So, its 6:30PM and I still have 60% left with phone calls, texts, GPS use, snapped a few pics with flash, lots of perusing the options.
    Every BB I've ever owned has had a battery that gets better with time.
    12-07-11 06:38 PM
    davistld01

I changed from an iPhone 4 to the BB 9900 and love it, miss the larger screen a bit but that’s why I have an iPad.
    When it comes down to getting business done, email, communications the BB is my choice.
    I was at the ATT store the day it was released and have been using it since then with out any problems or issues. It’s running on the beta 7.1.0.74 OS with Mobile Hotspot which works pretty good.
    Doooo Ittt, if you've loved your other BB's you’ll love the new Bold 9900!
    love the new Bold 9900!
    12-07-11 07:30 PM
    I am very happy with my unit and I never had any major issues. I had some issues caused by installing leaked OS 7.1, but it it is not RIM's fault, its my own for installing leaked once. However, the stock OS had a slow browser.
    12-07-11 07:34 PM
    Welcome back OP.
    Loving my 9900 on windmobile.
    12-07-11 10:36 PM
    Switched from iPhone 4 to my att bold 9900. Couldn't be happier. Absolutely love love love this phone. I'm not sure why everyone complains so much about the camera, my camera is perfectly fine and actually got a compliment on a picture from an iphone 4s user. Battery lasts almost all day with good amount of usage and I haven't had any problems with my phone. So happy I switched.
    12-07-11 10:59 PM
    This is the best phone ever. I had left BB for an HTC EVO 4G and the Android system and enjoyed it a lot "til one day it was totally unresponsive. Come to find out that Google had disabled my account for no apparent reason. With Google there is NO customer service - none! I opened a new Google account and resumed using the phone but I had lost all of my contacts, apps etc.. I left Google and the little green men and am happily back with BB and a 9930 and loving it. Great phone - plenty of apps and I am no longer at the mercy of Google.
    12-08-11 08:57 AM
    My new Berry ought to be on my doorstep by this Saturday. I'm pretty excited!
    12-08-11 09:59 AM
    Phones fantastic man FACK the haters!!
    JR A likes this.
    12-08-11 10:31 AM
    The bold 9900 is great, i'm happy with it.
    12-08-11 01:53 PM
    does anybody really, really like their 9900?
    f***k yeah!!!
    EECGeek likes this.
    12-08-11 04:38 PM
    That is like moving from windows 7 to windows 95. You will feel like you are going backwards in everything like browsing, almost no apps, the quality of the screen can't compared, the camera, no siri, egc, etc.

About the same old ios in ios 5 there are a lot of new things, one of my favorites is launching the camera with two clicks.

The blackberry 7 OS have many issues, you need to restart a lot the bold because it becames too slow when you type.

Blackberry is building new phones with a new OS named bbx, that is why they don't care making better OS 7 or fixing the issues it has like poor battery, the bricking issue, and the need to restart the phone almost every week.

Buying a bold 9900 right now is not a very good idea because the new phones with bbx.

If blackberry launches an updated os 7 that fixes the issues I would think different about the bold 9900. By no way you can't compared it with an iphone 4S, but it is good in somethings like bbm and push mail.

This person is such a troll. I can tell by the way they seemed to pounce on the opportunity to bash the Bold, barely even able to form complete sentences because they were in such a hurry to shoot down the 9900.

I have had the 9900 since it came out in August on T-Mobile. No issues with bricking or anything like that. If you're going to be using the Bold as a major communication device, it really can't be beat. There is no Netflix or Hulu Plus app, so don't be expecting to spend hours watching that content on it, but all major carriers have their tv app, if you're that he11-bent on watching tv on a device ( I have found that T-Mobile tv works very well o my 9900, for what it's worth).

I would recommend updating your OS to 7.0.0.543 or .585 due to the significantly improved battery life that both of these offer over the stock OS that the phone will ship with. I love my 9900, it has the apps that I need, and for whatever Words With Friends or Angry Birds needs I have, I have an iPod Touch, but using that iOS5 device for email or even iMessage? It just doesn't hold a candle to the messaging monster that is the Bold9900
    Last edited by SK122387; 12-08-11 at 07:15 PM.
    12-08-11 06:45 PM
    This person is such a troll. I can tell by the way they seemed to pounce on the opportunity to bash the Bold, barely even able to form complete sentences because they were in such a hurry so shoot down the 9900.

I have had the 9900 since it came out in August on T-Mobile. No issues with bricking or anything like that. If you're going to be using the Bold as a major communication device, it really can't be beat. There is no Netflix or Hulu Plus app, so don't be expecting to spend hours watching that contenton it, but all major carriers have their tv app, if you're that ****-bent on watching tv on a device ( I have found that T-Mobile tv works very well o my 9900, for what it's worth).

I would recommend updating your OS to 7.0.0.543 or .585 due to the significantly improved battery life that both of these offer over the stock OS that the phone will ship with. I love my 9900, it has the apps that I need, and for whatever Words With Friends or Angry Birds needs I have, I have an iPod Touch, but using that iOS5 device for email or even iMessage? It just doesn't hold a candle to the messaging monster that is the Bold9900
    I've heard of the 7.0.0.540 OS...and actually have it pre-loaded on my laptop for installing on my 9900 when it's delivered. I haven't heard of 7.0.0.543 or.585. Are they leaked OS's or official releases? Are they T-Mo exclusives? I'll be hooked to AT&T service. I'm curious because, although I was never hesitant about loading a leaked OS on my 8xxx or 97xx BB's...with the glitches this phone has displayed for some owners, I'm a little leery of loading anything short of an official build...although I know most leaks become official to some service provider or another before long anyway.
    Last edited by davistld01; 12-08-11 at 07:05 PM.
    12-08-11 07:02 PM
    I haven't heard of 7.0.0.543 or.585. Are they leaked OS's or official releases? Are they T-Mo exclusives?
    He must have meant .503. There is also a 7.1 with wifi hotspot and wifi calling. and the latest leak is the .585.

No, these are not Tmo exclusives....
    12-08-11 07:25 PM
    Yeah they're leaked, not official (yet). at&t is pretty slow when it comes to releasing OS builds, so sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands. Anyone can download any leaked OS if it's for their phone model (ie. T-Mobile and at&t users can both download the same leaked OS if they delete the vendor file, but Verizon &Sprint users cannot because they have the 9930, not the 9900).

The only glitch I had was at the beginning, the phone had pretty bad battery life. I had been using the good ol' 9780, and the 9700 before that, so I had gotten used to excellent battery life. But that all changed with the first OS leak I downloaded, and I am so glad I bought this phone, despite all the "well it's just like BB6, and BBX phones are coming in 2012" people. OS7 is super snappy, and the screen is so good, I have had people ask "Wait that's a BlackBerry," in disbelief that RIM could create something so eye-catching
    12-08-11 07:25 PM
    He must have meant .503. There is also a 7.1 with wifi hotspot and wifi calling. and the latest leak is the .585.

No, these are not Tmo exclusives....
    oops. I meant .540, it was a pretty good leak. The leaks for the 9900 seem to come pretty frequently, it's hard to remember them all (unless one is especially bad, and in that case, everyone posts about it, so it's impossible to forget haha).
    12-08-11 07:37 PM
    That is like moving from windows 7 to windows 95. You will feel like you are going backwards in everything like browsing, almost no apps, the quality of the screen can't compared, the camera, no siri, egc, etc.

About the same old ios in ios 5 there are a lot of new things, one of my favorites is launching the camera with two clicks.

The blackberry 7 OS have many issues, you need to restart a lot the bold because it becames too slow when you type.

Blackberry is building new phones with a new OS named bbx, that is why they don't care making better OS 7 or fixing the issues it has like poor battery, the bricking issue, and the need to restart the phone almost every week.

Buying a bold 9900 right now is not a very good idea because the new phones with bbx.
    If blackberry launches an updated os 7 that fixes the issues I would think different about the bold 9900. By no way you can't compared it with an iphone 4S, but it is good in somethings like bbm and push mail.
    Obviously, you haven't a clue Ike1!
    12-08-11 09:50 PM
    An incredible, best in class keyboard with a touch screen that is larger than the iPhone when replying to e-mails or typing anything (because the iPhone4s virtual keyboard cuts the screen in half).

Such a critical point that is often missed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-08-11 10:00 PM
    oops. I meant .540, it was a pretty good leak. The leaks for the 9900 seem to come pretty frequently, it's hard to remember them all (unless one is especially bad, and in that case, everyone posts about it, so it's impossible to forget haha).
    Yeah, I have .540 ready to load...but deleted the 7.1.0.74 I had loaded on my desktop simply because I have read here that the official .540 is a more solid build and all I'm picking up with the 7.1 beta is a little flakier build, with a hotspot capability. I'm all about stability...not newest/hottest leak off the presses.
    12-08-11 10:47 PM
    Well...just got my "new" 9900 in the mail yesterday evening, and I must admit you guys are right...it's a keeper! Seems really well built and beautiful, pretty much what I have admired about BlackBerry since the Bold series was introduced...and I've had 'em all.

Loaded .540 this morning without a single glitch, and will run down to my local AT&T store to switch data plans today...and I'll be an official CrackBerry again!

My iPhone doesn't look nearly as cool as it did up until yesterday!!
    12-11-11 07:33 AM
    I was using a 9780 which I thoroughly loved, but wanted to try an iPhone, so I did but never got into it, so I gave it to my son and went with a 9900 and have absolutely no regrets. Yes yes there are issues with battery life, but thanks to Crackberry I have pretty much solved this (no thanks to Rogers, they are still on 7.0.0.261) so I'm happier than a pig in s..t!
    12-11-11 08:33 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD