Nope......just hope they actually listen to customers and produce something with the same quality as the 9900.........but please put function over form and make it slightly thicker to hold a decent battery......

But again I doubt they will as the polls show 13% have issues..... and I am just a moaning old barsteward.....so why change for 13%....
    02-04-12 05:12 AM
    -Okay, I meant app storage 200mb as standard and if you shrink os 230 approximately.
    -I am saying call quality is a draw in my area.
    -Camera is iPhone winner, this is the most obvious one. I really miss AF and 5mp phones in late 2011. Are you kidding me
    -You are right, NFC is something I forgot but wifi music sync takes a lot of space and has been available on the iPhone before.
    -Browsers are comparable but iPhone's one is better.
    -Bold 9900 is faster than iPhone 4, Yes iPhone 4 was released in mid june 2010 lol
    -Design is personal. 9900 is sexy but I see the future of designs in Apple's hands
    -Apple Customer Care is the best, no doubt.
    y
    Go back to standing in line all night in the rain to get ur next apple product! there was no reason for your post! Sure I phone is nice but I would never own one again! so go back to apple and leave us alone! I done post on apple site saying crap!BB 4 Life
    02-04-12 05:24 AM
    Judging by that comparison I doubt you own the 9900 or an iPhone. That's the worst comparison ever (and totally groundless). But sure go ahead and get an iPhone.
    You want me to post up some pictures, to make you believe?
    Really! I wanna see your comparison...
    02-04-12 05:31 AM
    y
    Go back to standing in line all night in the rain to get ur next apple product!
    You know you dont need to get it the first day from a retail store..
    Name another brand that is so desired that it can make it customers wait in lines overnight. They are not requiring it of course, its consumer's choice. But yeah it sounds stupid lol
    02-04-12 05:33 AM
    I would think not having a physical keypad would eliminate any must have reasons for purchasing another Blackberry in the future.

I don't imagine I will ever go with a Google phone and I hate to think of giving into Apple.

I guess if RIM lets us/me down than I will take a hard look at a Windows Phone.

Yeesshhh, not a pretty picture. Please RIM, get your stuff together.
    Gotta admit... Windows phone OS looks sexy!
    02-04-12 05:36 AM
    You know you dont need to get it the first day from a retail store..
    Name another brand that is so desired that it can make it customers wait in lines overnight. They are not requiring it of course, its consumer's choice. But yeah it sounds stupid lol
    They are drowns fools ect
    02-04-12 05:36 AM
    Enjoy your switch.....you'll regret it especially once BBX comes out.
    Let's let RIM get a BB10 device out first.
    02-04-12 09:02 AM
    I think i'd'appreciate a bb10 version of the paerl with some resembleance of 4th or 5th gen of ipod nanos.

Some thing small yet powerful as a workhorse.
    02-04-12 09:13 AM
    Alright this is a pretty funny thread

phone 4S good , bad and the ugly

auto correct terrible

notification terrible

iCloud crashes just like any other remote storage

signal average - not much better than before with 4

battery average, it will get through 8 hrs I think
    but if your using it .. its going to dump

typing lame

apps good, get an ipod touch solved

call quality not bad, but some report echo
    spotty, with others using blue ant Q2 head set

Siri is fun, but thats all .. its really a novelty at best

too much swiping, clicking, and other stuff to get something done ... freaking waste of time
    I could never do anything serious with it

I love it for games thats it

camera is not all that great , 8 mega pixel but honestly its not so badass its actually
    sort of pixelated in lower light .. I have a fine eye for photos .. I can see the difference

IOS 5 has problems syncing with the device and finding it
    sometimes.

I don't like being locked into 1080P with no lower
    settings

BB 9900 fix all problems above...
    RIM will turn the corner, they have some new investors and BBX will be better than most expect.
    They build things like sony for 10 years at a time.

I have owned 8300, 8310, 8900, 9000, 9700, 9780, 9800, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4G, iPhone 4S

and long time Mac User current Intel iMac user

So when I make these statements about what I like and I don't - I would say that this is not a troll reply, but reality.

No this will not be my last blackberry device, RIM makes quality devices - I believe in RIM and their ability to
    learn from the past. They have had some rough spots and the apple media smear is pretty good .. but iPhone
    is not a good phone its a good sales tool.

Android is more of the same .. All Touch screen devices are hard to use, no matter what platform you are on.
    Ha I missed this thread when it first started but misinformed comments like this make me laugh. Battery life is way better on the 4s than it was on 9930 in my area anyways and I dropped more calls on the 9930 also. RIM had the right idea with the 9930 but just missed it I felt when I had one. Much more satisfied with the 4s. It's a way more capable than a 9930. And once you get use to a touch screen its actually nicer to type on. Even if RIM nails BB10 and it's worth coming back to BB I think I would still stick with a touch screen. And yeah the iphone in not a good phone but yet it sold 4 million in the first 3 days and just now is finally in stock. There is a huge difference between you not liking a phone and saying it is not a good phone.
    emirozmen likes this.
    02-04-12 09:18 AM
    I love my 9900 and have none of the issues with battery life or really anything else, other than mostly harmless little foibles. That said, I will be taking a very close look at the WP8 hardware for something similar in form factor. I would like to go RDM at some point, and BB data service is a useless dinosaur.
    02-04-12 09:38 AM
    I'm sure it won't be my last blackberry. I just came back to blackberry after being on every other platform except for webos. I left for the iphone. I thought it seemed like the greatest thing on earth till the new wore of it. After that I went to android. I loved flashing roms tinkering with all the things you could do with the software but having to sacrifice push email and sync settings just to be able to make it through the afternoon before my battery died was unacceptable. Next came windows phone 7, it has a beautiful GUI and fast but it was like having an Iphone without any apps. So, it was back to the iphone yet again. It was all fine and dandy, but after a while I see all the students at the university using the iphone and even seeing 70 and 80 year people using an iphone, it really turned me off and made me think twice about my decision to go back. I sat back and looked at what I do with my phone. I text all the time, use Facebook and twitter. I have my laptop for my CAD work and my ipad for surfing the web and playing games. I had imessage turned off because it never worked. After going back to a physical keyboard, I realized how much I loathed using a virtual keyboard. The final issue was the bug in IOS5 that made the phone think the headphones are plugged in all of the time that made me walk into the store and pick up a new bold. I haven't looked back since. Plus I never knew how much I missed that blinking red light.
    02-04-12 10:40 AM
    I will continue to stay loyal to RIM and BlackBerry as long as they put out touchscreen/qwerty keyboard devices like the 9900/9930.
    02-04-12 11:29 AM
    Why is there so much vindictive and negative feedback on 9900 and RIM. i joined thus for support and positive thinking, in the ends its turning in to the old Nokia/Symbian forumd which died from within.

if i were an Apple, Samdung or HTC I having a bug smile across my face.

Why dont some if you geeks visit the above forums and see how these smart phones face bigger problems than the 9900!
    02-04-12 11:50 AM
    hahahahah every phone has its problem
    no perfect

you need to make your own phone @.@...
    02-04-12 12:02 PM
    Probably my last BlackBerry......with a keyboard
    02-04-12 12:04 PM
    Silly thread....Let me think which of you like red dresses more than blue dresses. What a boring world it would be if everyone liked the same thing. That being said I love RIM!
    02-04-12 12:11 PM
    I really don't think BBX will be enough to save RIM
    Its ok. I'll still be here with RIM when blackberry 10 gets released. Unlike everyone else that will be switching back. Maybe your not aware of the new CEO that is clearly making changes. Bandwagon is coming soon so grab ya tickets
    02-04-12 12:16 PM
    The end of your post were my own words that I've thrown around my head for a while. I just never thought of bringing that up when it actually is pretty important. Fumbling around getting words all messed up when you're in a rush holds true with the iPhone. At the same time though when you're blackberry takes 5 mins to turn on it doesn't become as reliable. Those are the two problems I have with these devices. I have an iPhone 4 but i wish there were some way I could get my hands on a 9900 either way
    5 minutes to turn on? You using 4.0 OS still? Lmao! My blackberry bold (IF its for some odd reason OFF) only takes 1 1/2 minutes TOPS to turn on from a reboot. Which I never reboot cause I don't need to
    02-04-12 12:41 PM
    Blackberry phones will be higher in demand (imo) soon because the carriers that offer data caps are raising their data prices *cough* At&t *cough* without raising the amount of data received. With Blackberry's compressed data feature, people will begin to flock to blackberry phones, or Sprint.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    02-05-12 11:23 AM
    Blackberry phones will be higher in demand (imo) soon because the carriers that offer data caps are raising their data prices *cough* At&t *cough* without raising the amount of data received. With Blackberry's compressed data feature, people will begin to flock to blackberry phones, or Sprint.

Uhmmm, yeah, not forgetting AT&T is the ONLY US carrier who shows BB some love these days.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-05-12 11:26 AM
    Nope not my last blackberry I would stay with RIM much longer
    02-05-12 11:35 AM
    5 minutes to turn on? You using 4.0 OS still? Lmao! My blackberry bold (IF its for some odd reason OFF) only takes 1 1/2 minutes TOPS to turn on from a reboot. Which I never reboot cause I don't need to
    Even OS4 didn't take that long to boot.
    02-05-12 11:35 AM

That might be true if BB actually advertised that, but like anything else, they have haven't advertised squat.
    ELavar likes this.
    02-05-12 11:44 AM
    I love my Bold 9930! I do agree that the iPhone has great features, but the phone that you use will always be based on your individual preference. This will be especially true in the next few years. All of the major platforms will have the same applications (including BB10) and similar features. At the end of the day, every phone isn't for everybody and there isn't one smartphone that is better (in all areas) than all others. It's relative.
    02-05-12 12:39 PM
    Yeah the 9930 is possibly my last one. Only thing that made me get it was the keyboard and now that RIMs next flagship phone is gonna be an all touch device then I might as well go for what's already proven itself in the market. Don't wanna wait for another RIM keyboard device.
    02-05-12 12:44 PM
200 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD