BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 vs Apple iPhone 4 - Comparison - Know Your Mobile

This article is pretty funny when comparing the new Bold 9900 to the iPhone 4.

Fanboy article or truth?
    05-16-11 04:59 PM
    not even close to the same phones
    article redundant
    05-16-11 05:02 PM
    Is this some kind of sick joke?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-11 05:05 PM
    Lol, that site must really need traffic. What a stupid comparison.
    05-16-11 05:26 PM
    Lets compare the Bold 9900 to the RAZR.
    05-16-11 05:36 PM
    but half the iphone screen gets taken up by a virtual keyboard so whats the difference?
    and stick a 32gb card in the blackberry and youve more memory than most varients..
    i hate apple.. they bring out a new iphone every year that does nothing that the older ones dont.. just an excuse to make you upgrade.
    i left apple, joined htc.. when i should have gone back to blackberry... its not a contest in my eyes, your either a blackerry man (or woman) or someone just following the masses
    05-16-11 05:53 PM
    Only the ignorant purchase phones based upon specifications alone. Any phone will have its advantages. I use both regulary (BB torch and iPhone 4) and have different needs for each. I cannot say one excels over the other in the majority of areas.

I too found that the article feel short. The author was trying to perform a spec comparision and obviously deemed the superior of the two in any category to be the winner despite the fact that the features are similiar. I bet you the vast majority of users have no idea how to use of all but the shutter release in the camera function.

Visual style: personal preference. I think the Bold line ( really the 9000 ) is classy. The iPhone 4 is nice to look at too. Keyboard styles. Again personal preference.

Storage: You need more space for all of your crap apps. I bet BB users has less applications because there is a need, not want, for any particular application. Sure its neat to use my iphone as a remote control, but do I really need this?
    Last edited by CUNAZ; 05-16-11 at 06:24 PM.
    05-16-11 06:22 PM
    I love the qwerty keyboard of the BlackBerry, but my contract with Sprint is ending June 07th and I have demo'd the Evo, Evo Shift, Storm 2(world's worst smartphone) and the iphone4...and IF I where to get a full touchscreen, it'd be an iphone4 hands down...it's VERY user friendly and the resolution is amazing! I have the Curve 8330 and have been waiting AND waiting for RIM to come out with just at least a comparable device to keep me with BlackBerry, and even though in my opinion the Bold 9900/9930 should have at the least been released around the holidays 2010 or to spar with the Verizon iphone4 in March, seriously! This is utter BS that a device that should have been out by NOW, might not be avaiable until mid-August and all we crackberry people can do is gush over WAITING! And watch while 935 Playbooks are recalled from Staples! Seriously...some of you are like the band that keeps playing on the Titanic while it slowly sinks...at least have some B**ls and call this a failure if the Bold is not released before the end of June.

05-16-11 06:48 PM
    Like a broken record

Do us all a favour lefty... go buy an iPhone!

05-16-11 06:57 PM
    While u wait and wait for an outdated device...u LOVE BlackBerry that much to just wait and wait and not even once think that the reason Androids and iphones are kicking RIM's a** is they actually WANT customers...seriously there Philly boy, what has RIM done spectacular in the last year? NOTHING! And again, I LIKE BlackBerry and WANT one...but DAMN! What friggin' year? Oooh oooh! QNX is coming...1 1/2 year from NOW. Stop kissin ROM a** so much and you'll see the big picture.

05-16-11 07:15 PM
    I like the part where they say that the Bold's processor is faster "but in actual use there's not much difference"!
    The interesting this is we KNOW this is spurious as they've not used a Bold 9900. But I would suggest that this review is not much different from most reviews of recent Blackberry products, the reviewer is simply ignorant of the device and rabbits on clueless pro apple bs.
    05-16-11 07:19 PM
    This thread went downhill in record time...

05-16-11 07:24 PM
    I'm sorry for my outburst, but I'm looking at all this from a common sense perspective, NOT just RIM/BlackBerry is great NO matter what they do attitude that some have on here, like lemmings to the sea. When its all said and done, at least here in the US, we get a device, sign a 2yr contract with our carrier and hope we made a good purchase. Owning a BlackBerry isn't being an indentured servent, it's just one of many platforms that many carriers have...somtimes you have to step back from all the hooplah of BlackBerry, iphone and Androids and relize...these are JUST smartphones! Not adopted children and again, to make this perfectly clear, I love having a BlackBerry, if I didn't, I'd have switched to an Evo LAST year, but above all else, I'm a consumer with the abiltiy to CHOOSE.

dancing-bass likes this.
    05-16-11 07:52 PM
    but half the iphone screen gets taken up by a virtual keyboard so whats the difference?
    and stick a 32gb card in the blackberry and youve more memory than most varients..
    i hate apple.. they bring out a new iphone every year that does nothing that the older ones dont.. just an excuse to make you upgrade.
    i left apple, joined htc.. when i should have gone back to blackberry... its not a contest in my eyes, your either a blackerry man (or woman) or someone just following the masses
    Ok, let's not become one of them....I think the iphone 4 is a great device for some. It just plain works, is very easy to use and understand, and looks pretty good to boot. The latest version brought an amazing display, facetime and multitasking, sort of. The 3GS brought huge speed increases and much greater storage capacities. They aren't just releasing the same old iphone 1st gen with a new name.

With that said, I can't stand any fanboy, even the word fanboy grates on my nerves. Each smartphone platform is good at something and its great to have so many choices. I used to be a bb fanboy, then discovered ios, webos and android. I guess now I'm just a smartphone fanboy (sorry), and I will always pick the device and platform that works best for me. I would never unequivocally state one platform is better for everyone, because none are best at everything.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk
    05-16-11 07:53 PM
    Ok, let's not become one of them....I think the iphone 4 is a great device for some. It just plain works, is very easy to use and understand, and looks pretty good to boot. The latest version brought an amazing display, facetime and multitasking, sort of. The 3GS brought huge speed increases and much greater storage capacities. They aren't just releasing the same old iphone 1st gen with a new name.

With that said, I can't stand any fanboy, even the word fanboy grates on my nerves. Each smartphone platform is good at something and its great to have so many choices. I used to be a bb fanboy, then discovered ios, webos and android. I guess now I'm just a smartphone fanboy (sorry), and I will always pick the device and platform that works best for me. I would never unequivocally state one platform is better for everyone, because none are best at everything.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk
    AMEN! I wish the Bold 9900/9930 was available right now, I'm sure Howard Stern(who had a Bold he chose over an iphone) would seriously coming back to a BlackBerry, but since the release date is "whenever?" He'll stay content with his iphone4...kinda funny, Stern was a BlackBerry hero on here for 2yrs until this year seeing NO RIM advance in BlackBerry devices, he jumped to a Droid2 then to an iphone. Imagine IF the Bold 9900/9930 was available in March? Again, Howard Stern like every common sense person is a CONSUMER!

05-16-11 08:43 PM
    Lefty, the iPhone 4 is a great device. I have one but rarely use it. I use my Bold 9780 about 90% of the time. It all comes down to what you want. After trying the Bold Touch last week first hand I wouldnt jump to the iPhone so fast. The Bold Touch is something i have been waiting for. If you can hold off a little longer I would wait and compare cause the Bold is pretty sweet. Don't rush things. I did and have a pretty expensive Apple device just sitting there
    Blacksalim and Iwant9650 like this.
    05-16-11 09:17 PM
    Lefty, the iPhone 4 is a great device. I have one but rarely use it. I use my Bold 9780 about 90% of the time. It all comes down to what you want. After trying the Bold Touch last week first hand I wouldnt jump to the iPhone so fast. The Bold Touch is something i have been waiting for. If you can hold off a little longer I would wait and compare cause the Bold is pretty sweet. Don't rush things. I did and have a pretty expensive Apple device just sitting there
    Thank you, I appriciate the fact, you have at least have an iphone4 and a BlackBerry and giving me common sense opinion. I want a 9930, like you, I think it's a sweet device, but if RIM does not get it out soon, to me, it shows almost an arrogancy to me, a valued BlackBerry customer for 2yrs and hopefully 2 more years, that they can dangle a carrot (9930) and we just sit back and applaude the "great" marketing of making us wait. I have been waiting VERY patiently and hope the 9930 is out by the end of June, which is very ok with me

05-16-11 09:39 PM
    While u wait and wait for an outdated device...u LOVE BlackBerry that much to just wait and wait and not even once think that the reason Androids and iphones are kicking RIM's a** is they actually WANT customers...seriously there Philly boy, what has RIM done spectacular in the last year? NOTHING! And again, I LIKE BlackBerry and WANT one...but DAMN! What friggin' year? Oooh oooh! QNX is coming...1 1/2 year from NOW. Stop kissin ROM a** so much and you'll see the big picture.

IF YOU HAVE TO COME TO A BlackBerry site and FORCE others to FOLLOW neo-extremist Stave Jobs, I DON'T THINK YOU ARE EDUCATED ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND WHAT BLACKBERRIES ARE ALL ABOUT.

GET OUT OF CRACKBERRY AND GO EAT THE **** OF STEVE JOBS.
    05-16-11 10:40 PM
    Yeah, its funny that it states that its a better processor, but still is a draw with the iPhone. As for the OS, I can say, as for all the OS' out there for phones, I believe that the iPhone OS is still the best. I couldn't say with OS7 because I haven't tested it yet. OS7 looks promising though. Another thing is the form factor, how can you say the form is better when that is user preference. It is not fact. Then again, the whole article is opinion. So like everything else in these Bold 9900/9930 threads/articles, take the info with a grain of salt. That's because to me, You won't know something 100% until it is official.
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    05-17-11 02:40 AM
    IF YOU HAVE TO COME TO A BlackBerry site and FORCE others to FOLLOW neo-extremist Stave Jobs, I DON'T THINK YOU ARE EDUCATED ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND WHAT BLACKBERRIES ARE ALL ABOUT.

GET OUT OF CRACKBERRY AND GO EAT THE **** OF STEVE JOBS.
    I'm not following anyone, and i'm not praising the iphone, if you're educated enough and read what I've said, above all else, I'm a consumer. Wonderus thing about the free market, you have the money, you are able to purchase whatever device you like. again you're missing the point entirely...it's not about the Steve Jobs and iphone, it's about RIM not keeping up with technology.
    05-17-11 06:05 AM
    I'm not following anyone, and i'm not praising the iphone, if you're educated enough and read what I've said, above all else, I'm a consumer. Wonderus thing about the free market, you have the money, you are able to purchase whatever device you like. again you're missing the point entirely...it's not about the Steve Jobs and iphone, it's about RIM not keeping up with technology.
    What I mean to say by "educated enough" is NOT a degree based education where you go to school. What I mean by that is, just look around... iPhone and Apple Inc is taking over the world. I don't want my government to tell me what I can do and what I cannot do... but one day if everyone buy a phone from Apple, Apple Inc will have more control over us than our own government.

To prevent a similar monopolies like Microsoft did to computer industry, I will stay away from Apple for good.

The BlackBerry also offer many good things for some users... for example, the physical keyboard, and battery life.

Also, look in to Android phones, because at least Android phones are made by many different companies and monopolizing the market is kind of hard to do (except, Google get most money)

I don't like limited feature of BlackBerry either, but I know that facts of controlling the industry. (that's what I mean by "educated") Sorry, if I offended you...

You sounds like an Apple fanboy. Anyway, all the best with whatever the phone you choose.
    05-17-11 02:41 PM
    I'm NOT a Apple fanboy, give me the Bold 9930 and let me test drive it and pretty sure I'll stay a BB fanboy...but again, arrogantly waiting until mid-August? And as for this conspiresy of Apple/Android taking over smartphones, and BlackBerry the underdog hero who'll keep them from overtaking our freedom as we know it...No one talked of RIM taking over smartphones in 2007-2008...technology, like the economy is VERY cyclical...in 5yrs from now they'll be some other platform that will overtake Android or iphone...and in the end, even with fantasic marketing, the consumer IS the determining factor.

mssca likes this.
    05-17-11 03:51 PM
    I'm NOT a Apple fanboy, give me the Bold 9930 and let me test drive it and pretty sure I'll stay a BB fanboy...but again, arrogantly waiting until mid-August? And as for this conspiresy of Apple/Android taking over smartphones, and BlackBerry the underdog hero who'll keep them from overtaking our freedom as we know it...No one talked of RIM taking over smartphones in 2007-2008...technology, like the economy is VERY cyclical...in 5yrs from now they'll be some other platform that will overtake Android or iphone...and in the end, even with fantasic marketing, the consumer IS the determining factor.

You are right on that so I gave you thanks. Do you know that some Japanese phone maskers have come up with many good devices and yet, people don't seem to notice them?
    05-17-11 04:14 PM
    Funny and stupid comparison. Both phones are completely different in their own way.

05-17-11 10:52 PM
    This article SCREAMS! bias. The categories selected are ludicrous and aren't proper way's to compare the two devices. As others have mentioned the processor category is hilarious. They distinctly state the BoldTouches processor is superior, but give it a draw based off of "actual use", which they can't validate considering the device isn't even in public use yet. Wow guys, really? What an awful comparison, not only on context, but actual writing ability. Is Paul Briden a 9th grader, or just awful at his job? After clearly stating the cameras are basically the same in quality, the software allows for focus and face detection, etc, but gave it to the iphone for the front facing camera. Way to compare apples to oranges there bud. If you're going to compare the iPhone to the BoldTouch, and use nonsense, all you are doing is making yourself look stupid. Good job there Paul Briden.
    05-18-11 11:47 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD