02-05-12 12:44 PM
200 ... 45678
tools
    Why not just text each other?

Everyone seems to be making different massaging platforms exclusive to their devices, yet texting works on any and every phone, why not make texting better instead of coming up with new ones?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You have such a good point there, texting, BBM, Whatsapp, i messanger are more or less the same. The main difference is that with BBM, WA, IM you can send pictures, vids etc for free, so for the companys to make texting better, they could incorporate them things in text messaged free of charge.
    11-17-11 03:58 AM
    LiveProfile. Cross platform, as good as BBM. Less group chat.
    Used liveprofile didnt like it that much. Bbm is much snappier and liveprofile eats lots of your memory when using, i had to reboot everyday on my 9700. Also bbm's user interface is much better, it integrates into the os better i think.
    11-17-11 04:05 AM
    Live profile is not the most reliable program. Whstsapp is not bad as ur mesages arent lost in space. Only prob is u have to add pics for your contacts manually which sucks

I would get another blackberry for sure if they make a quality profuct. Right now there a little behind

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk
    11-17-11 04:15 AM
    This will definitely NOT be my last Blackberry and I cant wait to see what Rim has up it's sleave for 2012.
    You mean BBX? Well the first phone won't have a physical keyboard definitely And touch screen virtual keyboards scare me, especially the one from RIM. I can't rely on it.
    11-19-11 04:58 PM
    Well no offense but after reading some of your previous posts it looks like you are dead set on switching to an Iphone and no matter what anybody says you will find something negative to complain about. I highly suggest you get yourself an Iphone and an Android device as well. Once your done suffering through all the problems those platforms have you'll understand how good BB's really are. FYI I suffered through an EVO4g and Iphone4 and never again will I listen to the media hype surrounding any device. Good luck.
    11-19-11 05:46 PM
    Well no offense but after reading some of your previous posts it looks like you are dead set on switching to an Iphone and no matter what anybody says you will find something negative to complain about. I highly suggest you get yourself an Iphone and an Android device as well. Once your done suffering through all the problems those platforms have you'll understand how good BB's really are. FYI I suffered through an EVO4g and Iphone4 and never again will I listen to the media hype surrounding any device. Good luck.
    I dont like android, but my mom uses an iphone, and i have never seen the downside of it.
    11-19-11 05:50 PM
    I will get whatever phone has the best keyboard, **** touchscreen
    11-19-11 05:52 PM
    It's poorly planned programming, like App World requiring a radio signal instead of using WiFi.

The new version of app world (beta) supports WiFi only I believe.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-19-11 05:57 PM
    I highly suggest you get yourself an Iphone and an Android device as well. Once your done suffering through all the problems those platforms have you'll understand how good BB's really are. FYI I suffered through an EVO4g and Iphone4 and never again will I listen to the media hype surrounding any device. Good luck.
    What problems specifically were suffered on the Android platform? Mine has been a rock, and I've only been on Android for a month after 3 years on BB.
    11-19-11 06:02 PM
    I didn't expect too much about bbx phone ,I will wait to see the all new line up phones next year. May be stick with bbx or jump ship to i5 or may be droids ,but now I am happy with my 9900

11-19-11 06:57 PM
    What problems specifically were suffered on the Android platform? Mine has been a rock, and I've only been on Android for a month after 3 years on BB.
    This is in no way indicative of the platform and I have no idea how widespread issues like what I have seen are, but I have not personally known a single Android user that did not have significant stock software issues with their device. The most common issue I have seen has been centered around the phone functionality itself. Seen a lot of issues where the phone rings and you just can't answer it. Or other times you answer it and the phone locks up.

Seen other issues with device syncing, e-mail send/receive, and text messages not going out when sent.

Again, I am in no way saying this is the norm for the whole platform....but it's just a little in the way of what I have seen from Android. Personally, I have zero interest in the platform.
    11-19-11 07:25 PM
    Hmmm where to begin let's see. The fact that half the time I could not get the device to recognize any wi-fi. I would reset the Evo it would connect to wi-fi for a few days then we would have to go through the process again. My favorite was let's suddenly disconnect any blue tooth device and refuse to recognize it. Other times it would randomly erase my contacts. Other times it would cut me off mid conversation by refusing to recognize the Sprint Network. Then there was the matter of the random OS slow downs, it would work fine for a few days then slow down to almost an absolute crawl. After going rounds with Sprint tech support I was informed that they would be happy to keep replace my device again but the Android OS was glitchy by nature and that they return and replace more Android devices than any other. Your mileage may very.
    11-19-11 09:43 PM
    No...the upcoming BBX powered smartphone will either be my last BlackBerry, or the next of many more to come.
    11-19-11 10:17 PM
    BBX will be VERY different as disclosed before. MUCH more secure. Two modes - Enterprise, and consumer! IF BB can deliver as promised, their customerbase will grow!

Playbook should NEVER have been marketed as ipad competitor!

The Playbook is an early, incomplete BBX product! I can hardly wait for phone application to be finished & released.
    11-19-11 10:47 PM
    I seriously doubt this will be my last Blackberry, but I know I will be having the 9900 for a long time, I love it.
    11-20-11 12:51 AM
    I DO!
    I am not a long time blackberry user, I admit that. I first used the 83xx curve, than I switched to Nokia N something, than again Nokia E something and later moved to legendary 9700(coz of bbm and keyboard). Now I am rocking the 9900.
    I really love blackberry, I am a monster texter and since all my friends are rocking bb's
    I never use text, only 3 of my friends (which I text often) have iPhone's and I get past that problem with a small message package or Whatsapp. BBM and keyboard is what makes me connected my bb. But since iMessage is out all my friends will switch to iPhone (probably 5th one). I will too, I don't see a reason to stay with bb. My only disappointment will be the keyboard but I will get used to it. To make a comparison:
    Battery Life:97xx the best-BB7 phones=iPhone
    Apps:iPhone-and I love gaming, I have iPad and iPod Touch for it
    Web Browser:iPhone
    Email:Blackberry!!
    Screen:iPhone
    Design:iPhone
    Customer Care:iPhone
    Camera:iPhone!!!! - worst cameras are on bb's. Really? 5mp without AF?
    Media:iPhone-and iTunes Store is where I buy music
    Keyboard:Blackberry!!
    Processors/Performance:iPhone
    Memory:iPhone
    Call Quality:Tie
    OS:iPhone-but os is really personal so can't really compare for everyone
    Touchscreen:iPhone-but bb 7 devices are quite good
    Personalization:Tie
    Unique Features:iPhone-Siri/iCloud/iMessage/Airplay/App Store(future of gaming?)
    Blackberry:BBM/Push Support/Keyboard/Led indicator :P -forgot NFC!!

Anyone else switching to iPhone or another platform(W7, Android, Symbian) from BB?
    Share your thoughts and if I am mistaken please correct me

I agree. I was a long time BB owner since the 8700c but three years ago I got an iphone and never looked back! I had a 4s but ( long story) I have a the 9900. As of now I'm slowly remembering how an phone works again. But I will be honest the bb apps sucks seriously! I can't even get apps that I feel should be on all platforms, (tmz, usa today, words with friends, hanging with friends so so on) I understand the screen difference but damn that sucks! If by Xmas I can't learn to like it then I'm going back to the 4s...BB used to be the phone but sadly since the Iphone and now Andriod has come BB is almost non exsistence...

11-20-11 09:34 AM
    Saddly, I do. Got an iPhone as an early XMas gift and I will no longer using my 9930.
    emirozmen likes this.
    11-20-11 12:48 PM
    Even if I got that crap as a gift I still wouldn't use it over my 9900.
    11-20-11 01:08 PM
    the Android OS was glitchy by nature and that they return and replace more Android devices than any other. Your mileage may very.
    The Android OS is no more "glitchy by nature" than any other mobile OS...if the problems you experienced were inherent to the OS, then Google would have a major issue on their hands. Maybe your Evo was running a bad build...
    11-20-11 06:12 PM
    -Okay, I meant app storage 200mb as standard and if you shrink os 230 approximately.
    -I am saying call quality is a draw in my area.
    -Camera is iPhone winner, this is the most obvious one. I really miss AF and 5mp phones in late 2011. Are you kidding me
    -You are right, NFC is something I forgot but wifi music sync takes a lot of space and has been available on the iPhone before.
    -Browsers are comparable but iPhone's one is better.
    -Bold 9900 is faster than iPhone 4, Yes iPhone 4 was released in mid june 2010 lol
    -Design is personal. 9900 is sexy but I see the future of designs in Apple's hands
    -Apple Customer Care is the best, no doubt.
    MAIN thing is I hate when people say megapixel count matters it doesnt so what if a phone has 5mp or 20mp less mp on a small sensor that is in all cellphone cameras is actually better more and more mp just make more noise and less quality pictures. Only time where more megapixels work is if you have a bigger imaging sensor which cellphones do not so 5mp can look just as good as 8mp and sometimes even better. So please everybody who does it stop making it out to be a megapixel pissing contest it doesnt matter the number its the size of the sensor first and foremost.
    11-20-11 06:42 PM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Yeah ...my Bold 9900 is my last bb phone ... (until the next bold comes out ....

anon(73368) likes this.
    11-20-11 08:17 PM
    Not trying to sound rude but im getting so tired of people complaining about BB and the first thing they do is scream Iphone, everything you have said just made me look at you like how old are you

You like gaming so your gonna buy a phone for fun...have you seen the battery life of the Iphone, I guess you like walking around with your charger and looking for an outlet every second

Another thing is if you like gaming so much, get an xbox or ps3, a phone should be used for productivity, if you want another thing making you do nothing all day then your looking in the right direction

I dont even wanna go too much into detail but I feel like your whole logic is horrible and you really should either rethink it
    ELavar likes this.
    11-20-11 09:04 PM
    Enjoy your switch.....you'll regret it especially once BBX comes out.
    Uh yea, his 2 year contract with the iphone likely will be up before bbx comes out, or if RIM is even in business then.

How will the diehard keyboard blackberry owners like adapting to a touchscreen only bbx?

Funny how people are awaiting a product from a company that has never lived up to a reasonable timetable release and still releases subpar built products.

Look at all the 9930 build quality issues still.
    11-20-11 10:32 PM
    Blackberry os 7 devices yes the last one!

Sent from my 9900
    11-20-11 10:45 PM
    Not trying to sound rude but im getting so tired of people complaining about BB and the first thing they do is scream Iphone, everything you have said just made me look at you like how old are you

You like gaming so your gonna buy a phone for fun...have you seen the battery life of the Iphone, I guess you like walking around with your charger and looking for an outlet every second

Another thing is if you like gaming so much, get an xbox or ps3, a phone should be used for productivity, if you want another thing making you do nothing all day then your looking in the right direction

I dont even wanna go too much into detail but I feel like your whole logic is horrible and you really should either rethink it
    With my use iPhone is as much productive as Blackberry.
    iPhone's battery life sucks as much as the Blackberry 7 devices. Before Blackberry 7, Blackberry was awesome with those batteries, but now just to make it thinner they put crappy batteries. Dont have detailed info about 4s battery life, but with iPhone 4 on OS5 moderate users can make 2 days with ease. iPhone 4s's battery is not the best but I think it is very decent
    11-21-11 05:22 AM
200 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD