my bold 9930 when i got it it seemed super fast now when i use it it seems very slow and laggy i barely have any apps installed hardly any apps running in the background for example when i unlock my phone to enter the password it would take a good two seconds for the password screen to load up and it would take another two seconds for me to go from app to app or to even load up a messaging screen
    10-22-11 06:20 PM
    If it doesn't improve after a battery pull, then just wipe the OS and start over again. This WILL improve the performance. After a certain period of time, BB's will slow down, this is inherent in the OS, how memory is handled, etc...

Pretty easy fix. I have freezes on .254, but after a battery pull it's solid for a few days. But I've never had to do nearly as many battery pulls on any previous BB I've owned. And now the reboot gets stuck at about 3/4 progress, and it will either continue to a successful boot in anywhere from 3-5 minutes, or will NOT continue to 100% progress at all, and I have re-pull the battery again... I've had to do this way too many times than what would be considered reasonable... random freezes, and a ridiculous pattern of bad bootup cycles.

Things are the same even after a BBSAK wipe, and fresh install of .254 through DM. I'm waiting for the official vzw release of the known latest OS update before installing that version.
    EVOP likes this.
    10-22-11 06:26 PM
    instead of pulling battery, press alt on the left finger and with your right finger hit hi-cap(aA )and delete.
    EVOP likes this.
    10-22-11 06:40 PM
    Go to setup > Application Managment

Then swipe on the touch screen or with the trackpad to the left, the window right next to it... is CPU usage.
    See which application takes or did take your CPU power.
    But if u just leave ur phone on for a long time and never restart it any phone/PC will slow down over time.
    EVOP likes this.
    10-22-11 06:46 PM
    Physical resets are better than soft resets. Just do a battery pull with the phone on for 45s and put back in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    EVOP likes this.
    10-22-11 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD