My average battery drain before was 6pc.. after uninstalling apps now it is draining at the rate of 2pc. Please let us know if you have found any apps that is the cause of your battery draining.. suspect or fully confirmed, I start with one later in the day. still trying to find which of the 3 apps I installed yesterday causes this latest battery drain(6pc idle).
    suspicion: player for youtube.
    will let you guys know after a while
    03-02-12 04:44 AM
    i can confirm , facebook messenger drained my battery just overnight. pulled off the hook @ 10pm with 100% charge ,woke up to 5% charge left .. appalling
    03-02-12 04:59 AM
    I noticed battery differences with these:

Google+
    Social Feeds
    BB Traffic
    03-02-12 09:52 AM
    I uninstalled angry pig. Now its 3pc/h..
    Main Suspect: angry pigs
    03-02-12 10:14 AM
    I noticed battery differences with these:

Google+
    Social Feeds
    BB Traffic
    I have also found BB Traffic to be a huge battery drainer.
    03-02-12 11:43 AM
    Whatsapp is also a huge battery drainer
    03-02-12 11:46 AM
    03-02-12 11:48 AM
    Google+ (Confirmed)
    SocialScope* (Suspected, but confirmed when I started using the actual foursquare app)
    FourSquare (Destroys my battery, you would think they would find another way for people to check in without access gps information everytime. Confirmed)
    Social Feeds has gotten better, but still has some power management issues to overcome imo
    BB Travel is a hungry app. As are all of them that use location based searches.
    Final Fantasy 1 - Updated for OS 7.0, but kills my processes and destroys my battery.

*SocialScope does eat the battery, but only when you are accessing FourSquare services.

Not sure, but most of my battery killers use GPS information. I'll be honest, I have enough problems getting an accurate fix with my GPS (Sometimes)
    03-02-12 11:49 AM
    FourSquare (Destroys my battery, you would think they would find another way for people to check in without access gps information everytime. Confirmed)
    *SocialScope does eat the battery, but only when you are accessing FourSquare services.

Not sure, but most of my battery killers use GPS information. I'll be honest, I have enough problems getting an accurate fix with my GPS (Sometimes)
    i have FS and check in all the time. i just exit the app once i've checked in. maybe thats why its not an issue for me. I figure if its running its always searching for GPS and signal to keep up with your location.

but then again i close all my apps when i'm not using them.
    03-02-12 12:08 PM
    i have FS and check in all the time. i just exit the app once i've checked in. maybe thats why its not an issue for me. I figure if its running its always searching for GPS and signal to keep up with your location.

but then again i close all my apps when i'm not using them.

That's what I am forced to do now. At least the last update to Social was pretty good, and batt loss isn't as bad as the FS app.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-02-12 12:14 PM
    This is what I do now to identify non-draining apps:
    1. is to turn on battery analyzer on
    2. install new apps/update 1 at a time
    3. check the battery drain after new app (preferably at night/light use)
    4. uninstall if battery drain increase is unacceptable.
    03-02-12 12:57 PM
    App World - I was browsing apps for few min, the battery drain increased by like 5% higher than normal.

SocialFeeds - it's ok as long as you don't have auto update.
    03-02-12 01:54 PM
    Does socialfeeds effect your battery if you don't have bis?
    03-02-12 02:10 PM
    Does socialfeeds effect your battery if you don't have bis?
    It shouldn't because data isn't being transfered.
    Last edited by dustanh; 03-02-12 at 02:59 PM.
    03-02-12 02:48 PM
    Just to be sure I also deleted SocialFeeds
    03-02-12 03:14 PM
    If you don't use social feeds (don't open it) will it still eat battery ?
    03-11-12 01:27 AM
    Fancy Widgets was draining mine.
    03-11-12 06:20 AM
    If you don't use social feeds (don't open it) will it still eat battery ?
    No it won't. I have SocialFeed and I only open when I need it. Make sure auto refresh is off. RSS Feed will get refresh only when you open the app.
    03-11-12 08:33 AM
    I have also found BB Traffic to be a huge battery drainer.
    Really?? This doesn't run in the background, though, does it?? I never thought BB Traffic could be a culprit...
    03-11-12 10:25 AM
    Normally I have my phone of charge overnight and from around 7am to 8pm (heavy use) I would have to put my phone of charge just to see me through the rest of the day.

I looked to see what apps were draining my battery and after playing around for a few days I found that Fixmo tools was the culprit. I love the features within Fixmo but do not use them all. Luckily within the app you can uninstall certain apps so I removed them all except for Reply with Edit, Undelete, SMS recovery and the memory manager. Since then I go to bed with 30-35% battery which is a massive saving.
    03-11-12 11:01 AM
    You can find out what's going on yourself by using the Application Management screens in Options>Device.

When you first go to Application Management, you get the "All" screen. Then you can look at each app and click "Resources". "Usage" tells you how much time the app or process was actually "open", which means it would show up in the Application Switcher list. "CPU" tells you how much CPU time it used, in seconds.

Or you can swipe from the "All" to the "CPU" screen, where you'll get a list of CPU use in order of descending CPU usage.

In both "All" or "CPU" you can choose "Now", "Today", "Yesterday", "This Week" and "Last Week." In short, you can get a lot of useful info.

You'll discover that some apps are using CPU time even when you never actually open/use them. BB Protect is one of these, although the usage is minimal. On my 9900, running 7.1.0.267, BB Protect uses about 8 secs of CPU per day. Pandora uses about 30 secs per day, when I don't open it at all. For some reason, Pandora is in the "Startup" sequence, and I don't know how to take it out.

I used to have the EveryLock app installed, but found that it was using more than a half hour of CPU time per day, just sitting there unused by me. That single app pushed my average drain rate from just under 3% to over 7%.

I also found that the YouMail app, while not nearly as bad, was using several minutes of CPU a day, even when I got no voicemails and didn't do anything with the app. I've deleted it. I still use YouMail service, but I just use the email notification and download the voicemail from the email link. Works fine, and nothing runs in the background.

I keep a close eye on apps, especially when I install a new one. I tried WhatsApp and LiveProfile for a while and found that both were using more CPU than I liked, even when not in active use. I've found Kik to be better behaved.

I've checked BB Traffic and when not actually in use it only draws about .1 sec per week of CPU time, so that's not a problem unless you leave it going when you're not using it.

Check any apps that do anything on a timed recurring basis. For example, I use Wallpaper Shifter. It changes my wallpaper every 20 minutes. It uses about 2 or 3 secs a day. I tried the built-in wallpaper changing option in QuickLaunch, but found that it used more CPU time to do the same thing. It still wasn't a lot, so don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying that QL is a battery hog. But if the only difference between two apps is battery usage, I'll choose the one that uses less. I'm still a great fan of QL; I just don't use it for wallpaper changing. Incidentally, I think I've figured out why QL uses a bit more battery to do the same thing, but that's another story.

Another thing to consider is turning encryption and compression on your SD card off. Both require your CPU to do more work with every read or write operation. Compression is pretty pointless anyway for music, photo, or video files, which are already compressed by their own formats. The added compression for text files isn't going to make much difference with current SD card sizes, so I don't think it's worth it to make the CPU work harder. As for encryption, it all depends on how much you need it. I don't have anything top secret on my SD card, so I don't use it.
    hornlovah likes this.
    03-11-12 11:05 AM
    I have BB traffic and never have an issue with battery drain, even when I use it extensively during the day.
    03-11-12 11:34 AM
    Fancy Widgets was draining mine.
    You meant Fancy Smiley?
    07-27-12 05:11 PM
    1 - Install an OS that has the application resource monitor
    2 - Watch what apps it closes and notifies you about.
    07-27-12 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD