Ok I don't have this device for a few reasons but since the day it dropped I have been hearing rollercoaster stories about how some people can't get 8 hours and some people get a day and a half.

I post this because the people claiming they get insane battery life and are using it heavy turn out to only use it a couple of hours which kills people like me because if I was running os6 I would post up my daily usage and it's somewhere in the 7-8 hour range.

So here's the task.
    Post up a screenshot of your activity screen and please be honest here and tell us when it was off the charger and if you had wifi on for a part of that usage, Also post what os you are running

I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by eve6er69; 08-21-11 at 08:57 AM.
    08-21-11 08:54 AM
    7% average discharge here on light usage

10 - 12% discharge rate on heavy usage

This is on OS 317

With OS 295 it went up to 17% on heavy usage

This battery sucks, I hope thats RIM's claims that this phone has better battery usage in future builds gets fixed
    08-21-11 09:17 AM
    running os .296 (vfuk)

only have six tools, rollercoaster 3d, twitter, facebook, wikitude, angry farm and snappy installed.

took off charge yesterday at 9am, at 4am this morning (19 hours) battery level was at 51%, admittedly was medium to light use as a weekend.
    08-21-11 09:21 AM
    post up the screenshot guys. thats what im trying to get across in this thread. you two are polar opposites with usage and have different stories.
    08-21-11 09:31 AM
    post up the screenshot guys. thats what im trying to get across in this thread. you two are polar opposites with usage and have different stories.
    Can't be bothered, sorry, the battery sucks, end of the story
    08-21-11 09:35 AM
    posting a screenshot is useless for me as i stated my useage was from 9am to 4am the next morning, so `yesterday` or `today` settings wouldnt give the correct reading. as it would need to be from 9am yesterday to 4am today to reflect correctly.
    08-21-11 09:39 AM
    Can't be bothered, sorry, the battery sucks, end of the story
    ignored 10 characters
    08-21-11 09:41 AM
    posting a screenshot is useless for me as i stated my useage was from 9am to 4am the next morning, so `yesterday` or `today` settings wouldnt give the correct reading. as it would need to be from 9am yesterday to 4am today to reflect correctly.
    yes but a screenshot shows what apps you used and how long you were on the device. maybe if we all had screenshots up we can see whats causing the battery to be better or worse especially if it is app driven
    08-21-11 09:44 AM
    If this helps I had terrible usage until I reloaded the software. First day was a nightmare for me with this phone but now with very heavy usage I get 10 hours a day and like I said very heavy usage. You have to remember apps running in the background can drain the battery very fast and I keep them at a mimium.

08-21-11 09:46 AM
    yes but a screenshot shows what apps you used and how long you were on the device. maybe if we all had screenshots up we can see whats causing the battery to be better or worse especially if it is app driven
    you are missing my point, if the screenshot encapsulated ONLY the useage i defined, then yes it would be worthwhile, however 9am to 4am the next day isnt a showable value, hence its pointless.
    08-21-11 09:47 AM
    I get what your saying, I am talking about the other people that don't get more than 6-8hrs of use or you can put up the 2 days of use.
    Whatever, if you don't want to participate that's fine. Lol

08-21-11 10:33 AM
    He's asking for screen shots of your usage page. How hard is that? did you guys forget how to read?

here's mine:

running: .254
    Off charger: 7am
    below is my usage at 1pm
    Battery was at 33% at this point.
    wifi was off

Last edited by silvia8787; 08-21-11 at 11:39 AM.
    08-21-11 11:36 AM
    Ok I don't have this device for a few reasons but since the day it dropped I have been hearing rollercoaster stories about how some people can't get 8 hours and some people get a day and a half.

I post this because the people claiming they get insane battery life and are using it heavy turn out to only use it a couple of hours which kills people like me because if I was running os6 I would post up my daily usage and it's somewhere in the 7-8 hour range.

So here's the task.
    Post up a screenshot of your activity screen and please be honest here and tell us when it was off the charger and if you had wifi on for a part of that usage, Also post what os you are running

I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

Yesterday I went back to the store that I turned in my seed device to and picked it up again....
    ...Only this time I had them wipe it and had my number forwarded to it.
    ...I also set up my two push email accounts and a pop 3.

I took it off the charger around 4pm and did the above and just tossed it next to my bed....
    ...It's now 9:45 am here in Seattle and the battery bar shows an easy 80 to 85% life left.

I'm on Sprint and do have full reception showing on the device.
    08-21-11 11:46 AM
    My 9650 would be close to dead at 2:00 about 10% battery left. My 9930 will go all day so far. i will further test it this week. it has to be better in battery because i now spend less time on it because i don't have to wait forever for something to happen when i hit a button. imagine going and switching off wifi and blue tooth in 3 seconds. it look the 9650 30 seconds and then some to get it done. Than is just the tip of he iceburg.
    08-21-11 01:49 PM
    Sounds like your 9650 had some issues. It only takes my 9650 3 seconds to turn my wifi and bluetooth off.
    A healthy wipe and reload every 6months keeps it running as smooth as the day you got it.

08-21-11 01:57 PM
    I hit 24 hours almost 30 minutes ago & the battery now reads 45% remaining charge...
    ...So far I'm very impressed as I took the phone off the charger yesterday at around 4pm.

I've had approximately 30 minutes total talk time and did some updates to BBM and some texting as well...
    ...I'm just using what the phone came with - 7.0.0 Bundle 1296.
    08-21-11 06:35 PM
    After I updated to the leaked .340, its been much better for me.
    08-21-11 07:07 PM
    So your a very light user?

I hit 24 hours almost 30 minutes ago & the battery now reads 45% remaining charge...
    ...So far I'm very impressed as I took the phone off the charger yesterday at around 4pm.

I've had approximately 30 minutes total talk time and did some updates to BBM and some texting as well...
    ...I'm just using what the phone came with - 7.0.0 Bundle 1296.
    08-21-11 07:51 PM
    Last night I unplugged my phone from the charger at 6pm. I did nothing on it (didn't even turn the screen on) until 7am this morning and overnight by doing nothing I lost 45% of the battery. With minor use through the rest of the day (2 bbm messages and checking Facebook the odd time) the battery died at 4pm.

So to recap, almost no usage at all and dead in 22hrs. When I first got the device on the 12th the battery was adequate, it has since turned to mush.

Of note, the wifi was not on for the last few days. I'm starting to wonder if using 3G/4g at home instead of wifi is actually hurting my battery instead of helping it, but that makes no sense to me.

Other than that I love the phone, but the battery is killing me right now. Also, I'm using the stock .296, no leaked versions.
    08-21-11 08:07 PM
    I have repeatedly tried .261/.296/.317. Doesn't seem to be any difference between any of them regarding battery life. I'm thinking that this is what it's going to be from here on in...regardless of OS version.
    08-21-11 08:13 PM
    I have repeatedly tried .261/.296/.317. Doesn't seem to be any difference between any of them regarding battery life. I'm thinking that this is what it's going to be from here on in...regardless of OS version.
    I really hope not.
    08-21-11 08:16 PM
    I've just hit 29.5 hours "on one charge" at a moderate to light use.....
    ...The indicator has been at 5% for the last 20 minutes so something seems odd with that.
    08-21-11 11:26 PM
    Wow that's nuts. I've had those days where my battery drops suddenly for a period of time but damn that's a lot.

Last night I unplugged my phone from the charger at 6pm. I did nothing on it (didn't even turn the screen on) until 7am this morning and overnight by doing nothing I lost 45% of the battery. With minor use through the rest of the day (2 bbm messages and checking Facebook the odd time) the battery died at 4pm.

So to recap, almost no usage at all and dead in 22hrs. When I first got the device on the 12th the battery was adequate, it has since turned to mush.

Of note, the wifi was not on for the last few days. I'm starting to wonder if using 3G/4g at home instead of wifi is actually hurting my battery instead of helping it, but that makes no sense to me.

Other than that I love the phone, but the battery is killing me right now. Also, I'm using the stock .296, no leaked versions.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-21-11 11:56 PM
    So anybody else aside from silvia going to post their screenshots of the usage screen? Or is this just going to turn into yet another battery thread.

08-21-11 11:57 PM
    So anybody else aside from silvia going to post their screenshots of the usage screen? Or is this just going to turn into yet another battery thread.

I just unplugged my device after charging all night and used Appworld to download the screenshot app. As you can see, the phone has been used for all of 4 minutes....and the battery is down to 95% already.
    08-22-11 04:56 AM
274 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD