11-09-11 05:19 PM
274 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Here we go again..... lost 5% since unplugging an hour ago and all I've done is check Ubersocial once.
    08-23-11 03:14 AM
    I've also been experiencing low battery life on my 9900 running .261 and I wonder if being logged in the Facebook Chat all the time would have an effect on my battery drainage?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 03:43 AM
    I've also been experiencing low battery life on my 9900 running .261 and I wonder if being logged in the Facebook Chat all the time would have an effect on my battery drainage?

Possibly as that means it's running in the background and FB is one of the worst apps for drainage.

I've set Ubersocial to close completely when I exit to see if that helps but I doubt it as I didn't have it set to refresh in the background.

Just spoken to Vodafone and they're sending me out a new battery to see if that's the problem. If not- I will have got a spare for free.....
    Last edited by BBFTW88; 08-23-11 at 06:02 AM.
    08-23-11 04:24 AM
    Ok I don't have this device for a few reasons but since the day it dropped I have been hearing rollercoaster stories about how some people can't get 8 hours and some people get a day and a half.

I post this because the people claiming they get insane battery life and are using it heavy turn out to only use it a couple of hours which kills people like me because if I was running os6 I would post up my daily usage and it's somewhere in the 7-8 hour range.

So here's the task.
    Post up a screenshot of your activity screen and please be honest here and tell us when it was off the charger and if you had wifi on for a part of that usage, Also post what os you are running

I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

I got my Sprint Bold 9930 Sunday and the battery life is very good, I have my device switched on to both 3G and wifi and having normal battery life, similar to my Curve 8330. Overall, loving my Bold 9930
    08-23-11 06:43 AM
    guys, why don't you just turn 2G on and keep wireless on and that's it, and take off any incompatible applications from the old OS6 and believe me you'll see a massive difference
    08-23-11 07:34 AM
    I've had enough....3 charges in one day and today I wake and my phone is completely dead. I am calling sprint Executive customer care today to complain about the price difference online and in store and I will be making a big stink about this battery issue, My HTC Evo lasted longer then this phone.
    08-23-11 08:11 AM
    guys, why don't you just turn 2G on and keep wireless on and that's it, and take off any incompatible applications from the old OS6 and believe me you'll see a massive difference
    2G on late 2011 device? And some CBers here actually mock at Android users who turn off GPS/Sync etc. to prolong battery life.
    howarmat likes this.
    08-23-11 08:19 AM
    I buy a device so that it helps and accomodates to my life, i dont think i should turn somthing on or off to accomodate to an object's functioning.
    08-23-11 08:24 AM
    2G on late 2011 device? And some CBers here actually mock at Android users who turn off GPS/Sync etc. to prolong battery life.

Just until they fix it in software update or anything .. or maybe a case
    maybe we are "touching" it the wrong way ..
    08-23-11 08:25 AM
    I buy a device so that it helps and accomodates to my life, i dont think i should turn somthing on or off to accomodate to an object's functioning.
    you are right i'm not arguing with you
    08-23-11 08:29 AM
    I'm ready to buy the 9900. It will be my first BlackBerry, but this thread is seriously worrying me.

How is the battery life compared to an iPhone 3GS?
    08-23-11 08:53 AM
    Here are my results from 12 hours of use yesterday. I took it off the charger at 7:00am and took the screens shots below just after 7:00pm. As you can see I till had 53% battery life remaining. I only had WiFi on for about 20 minutes in the morning at home but plan to test again with Kevin's theory and set up my office WiFi in Smart WiFi so it will be on at both work and home to see if I get better battery performance.

I also run Funambol Mobile Sync in the back ground but it is set to only sync every 8 hours. Obviously, SmartWiFi is running in the background as well.

08-23-11 09:10 AM
    I'm ready to buy the 9900. It will be my first BlackBerry, but this thread is seriously worrying me.

How is the battery life compared to an iPhone 3GS?
    I don't know how it compares to the iPhone 3GS battery life but I can tell you it has been about on par with my previous Storm2 9550. I though it would be better than the Storm with the smaller screen. I will say it still easily gets me through a day at work. Even the first few days when I was doing a lot of downloading of apps and during the typical "I can't put down my new toy" phase when I had much heavier usage I would have over 30% battery life when I went to bed around 11:00pm.
    Blade Runner IV likes this.
    08-23-11 09:15 AM
    After 12 hours+ yesterday, wi-fi on, NFC on, SS and Weatherberry polling every thirty minutes, a few calls and many texts, 75% battery left. I'm very happy with the battery life!
    08-23-11 10:33 AM
    33 hours so far after first charge - average use (for me!) WiFi on at work and at home, Bluetooth on in car, a few calls, several e-mails, BBMs, downloaded a few apps, taken a few pics and still showing 25% left. No complaints!
    08-23-11 10:33 AM
    33 hours so far after first charge - average use (for me!) WiFi on at work and at home, Bluetooth on in car, a few calls, several e-mails, BBMs, downloaded a few apps, taken a few pics and still showing 25% left. No complaints!
    Picture to show your usage possibly?
    08-23-11 10:42 AM
    After 12 hours+ yesterday, wi-fi on, NFC on, SS and Weatherberry polling every thirty minutes, a few calls and many texts, 75% battery left. I'm very happy with the battery life!
    What OS are you two running??
    08-23-11 10:45 AM
    I have a verizon 9930, loaded the latest leaked os onto it yesterday. Both the release verizon os, and the leak are coming in at about 5% drain per hour, under **light** usage.

I keep the googletalk client open all the time, and I chalk up my battery drain to that fact. The battery seems to be on par with the 9630 (Tour), that I just came from (which isn't saying much.)
    08-23-11 11:49 AM
    Attachment 92028

Screenshot attached - but only shows today's usage - I probably used it more yesterday. Software is .296, on o2 UK
    08-23-11 12:37 PM
    I'm running the leaked .340 OS for the 9930. I stripped out Social Feeds as well, as I think it's a tremendous battery drainer even if you're not using it. One thing I've noticed is that there seems to be an initial quick drain of 5-6% within the first 30 minutes or so coming off the charger, but the drain rate reduces after that into the 2-3%/hour rate.
    08-23-11 12:42 PM
    I'm running the leaked .340 OS for the 9930. I stripped out Social Feeds as well, as I think it's a tremendous battery drainer even if you're not using it. One thing I've noticed is that there seems to be an initial quick drain of 5-6% within the first 30 minutes or so coming off the charger, but the drain rate reduces after that into the 2-3%/hour rate.
    I took out the social feeds too, and some of the other new apps that I'll never use. I'm curious, do you use any of the native instant messenger clients?

thanks.
    08-23-11 12:43 PM
    7hrs off the charger.
    wifi on
    53% battery life
    i think having wifi on definitely makes a difference!
    with this type of usage i would have been dead by now, if i had wifi off.

08-23-11 03:29 PM
    what tool do you guys use to strip out features? Does it cause any problems elsewhere with cods stripped out?
    08-23-11 04:10 PM
    Here are my results from 12 hours of use yesterday. I took it off the charger at 7:00am and took the screens shots below just after 7:00pm. As you can see I till had 53% battery life remaining. I only had WiFi on for about 20 minutes in the morning at home but plan to test again with Kevin's theory and set up my office WiFi in Smart WiFi so it will be on at both work and home to see if I get better battery performance.

I also run Funambol Mobile Sync in the back ground but it is set to only sync every 8 hours. Obviously, SmartWiFi is running in the background as well.

Attachment 92028

Screenshot attached - but only shows today's usage - I probably used it more yesterday. Software is .296, on o2 UK
    you both are hardly using your device at all. the guy that was using it for 3 hours our of 7 is more in line with what most people are going to be demanding from device
    08-23-11 04:26 PM
    Yeah I use mine for probably an hour before I even leave my house.
    Silvia is getting killer battery life on hers with wifi.
    Has anyone else ran with wifi on and seen a difference like kevin stated?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-24-11 12:00 AM
274 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD