wow then thats really unheard of. try deleting the wifi profile off your phone and re setting it back up again
    09-16-11 11:28 AM
    Off the wall charger at 7AM. The screen was off during most of this time interval.

Attachment 93844

Attachment 93845

Attachment 93846
    09-19-11 12:49 AM
    I'm running .353 for week now. Battery life on 2G/EDGE is awesome and a bit better than the stock .296 my 9900 came with. I had it charged to 98% and after 71 hours it dropped below 10%. In that period of time I mainly used Whatsapp/BBM, received 10 e-mails (I'm not that important ) and browsed the web via WiFi (802.11n) for 45 mins.

However, on 3G it's not so good. After 25 hours it dropped below 10%. Based on what I'm reading in this thread I shouldn't be whining. I have the Japan/Indonesia battery.
    09-19-11 01:50 AM
    Yeah you shouldn't be complaining. People here are lucky to see a solid 8 hrs of medium use. Can you post a screenshot of your usage screen?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    09-20-11 11:33 PM
    Battery is great with minimum use. It creeps up to around 5-6% during my BBMing and Browsing. Dont make many calls so dont know much about that.

It should only get better, Im an optimist!
    09-21-11 03:03 AM
    Average 12 hours from full to flat .
    GSM 3G network
    09-21-11 03:21 AM
    Ok, so last night before I went to bed I had charged my 9930 fully using a old 9700 wall charger. On the battery status within the device status it showed 100% charge and on my BatteryWatch app it showed 99+ which is a full charge and exactly what you want after charging your battery. I removed it from the charger at approximately 9:30 PM and when I woke up for work today at approximately 6:30 AM, my phone still showed 99+ charge. I had my wifi connected all night and it was running Sprint's 3G network. I never used it at all and it was locked and in sleep/standby mode all night. I have done this many times before and my phone always dropped atleast a few percent in charge and just wanted to see if anyone has seen this or has any reason why my phone stayed at the same charge for almost 9 hours.
    09-21-11 08:57 AM
    That happens to me to and what I find is it drops off extremely fast when put under a load. Ill not touch my phones some days for 9 hrs and it will still be full but once it takes a kick in the face like a bbm long convo or a phone call it tanks quicker than normal. If I leave my phone for a long time I do a battery pull and that gives me a correct reading on the battery.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    09-21-11 02:05 PM
    Today I am experimenting by using 2G only. I know I shouldn't have to, but I'm intrigues to know whether it does actually make any difference to battery life
    09-22-11 03:03 AM
    Today I am experimenting by using 2G only. I know I shouldn't have to, but I'm intrigues to know whether it does actually make any difference to battery life
    ... set it to the most stable (best) signal/network in your area whatever it may be, only then you'll save your battery life...
    09-22-11 04:29 AM
    I took my phone off charge at 12:00, 60% at 00:00.

Wifi was on for 12 hours and little Bluetooth use.

I'm on .296 UK Vodafone.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, it is my first full day of having the phone. So maybe the battery still needs to settle in.

Click to view quoted image
    What app is this screen shot from?
    09-22-11 08:22 AM
    TBF, it does seem to be making a difference. I unplugged at 7.50am it's now 3.50pm and I'm sitting at 73%. I would usually be at around 45% now, plugging back in to give me a little extra juice to see me through till bed.

I'm constantly connected to 'EDGE' and it doesn't seem to be too much different to 3G so may just stick to this.
    09-22-11 09:19 AM
    Got great battery life tonight at work. Took it off the charger around 9pm. And now at 7am its at 70%. Had 2 brief phone calls, a couple text messages, some internet browsing, facebook and about 5-6 hours listening to music. Best battery life I've had so far with the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-11 09:28 AM
    Just got mine yesterday thru Voda in the UK

Charged it up last night, unplugged it at 8:40am

Screen brightness 10%
    Screen timeout 10 seconds
    3G network

Refreshed FB once, didnt touch it at all (no bbm, no whatsapp or emails or calls)

10AM its now down to 86%, at a 9.4% discharge rate

**** yeah!

To be fair, I do have pretty weak signal over here, i'll test it out on a 2G only network later on after I recharge again.

I also installed the SK telecom .353 sw thinking it would be better than the stock .296
    09-24-11 04:09 AM
    I can only get 6 hrs if my wifi on and if played with the phone for ab 30 min. But if wifi is off and i dont touch the phone at all ill get 7 to 7.5 hrs... Yesterday i played on my 9900 for about 2 hrs after fully charging, no wifi and only app running is browser. I got only 4 hrs of battery use...... WOW thanks BB for great battery on a 600$ phone
    09-24-11 04:38 PM
    All of this being said, overall, would ya'll switch your 9900 for an 9810 for example ? i bought the 9900, the phone is awesome but the battery life is just insane even though i wiped data and restarted the software...I had the 9800 so im used to it but i dont know if it would be a good idea to back to torch pr it will be the same
    09-25-11 02:25 AM
    All of this being said, overall, would ya'll switch your 9900 for an 9810 for example ? i bought the 9900, the phone is awesome but the battery life is just insane even though i wiped data and restarted the software...I had the 9800 so im used to it but i dont know if it would be a good idea to back to torch pr it will be the same
    I wouldn't,
    I've used the 9780, 9800 (not 9810), and this form factor of the 9900 definitely blows the other two out of the water, there's no way I'm going back, even with the bad battery and fixed camera.

I absolutely love the touchscreen on a physical keyboard without having to slide open the phone
    09-25-11 03:14 AM
    The battery avg discharge when I'm idle on 3G is 5.8%. When I connect to 2G, the average discharge drops to less than 2%. I really hope that this is just a baseband issue that would be resolved in the next few releases.
    09-25-11 05:12 AM
    My discharge rate is directly proportional to the apps I have running in the background. I've tried dropping the 9900 down to 2G - and it helped a little but not enough to warrant forgoing 3G data.

I'm just keeping an eye on apps. And making sure I shut down things like FourSquare in the background.

I looked at the usage just now, and it's 1.9% per hour with 46 hours 4 minutes remaining. Obviously that's not going to happen, but it looks good.
    09-25-11 06:16 AM
    Well it's actually an awful lot worse than i thought- I'm a heavy user - receiving 6-10 texts an hour, and sending quite a few bbm's and whatsapps. Last Friday, being out and about all day with only maybe 30 minutes of talk time- the battery lasted only 5 1/2 hours before the phone turned itself off .
    I leave my phone on charge overnight. but this is soo bad, I've ordered a spare battery to carry around..
    09-26-11 03:17 AM
    Wayne I don't think that's terrible I was getting 6hrs from IPHONE4

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 03:51 AM
    I am getting more or less the same battery life like 9300, with same usage pattern.
    The big "problem" is I use this phone much much more.
    Aware about 3G/H+ problem, and hope it will be fixed with later upgrade.
    09-26-11 09:15 PM
    Personally, I noticed the biggest battery drain for me is signal strength.

I spend half my week in an area with FULL bars and the other half in an area w/ none or one bar.

When I am in good coverage, my battery drops down to 50 after a full day while in an area w/ poor coverage, my battery dies much, much faster.
    09-26-11 10:51 PM
    hello.. and so I was exploring my 9900 blackberry a little bit while blasting songs on it.. I came across some option that could adjust my music player volume to whatever I want as maximum..

I set the volume to around 70%.. however, now I dont know where this option is.. I think its like a hearing limit sort of option.. My ringtone plays loud, but my music player is stuck where I set it -_-" .. i tried looking for 5 hours already.. n my brains are cracking.. i cant take it anymore.. so i reached out here for help..

i also tried restoring the factory default but it doesnt workkk -_-" !!!!!!!

basically my device volume is on max but the music volume is what I set it as.. Have u guys come across this option as well? or am i hallucinating? lol its like an itouch
    09-26-11 11:06 PM
    The battery avg discharge when I'm idle on 3G is 5.8%. When I connect to 2G, the average discharge drops to less than 2%. I really hope that this is just a baseband issue that would be resolved in the next few releases.
    The Qualcomm chips don't have a good track record for battery life.. My 9780 had a 2% discharge with 3G..

What would be great is an auto switch to 2G when the screen goes off. I don't care about 3G when my phone idle.
    09-27-11 06:22 AM
274 ... 891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD