View Poll Results: What platform are you using with your BB

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use a PC with my Blackberry

18 36.00%
  • I use a Mac with my Blackberry

37 74.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Not sure how many of you are out there using a Mac but like the BB as a mobile device.

I started with BB years ago, went to the Iphone and missed my BB. Now I am back with my 9900 and freaking loving it. My issue is I don't use a gmail address, I use an me.com or an AT&T email address. I bring that up because with the iphone it was easy to sync my Ipad, Iphone and Mac with MobileMe, I notice a lot of people use gmail with the BB. The problem with gmail for me is no matter how hard I try and how many blogs I read, gmail duplicates all my contacts.

So I was just wondering how many people like me are using the BB while using a mac. Or is most people using a pc with their BB.
    08-22-11 09:26 PM
    Just got a brand new MacBookPro for college, but have been using Macs since I was a kid!

Blackberry desktop manager for Mac actually works really well for me. Syncs my iTunes music and iPhoto albums perfectly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 09:38 PM
    I use a MacBook Pro at home. Love it. I also have a Toshiba laptop for when I want to upgrade with leaked OS's. (Mac's DM still can't do it. grrrr....).
    BerryDiva and Jake Storm like this.
    08-22-11 09:41 PM
    wow, the world is not so lonely after all. Thought I was one of the few who actually used my BB with my Mac.
    08-22-11 09:46 PM
    i use a mac only for syncing music and pics to my bb... otherwise my pc does the os installs and such.
    08-22-11 09:48 PM
    Quick question. When I sync my BB with the mac DM I use to replace all entries on my BB. After I do that once, can I then enter things into the BB and on future syncs just merge? Or does that cause a slew of duplicate entries like it use to. Anyone do this?
    08-24-11 08:09 AM
    Quick question. When I sync my BB with the mac DM I use to replace all entries on my BB. After I do that once, can I then enter things into the BB and on future syncs just merge? Or does that cause a slew of duplicate entries like it use to. Anyone do this?
    That's why I hate the Music syncing feature on the BlackBerry. I just copy the songs manually
    08-24-11 08:29 AM
    Im on mac an everything works fine
    08-24-11 04:20 PM
    Im on mac an everything works fine
    When you sync, do you merge info or replace all info on the BB on each sync?
    08-24-11 06:19 PM
    I use a MacBook Pro at home. Love it. I also have a Toshiba laptop for when I want to upgrade with leaked OS's. (Mac's DM still can't do it. grrrr....).
    Same here. I go back and forth between my MacBook Pro and Dell. Actually, now for the most part I go back and forth between my MacBook Pro and my MacBook Pro since I partitioned the drive and installed Windows.
    08-24-11 06:42 PM
    Same here. I go back and forth between my MacBook Pro and Dell. Actually, now for the most part I go back and forth between my MacBook Pro and my MacBook Pro since I partitioned the drive and installed Windows.
    Ahhh.... maybe I need to do that! A nice project for the weekend.
    08-24-11 06:50 PM
    I have a MBP and I run Win7 on it so technically I am using my BB9930 on both a Mac and Windows. Just depends on what I am using, BBSAK or not.
    08-24-11 09:14 PM
    As soon as ATT gets the 9900 (who the **** knows if/when that's happening) and I can drop my Nexus One I'll once again be using DM on a Mac... It's great for everything besides installing new OS's, but once they get that function in (same as for the 9900 lol) it'll be perfect
    08-24-11 09:42 PM
    I think the title of your thread is going to get you skewed results
    08-24-11 09:52 PM
    Unfortunately, I had to buy a netbook just so I could upgrade leaked OS's.
    08-25-11 02:10 AM
    Hmm I confound this poll. I'm on my Macbook Pro and I use OS X to sync music and such but I reboot into Bootcamp for windows to do full backups and to load a new OS. Hmm choices....choices...
    08-25-11 10:15 AM
    The blackberry desktop manager for mac does everything I need and doesn't feel like a cut down version just to keep us sensible mac users happy.

It backs all my data up, I also use blackberry protect just to sync my contacts and what not.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-25-11 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD