There is an Application listed as optional called net_rim_bb_qm_peer_catalyst_impl

I was wondering what its purpose is and whether or not I can delete it. Also under the Applications folder, how do you get rid of the all the bloatware like Vlingo, Wikitude, City ID, etc.

Thanks
    12-06-11 04:19 PM
    Could be wrong, but I believe that enables BBM connected apps. Either way, with the memory on your Torch, I wouldn't worry about one file, though the worst thing that could happen is you'd need to reinstall BBM.

The other "bloatware", unless it appears in your application list, where you can easily delete it, is simply an icon linking you to the download for the app. I have a folder created called "Hidden", and all those go in there, then I simply hide the folder.
    12-06-11 04:42 PM
    Sorry I should've updated my profile with device reading: 9900. Thanks for the input, I have the icons hidden as well but they reappear every time service books are resent. I was hoping for a more permanent, maintenance-free solution.

so the net_rim_bb_qm_peer_catalyst_impl shouldn't be deleted?
    12-06-11 05:14 PM
    The file is only 3Kb in size. I fail to see the point in deleting it.

For the bloatware, see this.
    12-06-11 05:25 PM
    The file is only 3Kb in size. I fail to see the point in deleting it.

For the bloatware, see this. It is the same one I described.
    12-06-11 05:25 PM
    Speaking of apps you don't recognize.....

Do either of you know what the BlackBerry Device Analyzer does?
    It has 2 modules: net_rim_bb_device_analyzer_lib and one ending with _ui.
    It's also listed under Applications on my phone and I can't find much to tell what it is, does, or if I can delete it.

(Sorry if this is too much off topic, but I thought since the thread was looking at apps and all that weren't known that I might get lucky here.)
    12-06-11 09:20 PM
    If it ends in UI it should have a user interface somewhere.
    12-06-11 10:23 PM
    If it ends in UI it should have a user interface somewhere.
    Do you know how I could find this? Nothing comes up on the phone when I do a search for "analyzer" or "device analyzer". I know others told me it wasn't on their older BBs but it's on my 9900.

And sorry for my lack of knowledge. I tried looking for more info but it wasn't easy finding anything.
    12-07-11 12:20 PM
    You shouldn't have any net_rim files listed seperately in your application list. Have ya'll been doing something to the OS since receiving the phone, or is that the way it came from the factory?

I can recommend do a proper OS upgrade. I can recommend using http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...s-tool-579729/ to remove files before installing the OS. I do not however recommend you delete loose files in your application list, unless you are positive you know what you're doing.
    12-07-11 03:01 PM
    BigBadWulf,

The files I listed are both under "BlackBerry Device Analyzer" in the app list. Since the op posted the net_rim file, I though it may have been helpful to list it off under mine also.

I can't seem to find much info about the Device Analyzer though - is there a benefit for the user or is it just for professionals to help them figure out what is wrong with the phone, etc? Is it okay to delete or is it doing nothing anyway if I don't do anything?

Sorry to be confusing.
    12-07-11 10:41 PM
    BigBadWulf,

The files I listed are both under "BlackBerry Device Analyzer" in the app list. Since the op posted the net_rim file, I though it may have been helpful to list it off under mine also.

I can't seem to find much info about the Device Analyzer though - is there a benefit for the user or is it just for professionals to help them figure out what is wrong with the phone, etc? Is it okay to delete or is it doing nothing anyway if I don't do anything?

Sorry to be confusing.
    Saw your thread, so you know as much as I do about it. I'd delete it, since hardly anyone has it, and no information can be found of it's application. I would presume it to be some internal app, but that's just a guess. Does it show it's ever run?
    12-08-11 11:33 AM
    My phone lists that it's never been used. I think I'll take your advice and just delete it then. It'll free up 313.4 KB of room and I can always reload the os if it ever comes up that I need it, I guess. It's just strange that there's not really any info about it that I can find.

EDIT: Okay. Just went in to try and delete it, but there is no option available to delete it apparently. Hmmmmm.......so much for that!
    Last edited by ShoshiOne; 12-08-11 at 03:36 PM.
    12-08-11 03:32 PM
    My phone lists that it's never been used. I think I'll take your advice and just delete it then. It'll free up 313.4 KB of room and I can always reload the os if it ever comes up that I need it, I guess. It's just strange that there's not really any info about it that I can find.

EDIT: Okay. Just went in to try and delete it, but there is no option available to delete it apparently. Hmmmmm.......so much for that!
    You could use a program to access and remove the files, but considering the size and fact that it's never run, I wouldn't be concerned. If you really want it gone though, BBHTool, BBMCP, BBSAK and a couple others will do it. Just be careful you only delete the files listed in that app. While there are a ton of files safe to remove, something tiny and innocent looking can nuke your BlackBerry easily.
    12-09-11 10:37 AM
    Thanks for the input, I have the icons hidden as well but they reappear every time service books are resent.
    Are you deleting the icons you don't want, or hiding them? If you delete them, they will come back when service books are sent. If you hide them, they won't come back when service books are sent. Make sure you hide the icons, not delete them. Note: to properly hide the icons, they must be put into a folder (unhidden) and then hide only the folder. Hidden icons do not stay hidden after a reboot but hidden folders do.
    12-09-11 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD