I DO!
    I am not a long time blackberry user, I admit that. I first used the 83xx curve, than I switched to Nokia N something, than again Nokia E something and later moved to legendary 9700(coz of bbm and keyboard). Now I am rocking the 9900.
    I really love blackberry, I am a monster texter and since all my friends are rocking bb's
    I never use text, only 3 of my friends (which I text often) have iPhone's and I get past that problem with a small message package or Whatsapp. BBM and keyboard is what makes me connected my bb. But since iMessage is out all my friends will switch to iPhone (probably 5th one). I will too, I don't see a reason to stay with bb. My only disappointment will be the keyboard but I will get used to it. To make a comparison:
    Battery Life:97xx the best-BB7 phones=iPhone
    Apps:iPhone-and I love gaming, I have iPad and iPod Touch for it
    Web Browser:iPhone
    Email:Blackberry!!
    Screen:iPhone
    Design:iPhone
    Customer Care:iPhone
    Camera:iPhone!!!! - worst cameras are on bb's. Really? 5mp without AF?
    Media:iPhone-and iTunes Store is where I buy music
    Keyboard:Blackberry!!
    Processors/Performance:iPhone
    Memory:iPhone
    Call Quality:Tie
    OS:iPhone-but os is really personal so can't really compare for everyone
    Touchscreen:iPhone-but bb 7 devices are quite good
    Personalization:Tie
    Unique Features:iPhone-Siri/iCloud/iMessage/Airplay/App Store(future of gaming?)
    Blackberry:BBM/Push Support/Keyboard/Led indicator :P -forgot NFC!!

Anyone else switching to iPhone or another platform(W7, Android, Symbian) from BB?
    Share your thoughts and if I am mistaken please correct me
    Last edited by emirozmen; 11-15-11 at 10:58 AM.
    11-13-11 04:10 PM
    Why not just text each other?

Everyone seems to be making different massaging platforms exclusive to their devices, yet texting works on any and every phone, why not make texting better instead of coming up with new ones?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-11 04:13 PM
    Enjoy your switch.....you'll regret it especially once BBX comes out.
    AlienSlacker likes this.
    11-13-11 04:14 PM
    Why not just text each other?

Everyone seems to be making different massaging platforms exclusive to their devices, yet texting works on any and every phone, why not make texting better instead of coming up with new ones?

I am also a fan of texting, its better than Whatsapp. Whatsapp or any other IM actually sucks on BlackBerry. İt'S just the fact that texting is slow and drains my battery a lot on bb
    11-13-11 04:15 PM
    I really don't think BBX will be enough to save RIM
    whyamisoepic and r0bert4 like this.
    11-13-11 04:16 PM
    I am also a fan of texting, its better than Whatsapp. Whatsapp or any other IM actually sucks on BlackBerry. İt'S just the fact that texting is slow and drains my battery a lot on bb
    I am too, but I don't use It often and when I do, its texting, not bbm or whatsapp, or whatever else. RIM, Apple, google should just improve current form of texting instead of introducing all these new messaging applications.

AbuYazeedUK and kbz1960 like this.
    11-13-11 04:17 PM
    I am too, but I don't use It often and when I do, its texting, not bbm or whatsapp, or whatever else. RIM, Apple, google should just improve current form of texting instead of introducing all these new messaging applications.

I think what Apple is developing is the best. Automatically checking if the other person has iMessage and if so it's iMessage automatically. If not, that's a text message
    11-13-11 04:20 PM
    To each its own, I switched from the 4S and do not regret it at all.
    robkd likes this.
    11-13-11 04:23 PM
    Nope I will more likely get other models.
    robkd likes this.
    11-13-11 04:24 PM
    To each its own, I switched from the 4S and do not regret it at all.
    What con in 4S made you switch to 9900?
    11-13-11 04:24 PM
    It's tough to say, but I know even if I'm forced away from BB I will consider WP7 and Android long before I ever enter that locked down Apple ecosystem. **** that.

edit: typo
    Last edited by sg8330; 11-13-11 at 07:55 PM.
    11-13-11 04:25 PM
    I DO!
    I am not a long time blackberry user, I admit that. I first used the 83xx curve, than I switched to Nokia N something, than again Nokia E something and later moved to legendary 9700(coz of bbm and keyboard). Now I am rocking the 9900.
    I really love blackberry, I am a monster texter and since all my friends are rocking bb's
    I never use text, only 3 of my friends (which I text often) have iPhone's and I get past that problem with a small message package or Whatsapp. BBM and keyboard is what makes me connected my bb. But since iMessage is out all my friends will switch to iPhone (probably 5th one). I will too, I don't see a reason to stay with bb. My only disappointment will be the keyboard but I will get used to it. To make a comparison:
    Battery Life:97xx the best-BB7 phones=iPhone - Iphoen battery sucks as 9900 ...
    Apps:iPhone-and I love gaming, I have iPad and iPod Touch for it - If you want to play games buy a PS Vita or ipod touch yes..
    Web Browser:iPhone - Bold and Iphone browsers are comparable...
    Screen:iPhone - Cus of Size or what? bold it's the third phone with more PPI 2nd iphone 1st galaxy nexus.
    Design:iPhone - Bold 9900 design is amazing
    Customer Care:iPhone - Dont know
    Camera:iPhone!!!! - worst cameras are on bb's. Really? 5mp without AF? - True .. but it does take good pictures
    Media:iPhone-and iTunes Store is where I buy music - Amazon Mp3 Store is so good
    Processors/Performance:iPhone - Bold 9900 is faster than iphone 4
    Memory:iPhone - Yes can you put a MicroSD 32GB on it to have 40GB?? well you can buy a 64GB iphone for like 850$ xD
    Call Quality:Tie - WTF? BB's are amazing on call quality better than iphone
    Touchscreen:iPhone-but bb 7 devices are quite good - Both capacitive screens so tie.
    Unique Features:iPhone-Siri/iCloud/iMessage/Airplay/App Store(future of gaming?)
    Blackberry:BBM/Push Support/Keyboard/Led indicator/ - NFC? App World? Wifi Music sync?? WTF you're crazy

Anyone else switching to iPhone or another platform(W7, Android, Symbian) from BB?
    11-13-11 04:26 PM

What will BBX offer that would make a person regret their decision? How will productivity be increased by transitioning to a BBX OS as opposed to OS7. Is developer support the main difference?
    11-13-11 04:30 PM
    I DO!
    Battery Life:97xx the best-BB7 phones=iPhone - Iphoen battery sucks as 9900 ...
    Apps:iPhone-and I love gaming, I have iPad and iPod Touch for it - If you want to play games buy a PS Vita or ipod touch yes..
    Web Browser:iPhone - Bold and Iphone browsers are comparable...
    Screen:iPhone - Cus of Size or what? bold it's the third phone with more PPI 2nd iphone 1st galaxy nexus.
    Design:iPhone - Bold 9900 design is amazing
    Customer Care:iPhone - Dont know
    Camera:iPhone!!!! - worst cameras are on bb's. Really? 5mp without AF? - True .. but it does take good pictures
    Media:iPhone-and iTunes Store is where I buy music - Amazon Mp3 Store is so good
    Processors/Performance:iPhone - Bold 9900 is faster than iphone 4
    Memory:iPhone - Yes can you put a MicroSD 32GB on it to have 40GB?? well you can buy a 64GB iphone for like 850$ xD
    Call Quality:Tie - WTF? BB's are amazing on call quality better than iphone
    Touchscreen:iPhone-but bb 7 devices are quite good - Both capacitive screens so tie.
    Blackberry:BBM/Push Support/Keyboard/Led indicator/ - NFC? App World? Wifi Music sync?? WTF you're crazy

-Okay, I meant app storage 200mb as standard and if you shrink os 230 approximately.
    -I am saying call quality is a draw in my area.
    -Camera is iPhone winner, this is the most obvious one. I really miss AF and 5mp phones in late 2011. Are you kidding me
    -You are right, NFC is something I forgot but wifi music sync takes a lot of space and has been available on the iPhone before.
    -Browsers are comparable but iPhone's one is better.
    -Bold 9900 is faster than iPhone 4, Yes iPhone 4 was released in mid june 2010 lol
    -Design is personal. 9900 is sexy but I see the future of designs in Apple's hands
    -Apple Customer Care is the best, no doubt.
    11-13-11 04:37 PM
    I didn't have a con with my iPhone. Heck I am most definitely getting the next gen anyway. I just needed a change and I wanted a device that had a solid background in communication for me. My main multimedia use is music and the berry does it very well too.

11-13-11 04:59 PM
    I really love my 9900. I'll most likely be using this for the next 18 to 24 months. I'm set between this and my playbook.

robkd likes this.
    11-13-11 04:59 PM
    I do too...the last one I will ever need! My answer is as superficial as your original post.

If you are going to make comparisons perhaps you should include Android and Windows as well. You obviously have a hard-on for an iPhone so get one and see if it is all that you think it is. And as time goes on and technology changes and new phones come out from every company you maybe will post "Anyone thinks iPhoneX is their last iPhone?"
    nova_8 likes this.
    11-13-11 05:03 PM
    emirozmen,

Just wanted to point out that the mega pixels in a camera have nothing to do with the QUALITY but the image size. The quality of the camera is all about the lenses. People think the more mega pixels, the better pic quality, when this is false.

And also, as far as CPU performance, one year will not make one CPU that much worse or better over another. Meaning, just because the iPhone 4 was released before the 9900/9930, it doesn't serve as an excuse for (possibly) it being slower.
    emirozmen likes this.
    11-13-11 05:07 PM
    WOW what a difference 6 years make, I've been using a Blackberry for approx 5 years and when I bought my 8330 it was the first "smartphone" I owned. In those days buying a phone was not a nearly as difficult as it is now. I guess I"m trying to say that there is a cell phone for all walks of life depending on individual needs and wants. I personally can't get caught up in the comparison game because for me its like comparing apples to berries (no pun intended ) I need a communication device for ME and not for what I think my neighbor would enjoy. I find myself asking quite often, have I out grown my need for a Blackberry phone. Is it time to move on,
    Last edited by spencerdl; 11-13-11 at 09:09 PM.
    11-13-11 05:18 PM
    Everytime I switch to the iPhone I end up coming back to Blackberry. I'm loving my 9900 more than I've ever enjoyed using any iPhone I've owned (original, 3G, and 4). To each their own, but I always find myself coming home to BLACKBERRY.

11-13-11 05:24 PM
    emirozmen,

Just wanted to point out that the mega pixels in a camera have nothing to do with the QUALITY but the image size. The quality of the camera is all about the lenses. People think the more mega pixels, the better pic quality, when this is false.
    Didn't know that. Thanks for the information Capitan Totti.
    11-13-11 05:43 PM
    SO you think that BBX will save RIM.

Sorry but I am not convinced.

I owned the Playbook for about 12 hours, what a joke!
    11-13-11 05:46 PM
    What will BBX offer that would make a person regret their decision? How will productivity be increased by transitioning to a BBX OS as opposed to OS7. Is developer support the main difference?
    You are assuming that RIM will get their "stuff" together and BBX will work.
    11-13-11 05:49 PM
    Alright this is a pretty funny thread

phone 4S good , bad and the ugly

auto correct terrible

notification terrible

iCloud crashes just like any other remote storage

signal average - not much better than before with 4

battery average, it will get through 8 hrs I think
    but if your using it .. its going to dump

typing lame

apps good, get an ipod touch solved

call quality not bad, but some report echo
    spotty, with others using blue ant Q2 head set

Siri is fun, but thats all .. its really a novelty at best

too much swiping, clicking, and other stuff to get something done ... freaking waste of time
    I could never do anything serious with it

I love it for games thats it

camera is not all that great , 8 mega pixel but honestly its not so badass its actually
    sort of pixelated in lower light .. I have a fine eye for photos .. I can see the difference

IOS 5 has problems syncing with the device and finding it
    sometimes.

I don't like being locked into 1080P with no lower
    settings

BB 9900 fix all problems above...
    RIM will turn the corner, they have some new investors and BBX will be better than most expect.
    They build things like sony for 10 years at a time.

I have owned 8300, 8310, 8900, 9000, 9700, 9780, 9800, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4G, iPhone 4S

and long time Mac User current Intel iMac user

So when I make these statements about what I like and I don't - I would say that this is not a troll reply, but reality.

No this will not be my last blackberry device, RIM makes quality devices - I believe in RIM and their ability to
    learn from the past. They have had some rough spots and the apple media smear is pretty good .. but iPhone
    is not a good phone its a good sales tool.

Android is more of the same .. All Touch screen devices are hard to use, no matter what platform you are on.
    Last edited by vx1; 11-13-11 at 06:23 PM.
    bigbmc26, melb_me, Hi Tek and 1 others like this.
    11-13-11 05:51 PM
    WOW what a difference 6 years make, I've been using a Blackberry for approx 5 years and when I bought my 8330 it was the first "smartphone" I owned. In those days buying a phone was not a nearly as difficult as it is now. I guess I"m trying to say that there is a cell phone for all walks of life depending on individual needs and wants. I personally can't get caught up in the comparison game because for me its like comparing apples to berries (no pun intended ) I need a communication device for ME and not for what I think my neighbor would enjoy. What I find, is asking myself, have I out grown my need for a Blackberry phone
    Same here. My 8310 was my first smartphone and it was a painless experience back then to get it. Buy it and you're good to go right away.
    11-13-11 06:07 PM
200 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD