What is with this phone? Or is it the network it's on?

Got a 9900 on Trash, err Tmobile... Just got done with 10 hard resets in 40 minutes! Yes, you read right...

It shows full 4G, all the bars, yet data just dies out. , I even had text messages not even coming through. That's pretty pathetic as text messages are so small!

Data will just vanish, yet it remains "full" according to the bars in the corner. A analyzer built into the phone here though shows wild drops in the signal, even as it claims full connection!

I've done it all. Battery pulls, different os installs, sim card removal, yada yada.

Am I the only one with this issue? I see tmobile forums/twitter feeds full of people with various phones nation wide having problems, some only getting proper data on wifi.

How is it isolated out at this point if it's the phone or a horrible network? I'm at wits end
    03-01-12 07:15 PM
    Have you called TMO? It sounds like a carrier issue not the device maybe they are having data issues today.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-01-12 07:27 PM
    My phone gets great reception for voice and data.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-01-12 07:34 PM
    sounds like carrier issues...
    03-01-12 07:49 PM
    I was experiencing the same issue with my device, but its not the problem of your device, its a network problem...

Under Network & connections -> mobile network i have 3 options in network mode... 2G, 3G and 2G/3G ... if you select 2G/3G the device will switch back and forth in many areas, u will end up getting a network stuck mode like this ...

try to use to device on 2G or 3G mode only .. switch your device to 3G only or 4G, and then do a battery pull, wait for 2 minutes and plug in it. it should work fine..

as i always use 2G or 3G only modes, i never use 2G/3G mode.
    03-01-12 07:52 PM
    I was experiencing the same issue with my device, but its not the problem of your device, its a network problem...

Under Network & connections -> mobile network i have 3 options in network mode... 2G, 3G and 2G/3G ... if you select 2G/3G the device will switch back and forth in many areas, u will end up getting a network stuck mode like this ...

try to use to device on 2G or 3G mode only .. switch your device to 3G only or 4G, and then do a battery pull, wait for 2 minutes and plug in it. it should work fine..

as i always use 2G or 3G only modes, i never use 2G/3G mode.
    All I have is 4G/3G and 2G modes. A manual scan shows:

4G/3G Tmobile
    2G Tmobile
    2G ATT

How come you have different options?

Trashcan Mobile support was all "Durr, no issues!" Even though twitter and elsewhere is full of people (even on androids) saying there is issues...
    03-02-12 03:26 AM
    All I have is 4G/3G and 2G modes. A manual scan shows:

4G/3G Tmobile
    2G Tmobile
    2G ATT

How come you have different options?

Trashcan Mobile support was all "Durr, no issues!" Even though twitter and elsewhere is full of people (even on androids) saying there is issues...
    The carrier determines what choices you have by telling RIM what choice to give you.
    03-02-12 05:28 AM
    That option is determined by my carrier, as I leave in middle east, we have 2g and 3G options.. These options are different in canada and America.

Try only 3G option with tmobile or AT&T.. Don't try 3G/4G as it will keep on switching from 3g and 4g.. Try it...

Make sure u select it first and do a hard boot battery pull
    03-02-12 01:22 PM
    That option is determined by my carrier, as I leave in middle east, we have 2g and 3G options.. These options are different in canada and America.
    Try only 3G option with tmobile or AT&T.. Don't try 3G/4G as it will keep on switching from 3g and 4g.. Try it...

Make sure u select it first and do a hard boot battery pull
    I think for the most part it's working so far. Going to go the store and probably demand life time credit at this point for the failure to have working 4G. Why pay for what can't be used?
    03-03-12 01:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD