@rdef

ouch that would be painful. glad that never happened to my torch.
    08-12-11 10:55 PM
    same bug is happening on my 9900. haven't tried a battery pull yet cause im still installing things and playing around with it but will do that sometime soon. i've found that the bug happens when pulling the phone out of holster but only when you put it into holster WITHOUT locking screen. if you lock the screen with the button on top, put in holster, pull out of holster, then the back button works as expected. strange.
    I don't have that problem... Which OS are you using?
    08-13-11 05:42 AM
    Wow, I thought this "back button app switcher" bug was a configuration option... I've been going through every setup menu looking for some way to change this, talk about anoying!!

There's a reason iPhones only have one stinking button, the ability to go back is USED OFTEN!! Felt like I was driving a car without brakes!! I hope this is holster related, but it still shouldn't be happening on a brand new phone...

**PS: Hard reboot fixed the problem.
    Last edited by BambooBonzai; 08-13-11 at 08:56 PM.
    08-13-11 08:46 PM
    Amazing isn't it? Carriers hold back phone releases in order to carry out "extensive tests" so they won't have any problems. Then within days of release people are reporting really glaring, obvious bugs that would have been caught if such "extensive tests" were really carried out. It's been the same s*** with every phone I've ever had.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-11 08:56 PM
    When in doubt always pull it out...
    Which is why i'm sticking with the iphone RIM is finished.
    08-13-11 09:35 PM
    I am having this problem also, and actually posted about it on Rogers release day. I re-loaded OS and the problem still exists...only when removing from holster though. Funny enough, Telus users on their 9900 do not experience this at all and are using same OS. Appears to be just Rogers. I don't get it. The store is offering a replacement when they finally get more stock in, but doesn't look like that will solve this problem.
    08-14-11 12:47 AM
    It's happened once for me today and it was when I pulled it out of the holster. I was getting confused after pushing the button a couple times thinking I wasn't doing something right. Hope it's just a software bug and a patch update will fix it.
    08-14-11 01:14 AM
    same bug is happening on my 9900. haven't tried a battery pull yet cause im still installing things and playing around with it but will do that sometime soon. i've found that the bug happens when pulling the phone out of holster but only when you put it into holster WITHOUT locking screen. if you lock the screen with the button on top, put in holster, pull out of holster, then the back button works as expected. strange.
    Agreed... definitely a bug that needs to be fixed. I'll try to remember locking the screen before holstering my phone. Glad it wasn't just me. Also its not just Rogers. I am having the same problem on Virgin
    08-14-11 01:14 AM
    The holster has a magnetic latch that, correct me if I'm wrong, unlocks or locks the phone. Could this be the problem.
    08-14-11 01:15 AM
    Since I loaded up the Vodafone DE OS version posted as a sticky on top of this forum I have not had one single problem with it
    08-15-11 08:39 AM
    Since I loaded up the Vodafone DE OS version posted as a sticky on top of this forum I have not had one single problem with it
    Exactly, that was posted on page one or two.

I think people would rather complain than upgrade to fix the problem!
    08-15-11 09:44 AM
    ^ I understand. I came from an HTC Thunderbolt. Where every other week I was installing a custom ROM, a new OS version, etc. etc. for better battery life, less rebooting...I came back to a BB so that I wouldn't need to do it.

By the way, the lock/unlock button seems to clear the issue for me. It's not frustrating - because I did buy it the day it came out (and all phones have such issues). But I don't think we love complaining about it. I shouldn't have to download Vodafone's OS to get it to work. Verizon should issue a patch (I'll be patient and wait of course).
    08-19-11 01:39 PM
    For now, just press the power button to off on the very top of the phone then use the same button to turn it back on. Thats what I did and it's fine now. I heard an update will fix this soon. Hope it helps.
    08-19-11 01:46 PM
    For now, just press the power button to off on the very top of the phone then use the same button to turn it back on. Thats what I did and it's fine now. I heard an update will fix this soon. Hope it helps.
    FYI, that's the keyboard/screen lock, not a power button
    08-19-11 03:02 PM
    does anyone else find keyboard also noisy to type on?
    Yes, I do.
    08-19-11 03:34 PM
    Had the same issue and upgraded the software to .317 and the issue is gone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 04:07 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD