What's with the lack of decent apps for BlackBerry phones!!!??? It's really annoying me and making me jealous that iPhone users have more and better apps!
    02-15-12 01:14 PM
    what kind of specific apps are YOU looking for, because i have mostly all the apps that i want/need,
    to be productive on my blackberry's, so maybe you are not looking in the right way.
    if that's not like it, and you think iphone has it all then you should consider to try out a iphOOnezz.
    02-15-12 01:20 PM
    what kind of specific apps are YOU looking for, because i have mostly all the apps that i want/need,
    to be productive on my blackberry's, so maybe you are not looking in the right way.
    if that's not like it, and you think iphone has it all then you should consider to try out a iphOOnezz.

To be honest with you I've never ever complained about the lack of apps Blackberry's have when compared to iPhones but seriously I get bored quite often and iphones seem to have the right apps that eliminate boredom completely. I ain't going to iphones coz they're too expensive.
    sbx9900 likes this.
    02-15-12 01:24 PM
    Probably looking for a fat face app.
    Appworld has apps for most things and a free version of most of them.
    02-15-12 01:25 PM
    Probably looking for a fat face app.

Appworld has apps for most things and a free version of most of them.

But I bet you anything it's a poor quality app ??
    02-15-12 01:33 PM
    Why don't you find something productive to do like hang out with friends or something, heck go out and play ball or get a video game system.
    byul, wolfee48 and deezy87 like this.
    02-15-12 01:33 PM
    So what app are you looking for that isn't available for Blackberry?
    02-15-12 01:36 PM
    To be honest with you I've never ever complained about the lack of apps Blackberry's have when compared to iPhones but seriously I get bored quite often and iphones seem to have the right apps that eliminate boredom completely. I ain't going to iphones coz they're too expensive.
    PSP....
    10-char.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    02-15-12 01:40 PM
    well many apps on iphones are funfun i know, but i get bored of those apps quickly too.
    for me BB has the apps i need to be productive, i too have apps on my bb that are fun.
    but i don't use them often, because i have other things to do, maybe you are craving just too much about the apps.
    iphones has a immense amount of apps in all category's, you could try out a iphone.
    it's not expensive if you are looking in the right place you can just get a good one.
    02-15-12 01:41 PM
    List specific apps or style of app that you are looking for and I am sure someone here at CB can point you to something that is similar if not the same to satisfy you.
    02-15-12 01:47 PM
    I am so tired of people saying that iphone only has Game apps....it dosent...I tired a 9930 and there are a lot of apps I use everyday that ARENT games

Redbox has a APP for the iphone where you can find a movie, rent it and get directions to the redbox where you rented it all from the app

Instagram is a Wonderful app

Simply youth ministry is a app that I use to Study up on what I am speaking about in our Youth Group that sunday

My Keychain is a app that keeps all of my Cards to grocery stores, library and the such all on my phone, when I go to those stores I scan my phone and be done with it

Shop Savvy is a app that you can scan a item and see where it is cheaper, either close to you or online

Chase App lets you do mobile deposits no matter the model of phone

Shall I continue? OH and I never mentioned one game..
    02-15-12 01:58 PM
    Hmmm... BlackBerrys are not "toys" you know .... we use them to make calls - and to handle important meetings and memos....

You should have a gaming console instead of trying to put everything into one device.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    02-15-12 02:54 PM
    List specific apps or style of app that you are looking for and I am sure someone here at CB can point you to something that is similar if not the same to satisfy you.
    Yes, you have to be specific. Name an app and I'm sure BB has one unless it is a useless one. There are plenty of apps to suit your needs.

Hmmm... BlackBerrys are not "toys" you know .... we use them to make calls - and to handle important meetings and memos....

You should have a gaming console instead of trying to put everything into one device.
    Exactly, I have a handful of apps. Ok... maybe 2 handfuls. But they are all useful ones or utilities to make my device more enjoyable. If you wants toys... get a tablet.
    02-15-12 03:07 PM
    Lol! My grandson was over this weekend & had to show off his iPhone "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" app. I was surprised at the things that some people will waste their time on...but to each his own I guess....
    02-15-12 03:16 PM
    Look, guys... You are not doing BB any favor by putting down users, who want to do more with their device. If you preach that BB should only be able to do business stuff and they actually listen, you are helping to kill off BB!

iPhone IS catching up on the business part. We all know that. So as BB is losing that monopoly, they have to gain other market shares.

I am here using an iPhone 4S. Trying to learn, wondering if a 9900 is something I should buy, so I read a lot of threads like this one. Whenever someone pushes for BB to expand, renew, the buy-it meter goes up. Whenever someone else says BB is not a toy, don't try to make it an all-in-one device, I feel like BB is a sinking ship, for the reasons stated above.

Like I said, I am on a 4S writing this. Sold my Samsung Galaxy Note this past weekend and my Samsung S2 a few months ago. I am always looking for new devices to make my day better and now I think it is time to try the 9900. Having spent more than $2.000 on software and music on my iTunes account and not about to stop now, surely BB could use new costumers like me? I only wish the user base was asking more, more out of their devices, as it is the only way to make the big companies listen...
    nickkohlas, mssca, ky77 and 3 others like this.
    02-15-12 04:22 PM
    Why don't you find something productive to do like hang out with friends or something, heck go out and play ball or get a video game system.

I'm 19 years of age. I work part time at my local football stadium at a VIP steward. Of course I have productive things to do and I've also got a xbox 360 slim but games kinda bore me as it involves me staying at home.
    02-15-12 04:54 PM
    Yes, you have to be specific. Name an app and I'm sure BB has one unless it is a useless one. There are plenty of apps to suit your needs.

Exactly, I have a handful of apps. Ok... maybe 2 handfuls. But they are all useful ones or utilities to make my device more enjoyable. If you wants toys... get a tablet.

There are apps out there I know that are to everyones likings. I think I've just become restless as I used an iPhone today at the library and it annoys me at how seamless and smooth the UI is but I still love my bb bold 9900!!!
    02-15-12 04:56 PM
    Look, guys... You are not doing BB any favor by putting down users, who want to do more with their device. If you preach that BB should only be able to do business stuff and they actually listen, you are helping to kill off BB!

iPhone IS catching up on the business part. We all know that. So as BB is losing that monopoly, they have to gain other market shares.

I am here using an iPhone 4S. Trying to learn, wondering if a 9900 is something I should buy, so I read a lot of threads like this one. Whenever someone pushes for BB to expand, renew, the buy-it meter goes up. Whenever someone else says BB is not a toy, don't try to make it an all-in-one device, I feel like BB is a sinking ship, for the reasons stated above.

Like I said, I am on a 4S writing this. Sold my Samsung Galaxy Note this past weekend and my Samsung S2 a few months ago. I am always looking for new devices to make my day better and now I think it is time to try the 9900. Having spent more than $2.000 on software and music on my iTunes account and not about to stop now, surely BB could use new costumers like me? I only wish the user base was asking more, more out of their devices, as it is the only way to make the big companies listen...

What you stay is true. BB's have good and bad points. To be honest with you there are apps that are useful and there are apps that are useless. I think you should definitely try out the 9900 bold even though battery life is quite poor if not used properly.
    02-15-12 05:02 PM
    There are apps out there I know that are to everyones likings. I think I've just become restless as I used an iPhone today at the library and it annoys me at how seamless and smooth the UI is but I still love my bb bold 9900!!!
    Don't get too restless. Half my family are iOS criminals. They swear up and down about them... but the funny thing about is that each one is one their 2nd or 3rd one in a year. And I don't mean upgrades, replacements. So yes we can argue there are BB users that have had replacements. But, I've had different devices over 3 or 4 years and not one of them has ever had to be replaced. I decided to upgrade.

I'm pretty familiar with the UI and how they work. Nothing special to me. OS7 does it for me.
    02-15-12 05:06 PM
    When I had blackberry they didnt have Netflix , redbox, xbl app, blackboard app, and all the games
    02-15-12 05:23 PM
    There is a difference between APPS and useless junk. BlackBerrys have a lot of apps, and some are executed very well. If you are talking about OS or GAMES/useless things such as the fat face thing or changing your voice, then maybe you should pay the extra money to get these things. Many people say they get bored or just flat out don't like the BlackBerry interface but you have to work with what you got. I personally LOVE my 9900 but I'm not going to lie, I used to have an iPhone 4 and boy was I in love with it.. But I prefer the 9900 just because I love the keyboard and having it there. There are pros and cons with every phone, no matter what. People will always gloat about their phone or complain about it. Maybe you should've considered the options before getting a BlackBerry. In my opinion, BlackBerry DOES (better, having a keyboard and all) while iPhone ENTERTAINS (with the countless amount of apps).
    Last edited by nickkohlas; 02-15-12 at 05:29 PM.
    02-15-12 05:27 PM
    Okay, let's take your list of apps against a quick search of BlackBerry App World:

Redbox has a APP for the iphone where you can find a movie, rent it and get directions to the redbox where you rented it all from the app >> BB has a BlockBuster app that does the same.

Instagram is a Wonderful app >> On BB, it's called InstaPhoto

Simply youth ministry is a app that I use to Study up on what I am speaking about in our Youth Group that sunday >> Simply Youth Ministry has a conference app, and there are also a bunch of other content apps available.

My Keychain is a app that keeps all of my Cards to grocery stores, library and the such all on my phone, when I go to those stores I scan my phone and be done with it>> For BB, it's KeyRing

Shop Savvy is a app that you can scan a item and see where it is cheaper, either close to you or online >> BlB has UPC PriceCheck and Scan&Save

Chase App lets you do mobile deposits no matter the model of phone >> BB has Chase Mobile

Got any more?
    wolfee48, ILUMINATIUNDEAD and drum like this.
    02-15-12 05:49 PM
    I'm a happy BB user and have been for a long time. I presently have about 30 apps and a number of themes on my 9900. At least 25 of the Apps I have were free, and another 3 were free in December. The apps I have cross many categories and are terrific. Naturally, I'm curious and tempted to explore more. I accept the fact that BB doesn't have a million apps, However, the only app that I would really like to see in the BB world is Skype. We know that Dev's see bigger $$ returns with Apple and Android apps. It seems like RIM is working in the right direction on that though. It will likely take a successful BB10 to make that a reality though.
    02-15-12 09:04 PM
    I agree with the OP. RIM should do more to get more apps or die not doing so because the modern market is based on consumers who need apps. WHERE IS my Dictionary.com official app for OS 7.1? Why so many companies drop support for their official BB apps?

Those of you who are critical of the OP's POV must be living in the RIM's narrow minded world, not in real world.
    Thunderbuck and SOTK like this.
    02-15-12 09:09 PM
    Okay, let's take your list of apps against a quick search of BlackBerry App World:

Redbox has a APP for the iphone where you can find a movie, rent it and get directions to the redbox where you rented it all from the app >> BB has a BlockBuster app that does the same. (your joking right? blockbuster kiosks have been bought by redbox..and the stores are closing very fast, in fact in my area there are 0 blockbusters and 10 redboxes within 5 miles)

Instagram is a Wonderful app >> On BB, it's called InstaPhoto ( you can upload and look at instagram photos?)

Simply youth ministry is a app that I use to Study up on what I am speaking about in our Youth Group that sunday >> Simply Youth Ministry has a conference app, and there are also a bunch of other content apps available. (not what I was talking about at all...here ya go : App Store - Live Curriculum)

My Keychain is a app that keeps all of my Cards to grocery stores, library and the such all on my phone, when I go to those stores I scan my phone and be done with it>> For BB, it's KeyRing Yet another knock off....I am talking about the ACTUAL My keychain app.

Shop Savvy is a app that you can scan a item and see where it is cheaper, either close to you or online >> BlB has UPC PriceCheck and Scan&Save Another Knock off, see above...Shop Savvy is voted one of the best shopping apps.

Chase App lets you do mobile deposits no matter the model of phone >> BB has Chase Mobile GO ahead and do a mobile deposit on your 9930

Got any more?
    Sure how about GROCERY IQ...

I am not saying blackberries are bad...but PLEASE dont even think that you can hold a conversation about apps...I am sure you can find knock off apps and wanna be apps, just like you can find knock off blackberries...dosent mean you want to use them right? There are a ton of apps that are on android, ios and even windows now (heck most of the ones I listed here are on there, or have a verison in development) why not blackberry? Lets stop bashing each other and get some of these companies to develop for blackberry.
    02-15-12 10:40 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD