The Qualcomm chips don't have a good track record for battery life.. My 9780 had a 2% discharge with 3G..

What would be great is an auto switch to 2G when the screen goes off. I don't care about 3G when my phone idle.
    The app exists but hasn't been upgraded to OS7 yet:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/38951

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-11 06:34 AM
    The app exists but hasn't been upgraded to OS7 yet:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/38951

No word about switching when the screen goes off. For now i'll stick to 2G with WIFI.

09-27-11 06:51 AM
    No word about switching when the screen goes off. For now i'll stick to 2G with WIFI.

As far as I can remember you can set an iddle interval, you don't want your phone switching every time the light goes off. Also you can set it by battery percentage.

lostOzone likes this.
    09-27-11 07:22 AM
    Ok I'll try it when it's updated.
    09-27-11 07:37 AM
    had problem before with facebookchat open, 4% discharge...

but now I am between 1.5-2% discharge per hour. I have light usage, almost no phone calls but posting on social media, checking out new programs, light browsing, rss reading and so on...

after 50 hours uptime (straight) I have 20% battery left.

2G, 3G, 2G + 3G... all the same, no effect (good reception in the area, full bars), I turned the GPS off, WiFi is on all the time, BT and NFC is off, screen brightness 10-50% with auto dimming ON.

A fair day of usage should not be a problem if there is no chat app running in the background... My social media polls allthe time from facebook and twitter... 30 mins interval...

OS is 353
    09-27-11 10:27 PM
    easy 2 days.....using the SK353 version , the leaked version wasn't that good.
    GPS is off.
    WiFi always on
    3G + 2G on
    Light 10%
    Screen 30 sec

now the thing i dont know if the 353 or uninstalling Whatsapp gave me this big increase of Battery .....but it works and whatsapp is a pain in the a** anyway.....

i am more then satisfied now with my 9900
    09-28-11 01:23 AM
    My discharge rate below.... More than 10%.... It was better but it's gettin' worse every day. Today I stopped charging at 5:30. It's 14:30 and I had tocharge my BB again cause it was about to die.... This is tragedy. I don't know if I want to keep 9900....

GPS off
    FB logged out
    Wi-fi off
    WhatsApp uninstalled
    what software are you running if 353 is it the SK official release or the leaked version .
    09-29-11 05:30 AM
    Well it's actually an awful lot worse than i thought- I'm a heavy user - receiving 6-10 texts an hour, and sending quite a few bbm's and whatsapps. Last Friday, being out and about all day with only maybe 30 minutes of talk time- the battery lasted only 5 1/2 hours before the phone turned itself off .
    I leave my phone on charge overnight. but this is soo bad, I've ordered a spare battery to carry around..

Interesting, I bought the replacement JM1 and the battery life is much better. I'd feel confident about going out for a day and using it as much as normal without my earlier issue.
    The battery that came with the phone was made in Japan, the (good) extra battery from Amazon is made in China...
    09-29-11 06:20 AM
    I got some problems with TapaTalk so I doubled my post

I am running 353 leaked

Last edited by Strus; 09-29-11 at 02:53 PM.
    09-29-11 08:40 AM
    switch to the SK version ......i have done this as well and now i am running 2 days, before with the leaked version no changes to previous upgrades.....the full version of 353 has nothing to do with the leaded version , it is really much better

LINK
    09-29-11 04:28 PM
    Better battery life on .353 (leak) was on .126 (stock)
    09-29-11 08:06 PM

I had to charge it twice today !!!! This sucks. I will try official 353 but if this will be the same I will propably get rid of 9900. Cause od battery it's just simply unusable.
    09-30-11 04:33 PM
    While checking my disappointing battery life I was checking my usage in Application Management and was going to send in a screen shot but noted that as I scrolled down there were apps listed that were noted as "not used". So correspondingly, am I to assume the others were apps that were running? It can't be only apps used, because most listed had never been opened by me. Are these hidden running apps? it's got to effect my battery draw. Some listed were core apps like memopad, setup, media...etc. But others listed weren't, like Amazon music store, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, none of which I've ever used.
    The question is, how do I close these apps when they don't show up in " switch application" ? Launch and close? Advice would be appreciated. I've got to get more battery life out of this 9930. Thanks
    10-01-11 01:07 AM

I had to charge it twice today !!!! This sucks. I will try official 353 but if this will be the same I will propably get rid of 9900. Cause od battery it's just simply unusable.
    Yup I have a friend that has to do that also. Bbms alot so charges at lunch and then at the end of the work day to last till bedtime.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    10-03-11 08:23 AM
    My battery has been MUCH better since my replacement!

made in Korea/China instead of Japan/Mexico..

here are the screen shots.. been browsing a lot this morning about 20mins straight trying to look up stuff for the car

this was the usage yesterday.. over 14 hours and i put it back on the charger with 63% left
    10-03-11 10:14 AM
    running: .241
    Off charger: 8:03am
    below is my usage at 3:25pm.
    Battery was at 1% at this point.
    wifi was off, bluetooth was off.

Im on Sprint and apparently I am data roaming and using 1X service... which is apparently NOT 3G either... not really sure. I called Sprint and they said it was because the 3G cell tower is down at the moment but will fix it in 48-72 hours or so.

What apps are you guys using to conserve your battery?
    11-08-11 12:46 AM
    running: .241
    Off charger: 8:03am
    below is my usage at 3:25pm.
    Battery was at 1% at this point.
    wifi was off, bluetooth was off.

Click to view quoted image

Im on Sprint and apparently I am data roaming and using 1X service... which is apparently NOT 3G either... not really sure. I called Sprint and they said it was because the 3G cell tower is down at the moment but will fix it in 48-72 hours or so.

What apps are you guys using to conserve your battery?
    Yeah, when you're on 1X it means you're not getting full data service so battery drain will be much higher than if it read 3G.
    11-08-11 08:44 AM
    I thought it was better to switch to 1XEV, not 3G. My phone has been on 1X, but it still says 3G on the homescreen.
    11-08-11 02:30 PM
    I thought it was better to switch to 1XEV, not 3G. My phone has been on 1X, but it still says 3G on the homescreen.
    I believe 1XEV is in fact 3G. If your homescreen says 3G, where does it say you're on 1X?
    11-08-11 02:52 PM
    Unplugged at 8am now its 4pm with 65% left = 4.375% per hour

Have not charged it so far today.

Moderate use in term of actual physical use of the phone - BBM, IM, check and reply to emails, have been using bridge browser on the playbook streaming video for the past 2 hours.

On the latest OS - 7.0.0.474

Always stays in the OEM case sleeping - 3G on, GPS on, WiFi off, bluetooth on, NFC off, screen 10% brightness, 20sec time out.
    Last edited by gwanstarr; 11-08-11 at 03:18 PM.
    11-08-11 03:10 PM
    In Mobile Network Settings by Network Slection Mode I chose Home Only, and by Network Technology I chose 1XEV. It says 3G on the home screen though.
    11-08-11 03:35 PM
    In Mobile Network Settings by Network Slection Mode I chose Home Only, and by Network Technology I chose 1XEV. It says 3G on the home screen though.

1xEV is CDMA 3G. 1x is 2.5G (equivalent to EDGE on GSM)
    11-08-11 06:59 PM
    Here is a screen grab taken right after using BerryReader. This app has always killed my battery on the 9930. Not sure why. The phone gets warm too.

I know the browser gets used & it downloads feeds but killing 15% of your battery is pretty bad.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-09-11 03:12 PM
    Looks like Tapatalk didn't load the images on the last post. Here they are.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-09-11 04:19 PM
274 ... 91011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD