How much app memory you guys still have? I am already down to 50 MB (have 25 odd 3rd party apps). I presume some of it will be from cached data from different applications like facebook, twitter, browser, etc but its worrying to think I can only install another 10 15 apps. What's eating up all the space?
    Edit: it usually varies between 50 - 60 MB
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sid_prasher; 09-29-11 at 12:18 AM.
    09-29-11 12:10 AM
    A lot of the application memory seems to be taken by the graphics card to accommodate for the extra speed.

But you can actually give yourself a bit more by deleting the Media Files Via BBSAK.
    09-29-11 12:13 AM
    A lot of the application memory seems to be taken by the graphics card to accommodate for the extra speed.

But you can actually give yourself a bit more by deleting the Media Files Via BBSAK.
    Oh yes, I forgot abt BBSAK. Thanks for the tip!

09-29-11 12:19 AM
    Currently 234.9 MB free. -0.5MB after 5 hours. 24 apps installed including VVM and VAD.

09-29-11 12:28 AM
    How much app memory you guys still have? I am already down to 50 MB (have 25 odd 3rd party apps). I presume some of it will be from cached data from different applications like facebook, twitter, browser, etc but its worrying to think I can only install another 10 15 apps. What's eating up all the space?
    Edit: it usually varies between 50 - 60 MB
    i have around 186 MB now, i only install SocialScope,what's app,blackbery protect,foursquare,fancy character, camera mute and leave it on
    09-29-11 12:28 AM
    i have around 186 MB now, i only install SocialScope,what's app,blackbery protect,foursquare,fancy character, camera mute and leave it on
    Camera Mute actually works for you?

I'm roughly at 171MB with a 46MB loss since boot... looks like the browser is a hogging mofo.
    09-29-11 09:53 AM
    225mb, with only a handful of apps loaded. I don't use very many apps. Facebook, Twitter, Protect, Dropbox, Foursquare, Google Maps, Scoremobile... I usually sit between 224-225 without much loss at all.
    09-29-11 11:10 AM
    210 mb free +- 1 mb , around 20 apps installed ,on os.7.0.0.353
    09-29-11 11:50 AM
    ...I currently have 208.2 mb free and have apparently lost 0.7 mb since start up (around 10 1/2 hours) - at least, that's what MeterBerry is telling me!
    09-29-11 12:24 PM
    I have 149.1mb free

Installed Apps
    Facebook
    Twitter
    TuneIn Radio
    BBM Music
    Google Maps
    Protect
    Flixter

Not sure if I'm losing anything, I don't think so /:
    09-29-11 12:37 PM
    How do you guys have over 200? I started off at 186 and its not even a contract phone. Is it through removing the junk media files?

09-29-11 01:54 PM
    its through deleting the extra stuff on your phone such as the extra languages etc the easiest way to delete them is to plug ur 9900 into your computer opening desktop manager as they have options in the applications section to delete the extra language

to do with losing application memory as many people point out your blackberry will cache information such as your Facebook feed and websites this is then stored in the application memory
    09-29-11 02:01 PM
    How do you guys have over 200? I started off at 186 and its not even a contract phone. Is it through removing the junk media files?

I removed all the language packs, and applications that I would never use. When I got my 9930 I couldn't believe how much stuff was preloaded on there. Every IM app available, plus a bunch of other junk. Heck, I even deleted Social Feeds because I never use it... Then I plugged it into DM and removed all the language stuff that doesn't come off when you simply delete the language pack.
    09-29-11 02:15 PM

I am curious which media files you were referring to?
    09-29-11 02:18 PM
    Start off with 205mb, thats with social feeds and other junk deleted off ie lang packs and the messenger apps...only use whatsapp other than BBM.

So far after about 3 hrs of doing a reboot im currently at 0.8mb loss... i noticed last week that in the space of 5 days i had lost about 70mb ...which i was a bit concerned about...ended up doing a battery pull and found i had an app error 200 so had to reload my OS....now it seems fine
    09-29-11 02:22 PM
    At 221 free right now, around 224 at boot yesterday morning. Used Shrink-A-Os from BBH Tools to remove tons of junk when I loaded the .353 leak.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-29-11 02:26 PM
    Removed languages and a bunch of bloatware. Have Wikitude, Beweather, My Vz and Xsms. Deleted a huge amount of preloaded Pdf's from Docs to Go. Have around 232mb at fresh boot.

09-29-11 02:39 PM
    Removed languages and a bunch of bloatware. Have Wikitude, Beweather, My Vz and Xsms. Deleted a huge amount of preloaded Pdf's from Docs to Go. Have around 232mb at fresh boot.

Holy. Crap. I just went into Docs To Go and saw all of those PDF's. Man, there are a TON of them in there too. I just got done deleting all of them. Didn't really change my available memory, I'm assuming that all those files were stored directly to the internal media memory, not the device flash memory. Still, those were a ton of files!
    09-29-11 03:02 PM
    Anyone know the name of the preloaded media files on OS 7? I haven't been able to figure them out, so I still have the preloaded walls, etc.. I think they've changed the name of the media cod again.

I used BB Boss to shrink OS&.0.0.353 down to about 65MB pre-install.
    09-29-11 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD