Anybody notice that when a video is played on their 9900, the keyboard and all the other buttons go dark? I did and I thought it was the coolest ever! But playing the crackberry video for my girl, I notice my backlight stays on now. Even if I load a memory card loaded video, nothing. I am pissed. I have already gone to options>display>screen display>automatically dim backlight= true.

Is there anything else I'm doing wrong? Or is my device defective? (God I hope not!). Thanks for the help in advance!

Sent from my 9900
    09-07-11 12:47 AM
    My buttons backlighting goes out as well during video playback. Dont worry as your phone is not defective. This is strictly firmware related. Might just be a bug as I dont recall there being an option to automatically turn off button backlighting during video playback. Maybe try a battery pull and if that doesnt work, a reload of the OS might be necessary. Hope I helped and if I did, I wouldnt be mad if you clicked my Thanks button!
    86is300 likes this.
    09-07-11 01:55 AM
    I really don't want to reload the OS, stupid thing, 4 days and its already changing settings on me. I like the keyboard backlight going out, I want it to come back damnit! There has to be some setting I'm missing.

My buttons backlighting goes out as well during video playback. Dont worry as your phone is not defective. This is strictly firmware related. Might just be a bug as I dont recall there being an option to automatically turn off button backlighting during video playback. Maybe try a battery pull and if that doesnt work, a reload of the OS might be necessary. Hope I helped and if I did, I wouldnt be mad if you clicked my Thanks button!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 07:32 AM
    so i went in a video, clicked options, and what do u know, there was auto backlight option, so i checked that and im back to normal... thanks
    09-07-11 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD