02-05-12 12:44 PM
200 ... 5678
tools
    I love the BlackBerry for it's battery life. I can't be carrying around a charger all the time like I was when I used to own a iPhone3S.
    11-21-11 05:48 AM
    I DO!
    I am not a long time blackberry user, I admit that. I first used the 83xx curve, than I switched to Nokia N something, than again Nokia E something and later moved to legendary 9700(coz of bbm and keyboard). Now I am rocking the 9900.
    I really love blackberry, I am a monster texter and since all my friends are rocking bb's
    I never use text, only 3 of my friends (which I text often) have iPhone's and I get past that problem with a small message package or Whatsapp. BBM and keyboard is what makes me connected my bb. But since iMessage is out all my friends will switch to iPhone (probably 5th one). I will too, I don't see a reason to stay with bb. My only disappointment will be the keyboard but I will get used to it. To make a comparison:
    Battery Life:97xx the best-BB7 phones=iPhone
    Apps:iPhone-and I love gaming, I have iPad and iPod Touch for it
    Web Browser:iPhone
    Email:Blackberry!!
    Screen:iPhone
    Design:iPhone
    Customer Care:iPhone
    Camera:iPhone!!!! - worst cameras are on bb's. Really? 5mp without AF?
    Media:iPhone-and iTunes Store is where I buy music
    Keyboard:Blackberry!!
    Processors/Performance:iPhone
    Memory:iPhone
    Call Quality:Tie
    OS:iPhone-but os is really personal so can't really compare for everyone
    Touchscreen:iPhone-but bb 7 devices are quite good
    Personalization:Tie
    Unique Features:iPhone-Siri/iCloud/iMessage/Airplay/App Store(future of gaming?)
    Blackberry:BBM/Push Support/Keyboard/Led indicator :P -forgot NFC!!

Anyone else switching to iPhone or another platform(W7, Android, Symbian) from BB?
    Share your thoughts and if I am mistaken please correct me
    I'm sure Rim will come out with more berries in the future. They're not totally done yet and I don't foresee them going out of business anytime soon. As far as myself, I'm going to stay with Blackberry until the wheels fall off. I've had a Berry now for 11 years. I don't have any plans to leave anytime soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-11 05:57 AM
    You cannot have all your eggs in one basket. If all your friends are on iphones then you need some new friends, just the same if all your friends are BB users. I have 2 phones. Iphone4 and a BB 9930. I got everything covered because some of my friends wont be leaving a BB ever. Same goes for iphones.
    11-21-11 06:38 AM
    You cannot have all your eggs in one basket. If all your friends are on iphones then you need some new friends, just the same if all your friends are BB users. I have 2 phones. Iphone4 and a BB 9930. I got everything covered because some of my friends wont be leaving a BB ever. Same goes for iphones.
    Wow so now buy every phone your friends have or get new friends? This is why I think proprietary messaging systems suck. Just use a multiplatform messenger and who cares what phone you or your friends have.
    ELavar likes this.
    11-21-11 07:08 AM
    Wow so now buy every phone your friends have or get new friends? This is why I think proprietary messaging systems suck. Just use a multiplatform messenger and who cares what phone you or your friends have.

KIK messenger is the best for this. Super fast and reliable and I have groups with androids, iphones and blackberrys all talking to each other in realtime. Its effing fantastic.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-21-11 07:14 AM
    KIK messenger is the best for this. Super fast and reliable and I have groups with androids, iphones and blackberrys all talking to each other in realtime. Its effing fantastic.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    New Whatsapp Beta caught up with other apps. It is fast, better user interface and doesn't have issues (battery drainage, memory leak..).
    Download the Beta: WhatsApp Messenger
    02-03-12 02:13 PM
    My last BB was my ol' trusty 9650. Hafta see what BB10 brings strictly from a curiosity standpoint but other platforms being ahead of it already today by Q4 unfortunately it'll be old news at release.
    02-03-12 02:23 PM
    I'll get the next Bold they come out with. Unless they go to all touch screen devices, then I'll be screwed because I love this keyboard.
    02-03-12 02:53 PM
    I love my 9930 and have no trouble staying in touch with the people in my life who have other devices...but that's me.
    02-03-12 03:11 PM
    I switched from a 8800 to the 9900. It was a big jump and I absolutely love this device. I have not that many apps - I am mainly focused on messaging and some surfing.

The 9900 was not my last blackberry - i tend to keep my devices a long time, so I will just relax and see what RIM will put on the marked.
    02-03-12 03:25 PM
    hahahah um...
    even ppl are using iphone and android, there is whatsapp just like bbm but not that secure i think...

for me, i just started to use 9900 for like 2 weeks and just love it even the battery kind of sucks hahahahha
    but well, i used android before, and i can say, their battery is even more suck hahahahhaa

i am predicting, i will be staying with bb for 20 years or more...
    02-03-12 03:37 PM
    Well if rim doesn't make a bb10 device that s the bold form factor, then this is my last bb...
    Btw, RIM has all three years to do that b4 my contract expires

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-03-12 04:39 PM
    It could be a "last" due to how amazing the device is. I love everything about the 9900, zero complaints. The great thing about tech is that its always evolving. I look forward to the day another BlackBerry is manufactured that makes me want to pass the 9900 along
    02-03-12 06:50 PM
    I would think not having a physical keypad would eliminate any must have reasons for purchasing another Blackberry in the future.

I don't imagine I will ever go with a Google phone and I hate to think of giving into Apple.

I guess if RIM lets us/me down than I will take a hard look at a Windows Phone.

Yeesshhh, not a pretty picture. Please RIM, get your stuff together.
    02-03-12 07:04 PM
    I'll be back with Blackberry next week and will be a proud owner of a 9930. I want the 9900 but I switched to Sprint last year because the AT&T-TMobile acquisition seemed so promising at the time. I currently own an Evo but I miss being to text rapidly with my keypad and not worrying what I'd do if my touchscreen 'just happened' to stop working.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    02-03-12 07:17 PM
    I have no idea what my next smartphone might be. Just depends on what suits my needs best when I'm ready to trade this one in. This is the first phone I've had for 6 months without getting the itch for something else. I haven't even been to a verizon store to gaze at the other phones out there. Haven't seen a galaxy nexus, rezound, droid razr or even a bionic - that's how long its been. I used to hit vzw every time a new phone came out. I love this 9930.
    02-03-12 07:27 PM
    Just consider before you switch how "packaged" the iphone is. No swapping batteries...no upgrading memory capacity. Me, I can pack my spare battery and be gone for two days. iphone, you better find a charger and wait while the phone charges up. I just don't like being locked out of everything and being told what to think. iphone users are stuck in the consumer mode. BlackBerry folks can get into their devices...customize...create...to me it's a different philosophy. I'll be BlackBerry until RIM's last dying gasp....
    02-04-12 12:11 AM
    if i knew i was dying tomorrow then yes, 9900 will be my last blackberry.

If not, i wouldn't be so quick to judge. I still have a long life (hopefully) ahead of me. I can't predict the future, so i wont know if RIM will not make another Blackberry i would buy for the next few decade, or even if RIM will still exists. If i knew any of that, then probably i can give a more informed answer.
    02-04-12 12:53 AM
    Att seems to be their biggest carrier. I saw a post that BlackBerry will be releasing a new model " London" may hvr the Blackberry 10 operating system. BlackBerry will keep on going and will have their fans. I have a Bold 9900 and like it , even though I have had to replace it 2 times. Since its launch @att Nov 6 , because it crashed. But I will stick with it. .I post here in forums with issues and questions and concerns. This is a great site. I hope BlackBerry monitors our posts , I'm sure they do. FRYK
    02-04-12 01:08 AM
    I've been the circuit rote with phones too. Pearl>Tour (shudder)>iP4>Bionic (packed and waiting to sell maybe)>9930.

iP4 was too restricted for me, although I love my iPad (have a Playbook too). Bionic- dropped data constantly, black screen in middle of calls (like the call blocker app that I can't have on iPhone without jailbreak)

So here I sit with my 9930/Playbook. I'm old enough not to be an app hog and the 9930 works fine for what I need- organization. I'll see what RIM puts in the pike in 2013...
    02-04-12 02:16 AM
    Before thorsten took over i declared my 9900 to be the last. Its time to think it over.

Bery + intel + qnx in 2013 for me
    If thorsten makes the chanes he promised
    02-04-12 03:38 AM
    This bold 9900 is never going to be my last blackberry at all. I still own and use my 9700 as a web radio streaming device, casual web browsing and as a video capture device. I am sticking to the blackberry brand I know and trust. I value security and q, including a keyboard with only what I like best out of a phone. My blackberry does everything I want it to do., it is what I like avalue out of a smartphone. Why would I need another platform? I don't, I won't, I don't need it. My blackberry satisfies me. I have a computer, a netbook and a tablet pc that can do anything it can't do, which fills in the stopgap. Blackberry for life.
    02-04-12 03:44 AM
    Judging by that comparison I doubt you own the 9900 or an iPhone. That's the worst comparison ever (and totally groundless). But sure go ahead and get an iPhone.
    BearSnout likes this.
    02-04-12 03:54 AM
    Nope Blackberry all thE way I love my 9900 can't wait for BB10....
    02-04-12 03:56 AM
    I really don't think BBX will be enough to save RIM
    What are you pleased about the prospect of having less choice in the market?
    02-04-12 04:07 AM
200 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD