battery.
    08-27-11 08:22 AM
    sorry but I won't believe this without proof.....
    its true mates. im at 45% on the morning of day 2! Let me add that i was in a seminar all day yesterday and had pretty light use and kept the phone in the holster. i did about 10-15 emails 7 calls and 10 minutes of GPS to get me going the right direction. some camera use and a little slacker radio. i have found that browsing and Telenav Navigation drain the most battery.
    08-27-11 09:29 AM
    Took the phone off the charger at 8a.m and by 11p.m i had 5% left

is that good or bad?
    08-27-11 11:30 AM

More importantly - how are you getting MeterBerry to work with OS 7.0?? I show it's unavailable on my device.
    08-27-11 12:26 PM
    More importantly - how are you getting MeterBerry to work with OS 7.0?? I show it's unavailable on my device.
    I just downloaded from mobihand after I requested to update my pin. It is working without any issue.
    Itstakenovermylife likes this.
    08-27-11 12:32 PM
    New update.

After 21 hours and 15 minutes I am still above 50%.

I have made a few calls, used the GPS after been able to calibrate the compass in the park. I have used foursquare and being in areas without signal. I have checked the forums and Facebook.

I think it is +- like my 9780, maybe when is used it uses more power but during idle it see it very good.

Last edited by waveuk; 08-27-11 at 12:41 PM.
    08-27-11 12:38 PM
    New update.

After 21 hours and 15 minutes I am still above 50%.

I have made a few calls, used the GPS after been able to calibrate the compass in the park. I have used foursquare and being in areas without signal. I have checked the forums and Facebook.

I think it is +- like my 9780, maybe when is used it uses more power but during idle it see it very good.
    There looks to be another thread saying that it's possible there's a batch of bad batteries with 9930... care to share your battery's info at http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rmance-642976/. You'll need to pop the battery out to get the location made and lot number of the battery so you'll probably have to wait until you're ready to charge your phone again. Please do share this info as it could help us determine why some of us have crappy battery life.
    08-27-11 12:58 PM
    There looks to be another thread saying that it's possible there's a batch of bad batteries with 9930... care to share your battery's info at http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rmance-642976/. You'll need to pop the battery out to get the location made and lot number of the battery so you'll probably have to wait until you're ready to charge your phone again. Please do share this info as it could help us determine why some of us have crappy battery life.
    I will do that for sure, once I have to charge the mobile again.

Probably it is as you say a batch of bad batteries or very heavy usage. I have to say that the first day the battery did not last a lot and I had almost 15% drop per hour.

I am happy I do not have problems with the battery because I am suffering from other issues as the keypad not 100% flush. It is not that bad so I do not know if ask for a replacement and then end up in a worst situation, like the battery�
    08-27-11 01:02 PM
    I will do that for sure, once I have to charge the mobile again.

Probably it is as you say a batch of bad batteries or very heavy usage. I have to say that the first day the battery did not last a lot and I had almost 15% drop per hour.

I am happy I do not have problems with the battery because I am suffering from other issues as the keypad not 100% flush. It is not that bad so I do not know if ask for a replacement and then end up in a worst situation, like the battery�
    Keypad not flush or the buttons next to the trackpad? I think is is common and rare to get a perfectly flush one, though if you did exchange it for a new device, I'm pretty sure you could ask them if you could keep the battery and just swap devices.
    08-27-11 01:11 PM
    Keypad not flush or the buttons next to the trackpad? I think is is common and rare to get a perfectly flush one, though if you did exchange it for a new device, I'm pretty sure you could ask them if you could keep the battery and just swap devices.
    I think the buttons are not 100% glued so the plastic of is like 1/3 mm over the screen and it is a little uncomfortable when you move your finger down.

It seems to be getting better with the usage. I also notice when you click the menu or back button that they are not as nice as they should be. I have a 9780 and my wife a 9300 (similar design with plastic on the keypad) but both seam better solved in this area.

I fear that if I exchange the mobile this will be the same problem. I see a design issue having plastic and glass too close while the plastic has to have some movement for pressing the buttons. I also have another minor issue that the light coming from the menu button is more noticeable in one of the dots. Again not sure is a defect of my mobile or a design issue. Not too worry about this, except if this could mean an issue in the future related that maybe the keypad is not properly attached.
    08-27-11 01:31 PM
    Check out this video of the 9930 disassembly... . Apparently there's no glue that holds that plastic piece down. It's a one piece with the keypad so it probably just means over time it should get flush with the screen or if you push it down enough it'll get flush.
    08-27-11 03:13 PM
    stupid question but when does the Idle start it is after i do a battery pull
    08-27-11 03:56 PM
    i hope these issues are from bad batteries. this would be a wonderful surprise. i am also curious how the battery life is on the new curves with a diff processor and no touchscreen and a diff battery.
    08-27-11 08:16 PM
    I had pretty ridiculous battery life the first day after I got the phone. After an overnight charge, I was down to 49% in the afternoon.

I deleted the Social Feeds app, I cranked the screen brightness down to 60% (it was at 100% out of the box, totally didn't need that), and I changed my Facebook updates to every 3 hours.

Now I have the legendary BB battery life again. It's been going two days without a charge and but since it's the weekend, it's going through minimal use. Hoping for good things when the week starts again.
    08-27-11 09:07 PM
    Well with people claiming only 4hrs of use and all that stuff adjusted and they're batteries dying I wish you the best. Lol

08-27-11 09:37 PM
    After 14-1/2 hours of moderate use today, I'm at 67% (2.4%/hour). SocialScope and Berryweather updating every 30 minutes, screen brightness at 50%, Meterberry running, wifi, GPS and NFC on. Running leaked .353 OS. I'm pretty happy with the battery life on this phone!

08-27-11 09:39 PM
274 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD