Just bought a 9930 and it has a creaky Space Bar. It seems to work but is there anything to be concerned about?
    11-26-11 01:09 PM
    mine has a creaky 'back' button lol nothing to be corcerned about but its annoying. I suggest you ask them to replace it and give you a better one
    11-26-11 01:20 PM
    Unless it's noticeably loud, meaning you can hear it even over a TV or radio at normal volume, it's normal to have buttons like this, it's just the nature of plastic rubbing against plastic. My back buttons does it, but it did it on my 9780 as well, doesn't really bug me.
    beantown85 likes this.
    11-26-11 03:02 PM
    my back button is pretty squeeky, dont see why it would be an issue
    11-26-11 03:33 PM
    All three of my 9930's had creaks and clicks when I would type on them.
    11-26-11 03:59 PM
    Send it back. I had a unit that had some creaky keys. For the amount of $ we pay, nothing should creak or squeak

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-11 09:14 AM
    Send it back. I had a unit that had some creaky keys. For the amount of $ we pay, nothing should creak or squeak

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That's expecting a bit much. What you pay for this device isn't all that much, If you want something made to 100% perfection, go buy a fine watch, it'll set you back $1300+ on average for something of real quality. Even my 27 inch iMac has a creaky power button, and I paid $1900 for this computer. Did I demand an exchange? No.

We're talking about a product that is produced hundreds of thousands of times over in just hours, these "creaks" that you say are worth a return/exchange are probably not audible over the noise in the factory that produces these devices.
    11-27-11 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD