1. preetipisces's Avatar
    Hi,
    Wondering why my BB Desktop Manager would show that I had an update available and then hide it? Was it my imagination? I have a BB Bold 9900 on ATT, SW version 7.0 Bundle 1950. Am I missing much and any idea on the ETA for 7.1 for ATT?

    One more thing, when I do a battery pull or use deLightReset, my bb reboot stops at about 2/3rds of the way and I have to pop out the battery to get it going one or two more times before it finally reboots (a very nervous 3-5 minutes!), any ideas, am I doing something wrong?

    Thanks
    02-06-12 11:00 AM
  2. sulcopete's Avatar
    Version 7.0.what? Right now afaik, the most current version from AT&T is 7.0.0.576
    Which version do you have?
    02-06-12 11:50 AM
  3. cielodome's Avatar
    I'm running 7.1.0.205 and I just received the notice for a wireless update. Is there a new version that I have heard yet?
    02-06-12 12:00 PM
  4. TheStoof's Avatar
    I'm running 7.1.0.205 and I just received the notice for a wireless update. Is there a new version that I have heard yet?
    I just got this update too, so if it's asking you to update, then it's probably higher than .205.

    With that said, my OTA update failed because I have ty service
    02-06-12 12:09 PM
  5. Legal Eagle's Avatar
    I just got this update too, so if it's asking you to update, then it's probably higher than .205.

    With that said, my OTA update failed because I have ty service
    I doubt it will be higher than .205.

    T Mobile seems to have started pushing 7.1 OTA today and it is said to be .205.

    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...35/tmo-695048/
    02-06-12 12:17 PM
  6. sulcopete's Avatar
    AT&T have not pushed 7.1 yet. The most recent from AT&T is 7.0.0.576. If you're with AT&T, and you want more recent than that, you have to do it via leaked version.
    02-06-12 12:26 PM
  7. Gerrardough's Avatar
    As I was reading this thread, the message popped up I'm still running version .440 bundle 1950. I still have the bundle 2216 on my software updates as well. I haven't had any problems with my 9900 and the battery is decent enough to I go through my work day with one charge. So my question is, if I update to the latest bundle would the new version affect my battery life and would it be more prone to the bricking issue? Like they say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
    02-06-12 12:43 PM
  8. sulcopete's Avatar
    As I was reading this thread, the message popped up I'm still running version .440 bundle 1950. I still have the bundle 2216 on my software updates as well. I haven't had any problems with my 9900 and the battery is decent enough to I go through my work day with one charge. So my question is, if I update to the latest bundle would the new version affect my battery life and would it be more prone to the bricking issue? Like they say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
    They want to upgrade you to .576 I would go ahead and stay current with your software from AT&T. I don't know what the upgrade is supposed to fix, but it certainly shouldn't create problems.
    Gerrardough likes this.
    02-06-12 12:56 PM
  9. SC457's Avatar
    running .576 on AT&T with no problems. hoping 7.1 comes out soon though. hearing some good things about the .205 leak for battery life.
    02-06-12 01:05 PM
  10. phonegeek#AC's Avatar
    We may be trying to push 7.1.0.190 out the door but there may be issues with the update system. Personally I hope not as I am not a fan of some of the bugs with it.

    Also we just got 7.1.0.258 today to begin testing, I'll let you know how it goes after I get it loaded...


    PG
    02-06-12 01:06 PM
  11. Legal Eagle's Avatar
    Also we just got 7.1.0.258 today to begin testing, I'll let you know how it goes after I get it loaded...


    PG
    Hopefully some kind soul will find a way to leak it to the CrackBerry Nation before too long .............
    02-06-12 01:13 PM
  12. cielodome's Avatar
    I am rather happy now with .205 so if at&t is not pushing a higher version then I won't accept it until I am sure what is going on. Nevertheless, I'm willing to try .258 if it's made available.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    02-06-12 01:20 PM
  13. batrad's Avatar
    got the message too.. on 7.1.x .. scared to update
    02-06-12 01:47 PM
  14. Gerrardough's Avatar
    They want to upgrade you to .576 I would go ahead and stay current with your software from AT&T. I don't know what the upgrade is supposed to fix, but it certainly shouldn't create problems.
    If I upgrade OTA how long would this take? I am currently at work, and will need my phone. I have 5 full bars on AT&T "4G". I have never done a OTA update before. Should I just wait until I get home, when I'm running on wifi?
    02-06-12 02:23 PM
  15. sulcopete's Avatar
    got the message too.. on 7.1.x .. scared to update
    Folks...I'm concerned that there is some confusion going on here...or maybe I'm the one who's confused. The latest software version from AT&T is 7.0.0.576. I just double checked my phone using options/device/software updates, on AT&T network, and it's telling me I am current. UNLESS something else is going on that I don't have a clue...if you're already running 7.1xx, and you go with an upgrade from AT&T by OTA or Wi-Fi or DM, I think the result would be a downgrade to 7.0.0.576. Maybe phonegeek can set me straight on this if he has an in with AT&T....but this is my rudimentary understanding of the current situation. Feel free to comment!!
    02-06-12 03:01 PM
  16. phonegeek#AC's Avatar
    Yeah it depends. Some folks get pushed updates at different times depending on location, how busy the network is, and a variety of other items. I don't know for certain that we're pushing 7.1 yet but it seems some folks here may be seeing it.

    I would caution against .190 for the moment as others here have had better luck with .205 which we're not testing and we just started testing .258 today which means that we're likely to see it push to the masses around end of Feb give or take a few days.


    PG
    02-06-12 03:23 PM
  17. sulcopete's Avatar
    Yeah it depends. Some folks get pushed updates at different times depending on location, how busy the network is, and a variety of other items. I don't know for certain that we're pushing 7.1 yet but it seems some folks here may be seeing it.

    I would caution against .190 for the moment as others here have had better luck with .205 which we're not testing and we just started testing .258 today which means that we're likely to see it push to the masses around end of Feb give or take a few days.


    PG
    That is great news! Thanks!
    02-06-12 04:12 PM
  18. preetipisces's Avatar
    Sorry, mine says v7.0.0.440, Platform 5.0.0.610
    Not sure what the update was for, and now it is gone...
    02-08-12 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD