I did the trade up program with RIM today I sent in my 9700 with T-mobile and will be getting $100 back. Has anyone else traded up and if so how long does it take to get the pre paid visa?
    12-26-11 12:48 PM
    The trade up program is kind of a waste of time, because you can get more money for your phone selling it locally on CL.
    mjordan5 likes this.
    01-02-12 10:26 AM
    You could have gotten $150-200 on kijiji or cl and it would be faster and in cash
    mjordan5 likes this.
    01-02-12 10:36 AM
    i did the trade up. checked the status today. it said

"Your trade-in was received on 01/09/2012 and inspected on 01/09/2012. Your inspection remarks are as follows: Your phone has : Passed power up tests, no screen damage, no liquid damage, no hinge damage, no proof of purchase. Your total refund will be determined within a week."

I have no idea why it says no proof of purchase. I cut the barcode off of the box of my new phone and put that in. Not sure what else they want. Sux
    01-11-12 03:16 PM
    I turned in the receipt with the #IMEI of my 9900 written on it.
    01-11-12 03:31 PM
    proof of purchase should be likely your old phone receipt or a copy of it?
    I sent them the proof of purchase from my new phone. No where did it say you had to have a proof of purchase of the old phone. I've already sent a long e-mail detailing how I followed their instructions. Hopefully everything will go okay
    01-11-12 04:22 PM
    Would it be okay if You were to just send in the phone and nothing else, cuz I don't have the box anymore.

Another thing, what is the voucher code and where would u find it when you get your new phone?
    01-11-12 07:50 PM
    Would it be okay if You were to just send in the phone and nothing else, cuz I don't have the box anymore.

Another thing, what is the voucher code and where would u find it when you get your new phone?
    the website says that just the phone and battery are all that are needed hardware wise. the voucher code is in the e-mail they send you when you register for the program. it is independent of your new phone
    01-11-12 10:23 PM
    when I complained, I got this information in response

What we need is the invoke showing a date, a name and the IMEI of the new phone. You can scan and email, or fax to my attention at 248 335 4264. Please include your voucher number.

Jonnie

Jonnie Sullivan | Customer Service
    The Wireless Source, A Clover Holdings Company |www.thewirelesssource.com
    f.248-335-4264 | jsullivan@twsmail1.com
    of course, NO WHERE does it say that on the FAQ at the website, nor does it say that on the generated shipping label. the FAQ says
    "A valid proof of purchase: Must include a legible IMEI, ESN or MEID number (serial number) of the new BlackBerry smartphone purchased."
    . The instructions on the shipping receipt said
    Instructions: 1. Include the used phone, this shipping receipt and a valid proof of purchase (copy of UPC code from the side of the box [emphasis added] or a copy of the invoice or receipt, with the IMEI, ESN or MEID number included and legible in either case) of your new BlackBerry smartphone.
    i gave them the actual upc code from the side of the box. it is absolutely unacceptable to provide detailed instructions, have customers follow them, only to then require more information/artifacts than were said to be required after the fact. of course, i no longer have the printed slip that was in the box from at&t. excuse me if i'm a little -hurt over this one
    01-12-12 11:28 AM
    oh man that blows, their giving you a hassle.

i was thinking about using the trade program when i get my new bold 9900.
    01-12-12 07:53 PM
    oh man that blows, their giving you a hassle.

i was thinking about using the trade program when i get my new bold 9900.

Why not try craigslist? I'm sure you will get a little more going that route.
    01-12-12 09:35 PM
    yeahhhh it was a hassle, almost like the IRS badgerings. I tried the ole put them through the ringer with an inundation of official sounding language and superfluous e-mails. That seems to have done the trick, and the guy said he apologized for the inconvenience. Now it's just a matter of that dreaded 6-8 weeks....why is everything always 6-8 weeks?
    01-12-12 10:33 PM
    To be fair, the invoice for the phone would have been an easier and most likely safer option. But I agree, there are a few conflicting instructions on that website. I included a copy of the dated 9900 sales invoice with my name and address.

I sent in my old 9000 for trade-in. $65 Canadian apparently. Considering mine was pretty beat up but still working, it was a fair price. Just last week the trade-in value has been lowered to $35.

I mailed it last night. So it should be soon considering Guelph is a 40 minute drive from here. I'm willing to bet they will give me a hard time about the battery being aftermarket. And I will gladly quote that no where does it state that the battery must be original, as that battery stopped charging a long time ago.
    01-12-12 11:27 PM
    i'm going to give this trade up a try when i receive my 9900 next week
    GeneralTech likes this.
    01-13-12 12:35 PM
    I used the BB trade up program. I traded my 9000 in for $85. Yeah, I probably could have gotten a little more, but not worth the hassle to me. Anyway, I sent it in sometime in middle November and it took about 4 weeks after they inspected the phone before I received payment. As far as the proof of purchase, I just gave a copy of my packing slip when the new device was shipped to me.

And I received a check, not a Visa pre-paid card.
    01-13-12 03:24 PM
    I traded my Torch 9800,it took about 2 month from me sending it out to get the rebate in the form of a check.I just got it last week and I feel like I got a fair deal @ $160.The way I looked at it was that I got my Bold for $40 after the rebate.
    01-13-12 06:27 PM
    I got my $100 - also a check - in the mail today. They really used up all of that 8 weeks! Aside from the hassle, I'm happy. Especially since I got my torch for $0.01 from at&t. It was like getting paid $99.99 to upgrade. And I'm pretty sure I paid less than $50 for the 9700 that they gave me $100 for.
    03-06-12 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD