Hi all...

Coming back to BlackBerry after a little hiatus. Couldn't stay away... haha.

I'm running my 9930 and was curious if anyone knew of a way or an app that would auto-resend a failed txt/sms message? It's annoying to send a txt and continue to do other things on my BB or elsewhere and then come back to a red X. I did a few forum searches, but they were 4 year old posts and didn't have any useful info.

If anyone has a suggestion or something, I'd definitely appreciate it.
    05-11-13 03:28 PM
    Welcome back!

I'm not sure about an app per se'. But, the real question should be why did said message fail in the first place?

When sending said message are you in an area of 2 bars of more (3G), etc.?
    05-11-13 03:31 PM
    Reboot your phone and try again.
    05-11-13 03:32 PM
    It's basically poor reception (1 or 2 3G bars or 1X sometimes)

For example, the living room is downstairs in the "basement" and that's why the issue with the reception comes into play. I may be watching TV on the couch and sending a txt message is kind of a gamble whether it will send or not. Have to check to make sure it sent. Would just be nice to have some feature or setting that would force it to keep trying until it was sent.
    05-11-13 03:44 PM
    Unfortunately I don't have access to my 9900 anymore since I'm now on a Z10 so please bare with me here.

I believe in the SMS options there's a setting to change the number of retries. I'd just set that to the max. As for an app I don't know of any. Hope I was of some help at least.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 10:47 PM
    Unfortunately I don't see any settings for number of retries... I spent a long time looking in different areas and option menus for something to help but couldn't find anything. Part of me has just given up hope. Might just be a slight inconvienence to deal with...

Hopefully the Q10 (which I'm planning to get my hands on as soon as I can) has a stronger radio or picks up reception better or something. My Note II has never had an issue reception-wise, so hopefully some newer BB tech can match it.

Thanks for all the replies... Definitely appreciated.
    05-13-13 05:00 AM
    Go into SMS -> Menu -> scroll down about half way under the sms section. You should find 'validity period' set that to maximum.

Sent as 'Text'

Then you should have 'Network to send over' and below that should be 'Retries' set that to something higher than the default 2 or 3.

If your missing that option it may be restricted by your carrier.

The messages you have which failed - you should get a reason when you open the message. Usual suspects include. 'General hardware failure' 'Timed out' and 'network failure' anything besides that & report back and someone should be able to help you.
    05-15-13 11:31 AM
    Then you should have 'Network to send over' and below that should be 'Retries' set that to something higher than the default 2 or 3.

If you're missing that option it may be restricted by your carrier.
    Yes! That's the option I was thinking of. Sorry I wasn't informative enough. I've stored my 9900 and sold my 9700 so I had nothing to refer to. Thanks for clarifying for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 12:19 PM