Have had wifi on all day (was at school from 6am-1pm NOT connected to wifi, but the wifi setting still on, some of the browsing was done there, some was done on wifi at my house)

Battery currently at 58%

6am - 6pm and almost 60% battery life, I'm not complaining!

OS .340 by the way

08-31-11 04:56 PM
    After having very good battery life today it was very disappointing.

I thought it was the blackberry bridge with the paybook. Even if this uses a lot of battery I realized the problem is the facebook application. Even it was to refresh every hour as soon as I completely close it the battery improved.

I think this application has a problem, maybe it is the chat functionality.
    08-31-11 05:15 PM
    What app do I need to see this breakdown?

Thanks.
    08-31-11 06:58 PM
    it is built into the settings of the phone.
    go to Options- device- application management then scroll to the right.
    Blade Runner IV likes this.
    08-31-11 08:26 PM
    While I'm not doubting that there exists bad batteries, what I have noticed is that with Google Maps open in the background that my battery life drips like a waterfall throughout the day. Meterberry reports close to 10% drain per hour... Exiting out of Google Maps actually dropped that drain to under 4%...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 01:16 PM
    I'm generally seeing about 4-5% drain per hour, on almost no usage. This is with googletalk open in the background all the time.

As soon as I start using the phone for almost anything, the usage just skyrockets.

I'm wondering how much this has to do with the CDMA radio... Maybe the metal band around the phone really does reduce antenna performance, requiring more battery usage.
    09-01-11 01:38 PM
    bottom line is battery life sucks and too many people here drinking rim koolaid to admit it. Otherwise why would we have a 10+ page thread about at it with no end?
    09-01-11 01:45 PM
    it is built into the settings of the phone.
    go to Options- device- application management then scroll to the right.
    thanks bro
    09-01-11 02:16 PM
    Just wondering if the people here with the bad battery life have some sort of GPS app running? My battery was literally dripping like a waterfall with Google Maps left on in the background. Exiting out of that app calmed things down a bit.
    09-01-11 02:26 PM
    As I mentioned in a post before I had very good battery life until yesterday. My first conclusion was that Facebook was draining the battery and probably it was. However this does not explain the change I have experience in the battery life.

This morning I started to have problems again, without applications running. I had a look to the settings and the only difference with the days before was that I switched off the wifi as I do not have in the office. I do not know why I decided to switch it on again and the battery drain improved!!

It seems crazy that being in a place without wifi have it on improved the battery life. I guess this is a bug but try to leave it all the time on and you will see the difference.
    09-01-11 04:26 PM
    I wonder if this is the case when the wi-fi signal is weak as well?

09-01-11 04:48 PM
    Plug in over night. Woke up @2:30 (bad dream). Played with 9930 (unplugged) till 4:30. Got up @7:00. Left in pouch till about 10 while I showered ate and stuff. Heavy use till %25@2pm. Plugged in took till 4ish to fully charge...my day: BatteryWatch (free AppWorld)

09-01-11 05:27 PM
    I took my phone off charge at 12:00, 60% at 00:00.

Wifi was on for 12 hours and little Bluetooth use.

I'm on .296 UK Vodafone.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, it is my first full day of having the phone. So maybe the battery still needs to settle in.

Last edited by Blade Runner IV; 09-01-11 at 06:28 PM.
    09-01-11 06:18 PM
    So far today after one day of charging, not good! I let it go all the way to yellow and then recharged tonight. We'll see how well it stays. Can't lose battery this fast otherwise it will be back to 9780.
    09-01-11 08:32 PM
    thanks bro
    Your welcome.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    09-04-11 05:34 AM
    So far today after one day of charging, not good! I let it go all the way to yellow and then recharged tonight. We'll see how well it stays. Can't lose battery this fast otherwise it will be back to 9780.
    I have heard great battery stories from the 97xx series. No way with this device will you get the same battery life unfortunately. Especially with medium to heavy use. I know people that got 3 days from a 9700 charge. That's nuts.
    I'm using the 9650 right now and on a regular battery I am dead in the water half way through the day but on my seidio 2600 I can beat the crap out of the phone all day and still come home with a ton of life left.

09-04-11 05:38 AM
    I took my phone off charge at 12:00, 60% at 00:00.

Wifi was on for 12 hours and little Bluetooth use.

I'm on .296 UK Vodafone.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, it is my first full day of having the phone. So maybe the battery still needs to settle in.

wow wifi really helped you. great battery life!
    09-05-11 08:32 PM
    Here's my stats with the 9900. The battery life isn't the best. 10% left after about 12hrs without a single call.
    I left Wifi on pretty much the whole day, with very minimum connections made. I always leave Wifi on, with or without coverage.
    BBOS 7.0.0.261
    Battery made in Japan and further handled in Indonesia.

Last edited by donzash; 09-06-11 at 05:09 AM.
    09-06-11 05:03 AM
    Took my phone off charge yesterday night at 23:50

Tonight at 21:35 it was 10%

Here is app usage screenshot, which refreshed at roughly 02:00(AM), by the way does anyone know to change the time this screen refreshes at for day of use?

09-07-11 03:50 PM
    My usage screen. I guess I am quite a light user. I'm on 2G all day because I don't need fast internet, switch to 3G or Wifi when I do. I've been taking all the measures they said to take on here, because I hate it when my phone runs out of juice halfway through the day...

As for today... been about 48h now without a charger (couldn't get a usage screen of that) battery is at 35%.
    I can't really find where its made and all though.. But I've only charged it 3x since I bought it and got it last friday.
    09-07-11 04:08 PM
    Nice screenshots. I'm surprised seidio hasn't made a battery for this phone. It would be widely bought.

09-07-11 11:16 PM
    My battery life so far I think has been better than my 9650. I am happy with it!
    09-07-11 11:22 PM
    Not quite sure how being connected to wifi saves battery for you guys.

I downloaded smart wifi for my 9900 so it connects me automatically when I'm at home but when I am, my battery takes an absolute pounding!
    09-11-11 03:49 PM
    Not quite sure how being connected to wifi saves battery for you guys.

I downloaded smart wifi for my 9900 so it connects me automatically when I'm at home but when I am, my battery takes an absolute pounding!
    Mainly because wifi helps with keeping the radio from searching around for the best signal. Are you in good wifi range? If your wifi is spotty then it will do more harm then good by switching back and forth between 3G and wifi.

09-15-11 10:28 PM
    Mainly because wifi helps with keeping the radio from searching around for the best signal. Are you in good wifi range? If your wifi is spotty then it will do more harm then good by switching back and forth between 3G and wifi.

Yes, I am never more than 10 meters away from my router
    09-16-11 02:18 AM
274 ... 7891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD