I just go the new 9930 from Verizon. I love this phone, but I am having a problem with call/sound quality. People I speak with say I sound very loud and clear, but that there is a very high amount of background noise. Is this a general problem with this phone? I have not seen this discussed much in the forums, but I did read about it on one of the online reviews (BlackBerry Bold 9930 Written Review by Aaron | PhoneDog). Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything I can do to mitigate it?
    09-12-11 11:16 AM
    same. i've noticed this, too. sometimes it sounds as if the person on the other line is far away from the phone in a large room, when i know they're sitting on the couch in a silent room...I am an audio engineer and i can tell you that i am not just hearing air conditioning hum, it's a very muffled, reverberated and large sounding space that i sometimes feel the other person is sitting in...I have noticed a large amount of sometimes static or (i say) "sounds windy over there", when i know theyre lying in bed about to go to sleep....
    09-12-11 11:25 AM
    I also have the same issue and my wife does as well.
    09-12-11 01:09 PM
    definitely an issue..me and my girlfriend experience it while talking to each other on our 9930's...unfortunate that no one else has shared their experience
    09-13-11 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD