VZ CMO confirmed 3 new blackberries this year

"BGR: Where does that leave you guys with RIM? If I�m not mistaken, Verizon Wireless was at one point the largest seller of BlackBerry devices in the U.S. Maybe I�m wrong about that, but you were a very, very large partner. With the company going through a transition period, do you see Research In Motion being a strong part of your lineup in the future?

Verizon Wireless Chief Marketing Officer Marni Walden: I do. RIM is still very, very important in the enterprise space. It does resonate in some of the consumer space as well, particularly with BBM. We�ll have three devices this year that we will bring to market with RIM. We�ll continue our partnership and it�ll be important for now going forward "

Verizon leaked document

Leaked Verizon Document Reveals New Galaxy Tab, 4G Curve, and More - Gear News at IGN

This document reveals all scheduled releases from September onwards and we see only blackberry curve in it, which would mean that only other time slot left for a blackberry release is from now till end of August.

Which suggest August release for Bold 9930 and Torch 9850.

Tweets from reliable sources

@liquidcyber: Bold touch 8/10 torch touch 8/25 on VZW

@dwdsquared2 I'm not up on big red much. Or the CDMA side quite as much. But it's coming soon. Def within 30 days - CX's tweet on 17th July 2011

Appearances

Torch 9850 was spotted with Verizon branding:
    BlackBerry Torch 9850 spotted with Verizon branding

Bold 9930 promo video was seen on verizon website:
    [Video] BlackBerry Bold 9930 appears on Verizon website! | CrackBerry.com

Finally we saw a commercial being shot for a new blackberry phone to be released in a month or so by Invodo :
    Commercial in production for Verizon's new BlackBerry lineup | CrackBerry.com

Interestingly "Invodo" is what you see in the promo video as the carrier name ....
    08-05-11 11:58 PM
    Thanks for putting this info together.. I'm sure not everyone will appreciate this but I do.

Too bad though none of it's new to many of us cause checking CB multiple times daily has become a very regular thing as of late.
    purijagmohan likes this.
    08-06-11 12:04 AM
    Can't wait. I wish they'd just give us a damn date.

Thanks for putting this info together.. I'm sure not everyone will appreciate this but I do.

Too bad though none of it's new to many of us cause checking CB multiple times daily has become a very regular thing as of late.
    I agree. Some will gripe. True also that not too much--if any of this--is new; this thread will be good to link to though for users looking for VZW rumors, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by d5115r; 08-06-11 at 12:12 AM.
    08-06-11 12:07 AM
    Yea, I was feeling a lil bad for the big red faithful over there.
    08-06-11 07:37 AM
    Welp, I still have my 600 and change from the return of my Thunderbolt...let's go!

Sent from my Blackberry 9650 using a teeny keyboard that has failed miserably.

08-06-11 07:54 AM
    August is every carrier's month when it comes to BlackBerry. All carriers (except VZW and Tmo) have been announcing new BBs like there is no tomorrow.
    08-06-11 08:11 AM
    Just hoping T-mobile is included in the 9860 fun this month.
    08-06-11 09:10 AM
    It seems like Verizon generally announces phones right before they are released, at least that's been the case recently. I personally think the 9930 will be out on Verizon rather soon.
    Last edited by Stein357; 08-06-11 at 10:47 AM.
    asdfjkandreax and awesker3#WN like this.
    08-06-11 10:16 AM
    good post....i hadn't cx's tweet. and yes vzn doesn't do a lot of pre hype on phones anymore it seems, but they do a good bit once the phone releases. a lot of their promo budget is promoting the network, esp 4g lte
    08-06-11 11:47 AM
    Just hoping T-mobile is included in the 9860 fun this month.
    I hope so too. If not, I'm definitely getting one from AT&T and unlocking it.
    08-06-11 11:52 AM
    good post....i hadn't cx's tweet. and yes vzn doesn't do a lot of pre hype on phones anymore it seems, but they do a good bit once the phone releases. a lot of their promo budget is promoting the network, esp 4g lte
    That is a very good point. I believe that Verizon wants you to come over to them for the 4G LTE speed. Get you in the door than see what kind of phone you want. If you stop and think about it all of the carriers will carry the 9900/9930 so advertising the device itself isnt going to bring you in the door if you can get the exact same thing at your existing carrier. If the 9900/9930 is basically the same price at Tmo or ATT what is the advantage of moving to VZW? 4G LTE is the answer. I see a soft launch and in August.
    08-06-11 12:19 PM
    I just hope its within 14 days so I can exchange this buggy droid 3 for a 9930

08-06-11 12:30 PM
    I know this is a BB forum but what kind of problems did you have with the droid. All I ever hear is how wonderful they are.
    08-06-11 12:32 PM
    That is a very good point. I believe that Verizon wants you to come over to them for the 4G LTE speed. Get you in the door than see what kind of phone you want. If you stop and think about it all of the carriers will carry the 9900/9930 so advertising the device itself isnt going to bring you in the door if you can get the exact same thing at your existing carrier. If the 9900/9930 is basically the same price at Tmo or ATT what is the advantage of moving to VZW? 4G LTE is the answer. I see a soft launch and in August.
    And what the average ***** consumer doesn't know it that no BB can take advantage of LTE and only a very select few android phones can use it (so far only the thunderbolt right now I think). Not to mention VZW's LTE network is no where near having good coverage yet.

EDIT:
    For real? The forum software starred out the word id1ot (when spelled correctly)?
    08-06-11 12:34 PM
    Same sentiments, I know they didn't do much for the Droid 3 release, so I'm hoping it's the same sometime this month with the 9930. Still holding out for the 10th or before the 17th.
    08-06-11 12:40 PM
    I know this is a BB forum but what kind of problems did you have with the droid. All I ever hear is how wonderful they are.
    Its lags when switching from one app to another. Apps crash often especially the android market. It really is just like most other android phones, laggy and crashes often. Battery life also isn't as good as I expected it

Last edited by hh72385; 08-06-11 at 12:55 PM.
    08-06-11 12:48 PM
    I'm on Sprint, and August 03 they came with a PR that said "America's first BlackBerry 7 devices coming to Sprint" and they gave a timeframe, "Coming this Fall" I'm confused, how will Sprint be "America's first BB 7 devices" when rumors of Verizon and T-MO and even has late has 2wks ago SPRINT getting the BB Bold 9930 late August. Now they say "Fall"? What the heck's going on?

08-06-11 01:11 PM
    Good post. Even though there will still be plenty of users claiming they don't know if any new blackberrys are arriving on VZW

08-06-11 01:30 PM
    it does not say sprint will be the first to get these devices....it says they will be getting them. you can still buy the first bb with a track pad too...at any store, ebay, etc.

I'm on Sprint, and August 03 they came with a PR that said "America's first BlackBerry 7 devices coming to Sprint" and they gave a timeframe, "Coming this Fall" I'm confused, how will Sprint be "America's first BB 7 devices" when rumors of Verizon and T-MO and even has late has 2wks ago SPRINT getting the BB Bold 9930 late August. Now they say "Fall"? What the heck's going on?

08-06-11 03:10 PM
    It says "America's first BB 07 devices coming to Sprint" to me that says according to this PR, Sprint will be the 1st carriers in America getting the new BlackBerrys. Maybe it's a misquote by the PR or Sprint will be the 1st carrier after Sept.21st...which doesn't make sense. All signs for the Bold 9930 being out on all 3 (Sprint, VRZ and T-Mo IS LATE August...not fall.

08-06-11 03:59 PM
    It says "America's first BB 07 devices coming to Sprint" to me that says according to this PR, Sprint will be the 1st carriers in America getting the new BlackBerrys. Maybe it's a misquote by the PR or Sprint will be the 1st carrier after Sept.21st...which doesn't make sense. All signs for the Bold 9930 being out on all 3 (Sprint, VRZ and T-Mo IS LATE August...not fall.

Okay, now take a step back and read it again... "America's first BB 07 devices" stating that well the devices are americas first that are running BB 07, "coming to sprint" well they are coming to sprint.. Put that together and you get "coming to sprint, America's first BB 07 devices!" not.. "BB 07 devices, coming FIRST to sprint"

You just read it wrong
    08-06-11 04:50 PM
    Yeah, Sprint puts things in such "Legaleze" terms and double meaning. Like when I ask about the Bold 9930, Sprint CSR said "BB Bold 9930 coming very soon" I hope they sont think after Sept. 21st is "very soon" lol. Just kinda bummed that they put "Coming this Fall" still hope bla1ze's sorces are correct in their belief of an August 21st release date.

08-06-11 04:59 PM
    Hoping for New Berries on VZW, My 9550's ear peice went bad and had to get a refurb. I'm due and want new! Either one will work, don't want to change carrier's or phone device. Want to keep it smart with BB!

Thanks for the post, lets go Already RIM!
    08-06-11 05:35 PM
    08-06-11 08:27 PM
    I hope so, this could be a great week. My birthday happens to be Friday. No better a birthday present than a cool new BlackBerry. A slightly less cool present would be knowing when I can get one.
    asdfjkandreax likes this.
    08-06-11 08:29 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD