I emailed ATT about when the 9900 would be coming... here are some interesting responses back:

Thank you for contacting AT&T about your wireless service.
    My name is _______ _______and I am more than happy to
    assist you today with your inquiry regarding new BlackBerry
    products. I definitely understand your concern with this matter.

Research In Motion (RIM) has not announced any specif dates
    for its new devices. It?s best to contact (RIM) at
    RIM Company - Learn about Research In Motion or 1-877-255-2377 for any information about their products.
    Next response:

Thank you for contacting AT&T about your wireless service. My name is _______ _______ and I am more than happy to assist you today with your inquiry regarding the Blackberry Bold 9900. I do understand your concern wanting to know if and when AT&T will carry the phone.

As of yet we have not received any information as to if and when AT&T will have the Blackberry Bold 9900. As soon as we get information about it the public will be informed also.
    and finally:

Thank you for contacting AT&T about your wireless service. I understand your frustration on not being able to get the BlackBerry 9900. My name is _______ _______, and I can definitely assist you with your inquiry regarding your BlackBerry 9900 questions today.

We are sorry and apologize for inconvenience on not knowing when the BlackBerry 9900 will be available. There could be the possibility that we will never get the BlackBerry 9900.
    Those were from 3 different people. Apparently everyone is in the dark about what's going on.
    08-30-11 08:40 PM
    At least your people acknowledged that it is a valid phone. Ours doesn't even know what the heck it is or even heard of it. He aggravates me every time he comes by and I ask him a question.
    08-30-11 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD