I have never had trouble using poynt before, but I was looking for a business in san antonio (on vacation) and when I try to 'map' the location it gives me an error message 'error: null.' I'm usually in dayton, ohio and I have had no issues. Anyone have any thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-11 03:35 AM
    I have never had trouble using poynt before, but I was looking for a business in san antonio (on vacation) and when I try to 'map' the location it gives me an error message 'error: null.' I'm usually in dayton, ohio and I have had no issues. Anyone have any thoughts?

I had issues with it too in the short time that I used it with my 9930. It usually worked but sometimes would give me the said null error and i kept searching for it while driving and it did eventually come up. Not sure what the problem is but you're not alone.

P.S. Telenav is on sale for $10 a year and its a great nav app. You can also try lifeinpocket, which is free.
    10-03-11 03:38 AM
    I have always had good luck with Poynt and have yet to receive an error message.
    10-03-11 10:11 AM
    Hello Poynters!

The "Error: null" you are receiving on your new BlackBerry has been forwarded to our Dev Team. They've discovered it's a small programming glitch associated with the new BB 9900 series. A solution has been developed and will be available in the new Poynt upgrade being released in October.

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at support@mypoynt.com

Enjoy your day,

Kirk @ Poynt Support
    10-03-11 03:50 PM
    Hello Poynters!

The "Error: null" you are receiving on your new BlackBerry has been forwarded to our Dev Team. They've discovered it's a small programming glitch associated with the new BB 9900 series. A solution has been developed and will be available in the new Poynt upgrade being released in October.

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at support@mypoynt.com

Enjoy your day,

Kirk @ Poynt Support
    I love when companies/developers do this.
    10-03-11 04:10 PM
    I love when companies/developers do this.
    It's cool when devs participate and are proactive!
    10-03-11 04:34 PM
    Glad they're listening. I had no problems with it on 8330 but even with zip code punched in, can't get it to bring up list of restaurants without going through over 4 screen timeouts (I have it set to 30 seconds). I sit there wondering why I didn't just use Vlingo? I do like it for reverse lookup still.
    10-03-11 08:47 PM
    Poynt is one of best apps in the App world, it is always in my top 10 list and on my home screen as well.
    10-03-11 08:50 PM
    Yup it is. Still use it on Android too!
    10-03-11 09:14 PM
    I have most apps that are on BB and android work much differently. I have also noticed that BB app developers have been very responsive to the new OS 7 devices. What is worrying me is when QNX comes out will the old OS suffer from app support. Within a few years of QNX release I am sure that the older devices will become extinct! And this is where RIM needs to clearify this with owners.

10-03-11 09:38 PM
    Glad they're listening. I had no problems with it on 8330 but even with zip code punched in, can't get it to bring up list of restaurants without going through over 4 screen timeouts (I have it set to 30 seconds). I sit there wondering why I didn't just use Vlingo? I do like it for reverse lookup still.
    litle off topic, but what is reverse lookup?
    i've seen this before and allways wondered what it does.
    thanks
    10-03-11 09:39 PM
    It's reverse phone number lookup from your phone list screen.

Poynt is simply the best BB App out there!
    10-03-11 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD