I just purchased a BB Bold 9900. I was kinda sleepy, and I had the micro USB Cable turned the wrong way when I tried to insert it into the 9900. Of course it would not go in, and I turned it over and inserted it the correct way.

Could I have hurt the 9900's port by trying to put it in the wrong way? I'm a BB newbie, and I want to make sure that I did not do any harm to it. I applied a little force the wrong way, but not too much. Again, it went in fine the correct way. Thanks.
    12-04-11 04:58 AM
    I do the same thing all the time. So far it hasn't hurt the device.

If you don't have yours in a case, you might want to consider charging pods. I can't use one because I have mine in an Otterbox commuter case.
    jetjim likes this.
    12-04-11 05:03 AM
    Thanks......I have mine in a case, so I cannot use a pod. I'll just be real careful (and awake) the next time I put the cable in.
    12-04-11 05:10 AM
    As long as you weren't forcefully shoving the cable in you are fine I've done it numerous times and it still charges perfectly fine.
    jetjim likes this.
    12-04-11 05:46 AM
    I guess "forcefully shoving" it is kinda subjective. I put some pressure on it, then when I noticed it wouldn't go in, I checked, and realized my mistake. However, I then tried plugging it in a couple of times the correct way, and it goes in and works. I'm a little paranoid, for I just got the phone and paid full price for it.
    12-04-11 06:02 AM
    Hope this helps. Works well when I'm sleepy and the lights are out.

I use the screen's light to check on the charger to see if the BB logo is facing me before I plug it into the phone.
    12-04-11 06:32 AM
    Thanks....That does help. Logo always up. Gotcha.
    12-04-11 06:35 AM
    if it's working then it's OK. be careful next time
    jetjim likes this.
    12-04-11 08:12 AM
    Put a white dot with paint or liquid paper on the top side of the connector. Even in the dimmest rooms you will see it.
    jetjim likes this.
    12-04-11 08:14 AM
    That's the weird thing, I was being careful even though I was sleepy. I didn't know that the BB Logo goes on top, and there was a lot of light. It was more a stupid mistake.

Thanks for the white dot idea.
    12-04-11 08:21 AM
    The 2 little "teeth" you can feel always face downward. That's how I know when its dark.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-11 10:42 AM
    The 2 little "teeth" you can feel always face downward. That's how I know when its dark.
    This is how I do it.
    12-04-11 10:44 AM
    The stuff you learn on this forum!!!
    12-04-11 11:14 AM
    The stuff you learn on this forum!!!
    Yup, after having BBs since 2007, I only last week learned about long press on 'Q' to toggle between vibrate mode and the previous sound profile. I learned it here in a thread about some other topic entirely.
    12-04-11 11:31 AM
    To the 2 previous posters... it's the little things like those that make us go damn, I love BB.
    12-04-11 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD