08-19-11 04:07 PM
41 12
tools
    Ok, so I have my new Bold, using it since 10:30 and all of a sudden after many re-boots while installing stuff I notice that when I use the "Back" button it just opens up a list of open apps to choose from kinda like when you use Alt-Tab on the computer.

In order to close the window I'm in I need to hit menu then close, I can't find a way to change this.

Anyone have any advice?
    08-10-11 11:32 AM
    Is your alt key stuck?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-11 11:50 AM
    Nope, the Alt key's are not stuck.
    08-10-11 11:56 AM
    In the Manual, it says the Escape key should:
    • Return to the previous screen.
    • Close the menu.

It doesn't do either which is the annoying part, if I'm in a menu I can't use the escape button to get out of it, I need to hit the menu button then close :S

**Update**
    I removed the battery, rebooted, now it works as expected, weird.
    08-10-11 12:18 PM
    When in doubt always pull it out...
    bonezdmw, Qbunto, noTh1ng and 5 others like this.
    08-10-11 01:20 PM
    This happened to me once on my Bold 9000. Took 2 reboots to get it back to normal. How odd.
    08-10-11 01:21 PM
    Lol. Naughty.
    08-10-11 01:22 PM
    A mantra that served me well in my college days
    andy957 likes this.
    08-10-11 02:03 PM
    This happened to me once on my Bold 9000. Took 2 reboots to get it back to normal. How odd.
    WAs going to say...lol 3 9000's that were in the family (when it was released) all experienced this. A battery pull or 2 fixed the issue.
    08-10-11 02:19 PM
    Ok, so I noticed it did this a few more times, every time it's when I take it out of the holster. Then I put it back in and take it out (sometimes once, sometimes a couple of times) and it's back to normal, VERY weird.
    08-10-11 07:49 PM
    have the same issue...thinking it's a software bug. but not sure. does anyone else find keyboard also noisy to type on?

08-10-11 09:37 PM
    have the same issue...thinking it's a software bug. but not sure. does anyone else find keyboard also noisy to type on?

Yeah, it reminds me of when my wife types on her Curve. I find my optical touchpad makes a funky click noise but nothing crazy to worry about.

I hope there's a fix or a don't do "this" or else the Escape button won't work as usual cuz it's a bit annoying.
    08-10-11 09:47 PM
    same bug is happening on my 9900. haven't tried a battery pull yet cause im still installing things and playing around with it but will do that sometime soon. i've found that the bug happens when pulling the phone out of holster but only when you put it into holster WITHOUT locking screen. if you lock the screen with the button on top, put in holster, pull out of holster, then the back button works as expected. strange.
    tedesco likes this.
    08-11-11 11:41 AM
    same bug is happening on my 9900. haven't tried a battery pull yet cause im still installing things and playing around with it but will do that sometime soon. i've found that the bug happens when pulling the phone out of holster but only when you put it into holster WITHOUT locking screen. if you lock the screen with the button on top, put in holster, pull out of holster, then the back button works as expected. strange.
    Yeah, it's annoying to have to lock it first though.

I just don't get what about putting it in the holster is doing this, very weird. I hope there's a fix soon.
    08-11-11 12:39 PM
    take it 'back' so the store.
    #bad jokes
    08-11-11 12:44 PM
    Yeah, it's annoying to have to lock it first though.

I just don't get what about putting it in the holster is doing this, very weird. I hope there's a fix soon.
    Agreed, is terribly annoying. For now I've put my holster aside.

Have you come across the other bug I just posted about? The notification area isn't showing my sms.

Unless my 9900 spontaneously combusts I'm not taking it back to the store.
    08-11-11 04:39 PM
    having the same problem with mine. But like everybody else after a battery pull it seems to be working now. This is really weird.
    08-11-11 06:50 PM
    I got my first 9900 yesterday at 3 pm, and returned it at 3:45 pm because everytime I pushed the back button I got that damn favorites menu too! Its a software glitch and you need to return it.

08-11-11 08:54 PM
    By the way.. I pulled the battery too... 4 times!

08-11-11 08:56 PM
    The vodafone release does not seem to have this bug

Meloco65 likes this.
    08-12-11 08:24 AM
    Only time I experience this is when I plug the phone to charge or I open the clock.
    After this, I press alt+aA+del once or twice and it fixes.

Note: when my phone does not restart unless I persistently press alt+aA+del

There needs to be a fix soon
    08-12-11 08:59 AM
    I just installed the Vodafone DE OS version so will report back to see if it still causes this.
    08-12-11 12:15 PM
    You should have put quotes around the word "button" as well, since it's not a discreet, sturdy button like it was on the 9000. Instead it's a crappy, thick piece of tape that likely won't last.

I bet it's not too long before we see posts about the "buttons" peeling off, like they did/do on the Torch.

A flagship device with peel-off buttons...great...
    what about the torch buttons was peeling off? i dont remember reading that anywhere. had a torch since rogers release day and everything was fine, until the 9900 was released anyways.
    08-12-11 12:15 PM
    Ok I seem to have a temp fix for now. I have the Bell branded Bold 9900. When I put it in the holster and take it out, it does the app switcher thing. When it is doing that, i press the lock button at the top to lock it and then unlock it right away and the back button seems to work properly again.
    08-12-11 03:23 PM
    BEST METHOD TO FIX THIS!!!!

if it happens, all you have to do is press alt+back space one time and then you will be able to press back space without any app switcher popping up!
    08-12-11 07:27 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD