Hi guys, does anyone know if the Blackberry Desktop Manager would work on this new tablet? I know that when I sync with Google I usually get dupes of contacts and calendar entries which is a pain to delete the duped contacts. It would be good if they worked together. Eh, maybe it's just wishful thinking. I have a Bold 9930 by the way.
    12-09-11 04:51 PM
    desktop manager works on windows and macs, it will not run on the transformer prime
    12-09-11 04:56 PM
    I'm so lost on why you would post the transformer prime topic in a 9900/9930 thread, and then desktop manager to work on an Android tablet running Android OS (3.2 and even ICS eventually). Sure if you're able to boot Windows on the Prime, and the dock it to plug into the USB, and finally for the DM to recognize all the ports. Don't get me wrong, I'm awaiting some stock on the Prime myself, best bang for the buck right now and definitely worth the price tag. But if you want to know if an Windows or Mac app would run on an Android tablet wouldn't it make more sense to post in Android Central's forums?
    12-09-11 09:45 PM
    I'm so lost on why you would post the transformer prime topic in a 9900/9930 thread, and then desktop manager to work on an Android tablet running Android OS (3.2 and even ICS eventually). Sure if you're able to boot Windows on the Prime, and the dock it to plug into the USB, and finally for the DM to recognize all the ports. Don't get me wrong, I'm awaiting some stock on the Prime myself, best bang for the buck right now and definitely worth the price tag. But if you want to know if an Windows or Mac app would run on an Android tablet wouldn't it make more sense to post in Android Central's forums?
    He has a 9930...why not ask in here? I think you can sync your Prime to Outlook then sync your BB to Outlook.
    12-09-11 10:42 PM
    Gordonzhao, I posted here because I figure that posting in the Android forum most if not all members would be using some Android phone and not a Blackberry. They may not have enough knowledge about Desktop Manager. So I posted here.

Otacon72, good point I will have to further my research on that but it sounds logical.

The reason I want the Prime is because it is cheaper and a MacBook Air. I prefer Macs over Windows but since after reviewing the specs and what my needs are the Prime would be a nice choice. I am a Chef heading towards the end of my career and have started to write a food blog and memoir of my experiences. I thought about the Playbook but it was too small for my needs, now if they come out with a 10" version I might reconsider, but for my simple computing needs (Internet and email) the Prime is a nice choice., especially if you get the docking keyboard with it.
    12-10-11 03:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD