Just curious, with all this talk about lack of auto focus....is it a deal breaker for anybody?
    08-17-11 02:31 PM
    I actually like the camera a lot. The shutter speed is awesome and the results for pics so far I am quite happy with.
    ericlc2 likes this.
    08-17-11 02:33 PM
    I don't think so and in my opinion not many buy a bberry because of its camera capabilities. I don't take that many pics so this issue has not bearing on me.
    08-17-11 02:33 PM
    I actually like the camera a lot. The shutter speed is awesome and the results for pics so far I am quite happy with.
    Same!

I've had great pictures so far, and the videos I've taken have been pretty solid as well. Very very happy with this device.
    08-17-11 02:34 PM
    No, but it's a pretty mediocre camera for a flagship device.
    08-17-11 02:34 PM
    I have an amazing shot of my two kids, great colour, looks great on all back backgrounds

no complaints
    08-17-11 02:40 PM
    Very happy with my 9930 so far. Camera is surprisingly good compared to my 9650 and old S1. The video recording on the 9930 is top notch. As good as if not better than something like a flip mino.
    08-17-11 02:43 PM
    I think the camera is fine, better than the 9650 with auto focus.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 02:43 PM
    When I took pictures with the demo they were great close and far away. Not sure what all the fuss is.

08-17-11 02:45 PM
    ... try to deposit a check by phone... or read a barcode (ScanLife, et al)... or take a close up for inspecting the surface detail of the subject...

If these aren't important to you, then it is not a deal-breaker.
    08-17-11 02:46 PM
    It reads barcodes perfectly.
    screamlordbyron likes this.
    08-17-11 02:48 PM
    If I see another thread on auto-focus I think ill scream! LOL
    08-17-11 02:49 PM
    Well then I'll be the first one. It's a deal breaker for me. I went to blackberry 9650 for the professional look and keyboard but I'm a college student and I love snapping pics close up (friends, textbooks, etc). After seeing the reviews, I'm not going for the 9930. Going to go back to android
    08-17-11 02:55 PM
    Well then I'll be the first one. It's a deal breaker for me. I went to blackberry 9650 for the professional look and keyboard but I'm a college student and I love snapping pics close up (friends, textbooks, etc). After seeing the reviews, I'm not going for the 9930. Going to go back to android
    Oh my... dangerous talk. You can get stoned for saying that.
    08-17-11 03:12 PM
    Oh my... dangerous talk. You can get stoned for saying that.
    haha you're right. but i'm not bashing the phone. I'm sure it's great and I love blackberry because we all know it's got personality. People will likely tell me I should just not buy it if i'm not happy with the lack of autofocus. I'm just taking their advice
    08-17-11 03:16 PM
    haha you're right. but i'm not bashing the phone. I'm sure it's great and I love blackberry because we all know it's got personality. People will likely tell me I should just not buy it if i'm not happy with the lack of autofocus. I'm just taking their advice
    Trust me when I say some people cannot tell the difference. They take any slight -- real or perceived -- very, very seriously.
    08-17-11 03:24 PM
    thanks for havin my back
    08-17-11 03:30 PM
    Just curious, with all this talk about lack of auto focus....is it a deal breaker for anybody?
    Not for me its not I am coming from a Android device that was 8MP and the difference between the two is not noticable at all. All cameras on phones are just that camera phones. Most shots unless taken in outside lighting are never as good a regular camera.

08-17-11 03:32 PM
    Not for me. I will buy one as soon as my Playbook gets a magical update as alluded by Mr. Crackberry.
    08-17-11 03:36 PM
    Not for me its not I am coming from a Android device that was 8MP and the difference between the two is not noticable at all. All cameras on phones are just that camera phones. Most shots unless taken in outside lighting are never as good a regular camera.

Went to a VZW store today to pick up a charging pod and some screen protectors, the rep I was talking to said the same thing about his droid, said he ordered the 9930 last night haha.
    08-17-11 03:36 PM

Now, while I respect your position, I disagree that all camera phones are made equal.
    08-17-11 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD