The answer to this is probably a big no, but I figured I'd put it out there. My 9930 has bricked on my 3x now (that's another story) and each time I've had to go back to my 9650 while I await fedex with new 9930, I find that I LOVE my old calendar and hate the new one.

-Matt
    12-12-11 08:10 AM
    There is no way to put OS 6 calendar on OS 7.

Sorry.

What is it you do not like?
    12-12-11 08:25 AM
    I can't hit space bar to move forward a day at a time

I have to go to agenda view to see all my entries for a day because if I have multiple overlapping calendar entries, it doesn't stack them up in "d"aily view as it does in OS6. It squishes them to the point they can't be read.

Really long calendar entries are not shown in their entirety, I think they're only given one line, maybe two (I can't look and see right now, because the phone is toast).

There's nothing about the OS7 calendar that I actually like better.
    12-12-11 08:32 AM
    I can't hit space bar to move forward a day at a time
    Swipe across the screen with your finger.
    12-12-11 08:36 AM
    yup, that works. Not nearly as fast as space barring through a bunch of days though. Loved the space bar. Now, the space bar in daily view just scrolls down that day, which leads me to another issue that I'd forgotten...:

The other BIG thing that I don't like and forgot to list and I'm sure others have noticed. Used to be that if you went to options and defined hours of the day as 7am-5pm, those are the only hours that would appear on the calendar. NOW, if you enter those, it will still show all of the hours of the day. 12a-12p! Seems crazy to me and it's easy to miss things when you're using the Daily view, which is what has pushed me to the agenda view. So that's 4 reasons I'm not too hot on the new calendar. Love the phone though
    12-12-11 08:42 AM
    There were similar complaints about the calendar during the OS5 -> BB6 transition. Is there a third-party alternative?
    12-12-11 08:45 AM
    I've searched, haven't seen anything trying to copy the old cal.
    12-12-11 08:47 AM
    I agree too, I hate how you can select the start and end hours to display, yet the hours outside of this *still* display. *What* is the purpose of this setting if the calendar still shows them anyways?

Also, I don't like how when you have multiple entries (close in times) they are put more side by side in a lateral fashion then being able to "stack" them on top of each other.

It almost seems like RIM made the calendar worse and yes, I previously had the 8330, so I'm prefering the old calender style like many others on here. Maybe a software update can fix this in the future? Who knows......

But hey, I still love my 9930! Great phone!
    12-12-11 11:51 AM
    The other BIG thing that I don't like and forgot to list and I'm sure others have noticed. Used to be that if you went to options and defined hours of the day as 7am-5pm, those are the only hours that would appear on the calendar. NOW, if you enter those, it will still show all of the hours of the day. 12a-12p! Seems crazy to me and it's easy to miss things when you're using the Daily view, which is what has pushed me to the agenda view. So that's 4 reasons I'm not too hot on the new calendar. Love the phone though
    If you meant that it shows free time in Agenda view, you can go into the options for the calendar and untick "Show Free Time in Agenda View".
    12-12-11 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD