If RIM keeps building unreliable phones like the Bold 9900 I bet they will disappear as a company in less than 2 years.

They will end up as a software company offering BBM to iphone and android, and also offering mail software.
    Couldn't agree more
    11-15-11 11:00 AM
    We saw London and I have to say it doesn't look that bad. The specs rumored are too good to be true, for blackberry
    11-15-11 11:04 AM
    The funny thing is everyone is blabbing about BBX and RIM can't even figure out how to get bbm and BES or the darn operating system.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-11 12:14 PM
    We saw London and I have to say it doesn't look that bad. The specs rumored are too good to be true, for blackberry
    Not when it's delayed than released in the summer of 2012
    11-15-11 12:26 PM
    I'm looking to pick up a 9900 this week and it might be my last bberry. I like the new BBX design but I can't use a phone without buttons. Let's hope RIM releases a torch-style slider in the future.
    11-15-11 01:11 PM
    I really don't think BBX will be enough to save RIM
    maybe it's just me, but it looks like RIM only needs saving in the consumer market, the enterprise market is still ruled by RIM in nearly every part of the world. small businesses and a down economy may have made it possible for consumer phones like the iphone to penetrate into the enterprise market somewhat, but RIM still has a firm grasp on the enterprise market for it's security.

it may not mean much to consumers but at the end of the day business rely on that security to protect it's interests. RIM won't die even with the current consumer penetration they have. besides without a BIS plan, bb devices still make excellent texting devices
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    11-15-11 01:41 PM
    I'm looking to pick up a 9900 this week and it might be my last bberry. I like the new BBX design but I can't use a phone without buttons. Let's hope RIM releases a torch-style slider in the future.
    I can't fathom a future for RIM without a flagship device sporting its trademark QWERTY keyboard. It has to be there...so far the 9900 is the very best bb device out there sans the unbelievably terrible battery life. There might still be hope in future OS upgrades though
    11-15-11 01:44 PM
    This will be my last blackberry. I like the keyboard and the super fun bbm but that's just about it. I realize that I made a mistake with my purchase. I was drawn into the hype like most of the people on here but I wont be making the same mistake twice.

My next phone will be an actual smartphone and not just a communication device. I think I'm gonna go with a Windows Phone a year and a half from now. I don't think I can go wrong with a super fluid and snappy operating system that is developed by an actual software company. Plus I am going to get something big like the HTC titan so I can surf the web and watch movies when I work night shifts. No more cringing of the eyes to see what I'm reading.
    Last edited by Vedran; 11-15-11 at 01:48 PM.
    11-15-11 01:46 PM
    This will be my last blackberry. I like the keyboard and the super fun bbm but that's just about it. I realize that I made a mistake with my purchase. I was drawn into the hype like most of the people on here but I wont be making the same mistake twice.

My next phone will be an actual smartphone and not just a communication device. I think I'm gonna go with a Windows Phone a year and a half from now. I don't think I can go wrong with a super fluid and snappy operating system that is developed by an actual software company. Plus I am going to get something big like the HTC titan so I can surf the web and watch movies when I work night shifts. No more cringing of the eyes to see what I'm reading.
    Just to give heads up... Many people think that since Microsoft is a software company, they have a better mobile OS. Fact is both of my friends got "black screen of death" (same as blue screen of death, now MS modified to come up as black screen with white letters LOL) This is a huge pain in the *** compared to JVM error on Blackberries because for MOST Java errors can be fixed by reinstalling the OS. The WP go to what some people called "deep recovery mode" causing it to stuck in that black screen forever. To fix this you have to go to an authorized MS shop as far as I know.
    11-15-11 02:04 PM
    My guess is that RIM is doing the touch device first because it is easier to sort things out when you only have one interface to deal with. I'll be surprised if they don't introduce BBX models with keyboards very shortly after introducing the touch screen model.
    11-15-11 02:07 PM
    maybe it's just me, but it looks like RIM only needs saving in the consumer market, the enterprise market is still ruled by RIM in nearly every part of the world. small businesses and a down economy may have made it possible for consumer phones like the iphone to penetrate into the enterprise market somewhat, but RIM still has a firm grasp on the enterprise market for it's security.

it may not mean much to consumers but at the end of the day business rely on that security to protect it's interests. RIM won't die even with the current consumer penetration they have. besides without a BIS plan, bb devices still make excellent texting devices
    I agree. Even Indian military ordered Blackberries while Indian government look in to banning Blackberries because they can't monitor them. Funny how RIM said no one can monitor BES encrypted data. CSIS and CIA is monitoring and RIM said to India no one can break the encryption keys. NOT true.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    11-15-11 02:07 PM
    The Bold 9900 will definitely NOT be my last BlackBerry. I really like this phone a lot, and I can't wait to see the new BBX phones that are coming out next year (even tho I just signed up with T-Mobile less than 2 months ago).

If I see a BBX phone that I like, I might buy it full price(or see if I can get a renewed contract for an early upgrade).
    11-15-11 03:41 PM
    i just want the things i like about BB and the things i like about android in one phone... i want when i spend the kind of money phones cost these days i should be able to have what i want... not make sacrifices
    11-15-11 03:51 PM
    The Bold 9900 will definitely NOT be my last BlackBerry. I really like this phone a lot, and I can't wait to see the new BBX phones that are coming out next year (even tho I just signed up with T-Mobile less than 2 months ago).

If I see a BBX phone that I like, I might buy it full price(or see if I can get a renewed contract for an early upgrade).
    Gauging off the speed at which blackberry puts out new products you won't have to purchase it full price. Your two year agreement will be up. I'm actually excited about bbx too though. I want to see RIM push the mobile worlds limits.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-11 04:13 PM
    Just to give heads up... Many people think that since Microsoft is a software company, they have a better mobile OS. Fact is both of my friends got "black screen of death" (same as blue screen of death, now MS modified to come up as black screen with white letters LOL) This is a huge pain in the *** compared to JVM error on Blackberries because for MOST Java errors can be fixed by reinstalling the OS. The WP go to what some people called "deep recovery mode" causing it to stuck in that black screen forever. To fix this you have to go to an authorized MS shop as far as I know.
    I can't say I've ever seen or heard of the black screen of death. Needless to say I expect all of that to be sorted out a year from now. I just hope that the handset selection gets a little better for us here in Canada.
    11-15-11 05:18 PM
    haha these thoughts always comes everytime i change into a new device.
    but everytime a new model or upgrades comes out. it's kinda hard to resist.. LOL

i really don't want to compare BB vs iPhone. everyone has their own needs.
    i suggest use both bb and iphone if you can
    11-15-11 10:46 PM
    You like slider mechanism bb's? How do you find the keyboard on them?
    11-16-11 07:27 AM
    You may be right on call quality but how come one is leading in personalization? Could you tell me more?
    for me it's the profiles... you can customize your notifications to your hearts desire!!

for those that have os5 and os6 themes are pretty customizable with hidden icons, swipe actions etc etc etc..

i love my blackberry for the keyboard.. i used my buddy's 9860 and i could not type on it in portrait mode for the life of me cause the phone was too narrow! same issue i had on my iphones..

i used another buddy's samsung infuse with a 4.5 inch screen and it was much better to type on cause it was wider.. so who knows when the "London" comes out.. it might do it for me and it might not..

I am hoping that BBX will have a slightly different feel to the playbook so comparing the playbook and BBX is not fair.. we all know PB OS was half baked.. and BBX is not going to come out at the same level as when the PB came out, so people stop comparing! swiping through an ipad and galaxy tab is not as fun as being able to swipe through a PB! the fact u have that carousel to swipe through open apps, the fact you can swipe through open apps while inside an app is MUCH more "Cooler" then looking at the same icons from an iphone, ipad, itouch.. the bezel actions are much more "cooler" then pressing down the home button to pull up your open apps.

TAT is the leading edge in UI design and their transitions and effects will be a great plus!! TAT shoulda done something more with the PB a long time ago!

Remember that TAT had a hand in the iphone's UI as well... and nothing has changed in the UI since the first ever iphone, which means it works well..

so to answer the OP's question... i'll know when i have something to compare .. i love the BB experience now so we'll see ; >

i bet if RIM released a quad core, 2.5GHz with 40gb of storage, and a kick *** app world, with a 4.5 in screen and 12mp camera, and guaranteed 20hr battery life, and we saw it on the shelf in Feb.... People would still say it's too late ... the stigma is gonna be hard to break!
    11-16-11 09:15 AM
    I think this will be my last one, i love the 9900 keyboard but the phone is so buggy, has only a fraction of the apps my 9800 did, battery is terrible (even with .503) and the support for UK users is is abysmal (apps overcharged, podcasts app faulty and update only available in USA).

I just dont want to give anymore money to RIM. That and the Galaxy Nexus looks awesome, i just need to get BBM on Android and im gone

Its been an interesting 5-6 years for me with BlackBerrys, lots ups and downs (more downs), but even if BBX is amazing the brand has gone sour for me.
    11-16-11 09:38 AM
    I just dont want to give anymore money to RIM. That and the Galaxy Nexus looks awesome, i just need to get BBM on Android and im gone
    Really wish bbm goes cross platform
    11-16-11 11:11 PM
    That is why they wont go cross-platform. As much as there are die-hard blackberry fans, some people will jump ship and take all those bbm contacts with them.

I think RIM would make a killing if they went crossplatform....but hey...I still wont give up my blackberry....at least I hope I wont be tempted enough to....
    11-17-11 12:04 AM
    I'm amazed by the 9900.

It's incredible. RIM still hasn't fixed the issue that every BlackBerry OS faces. The entire OS stalls while trying to connect to a weak signal. It's not a bug. It's poorly planned programming, like App World requiring a radio signal instead of using WiFi. This idiotic issue can be avoided without a multi-core CPU. It's just poor programming. It's incredible.
    11-17-11 12:28 AM
    This will definitely NOT be my last Blackberry and I cant wait to see what Rim has up it's sleave for 2012.
    11-17-11 12:32 AM
    LiveProfile. Cross platform, as good as BBM. Less group chat.
    11-17-11 12:53 AM
    Absolutely the 9930 will be my last BB....until a new one comes out!!!!

Seriously, I LOVE the BB platform. LOVE the keyboard. Love my devices straight out of the box.

Amazingly, I'm now loving my Atrix. It took me a year to learn to love it, but I have finally learned to love it. But notice the slight nuance here......I love my BBerries, one after the other, straight out of the box. I've had to learn to love my Atrix.

I returned my iP3GS. Borrowed my niece's 3GS because I was getting ready to buy the iP4S. I went, credit card in hand, to buy the iP4S and when I looked at it it was the same exact look to the UI. Still no themes. Put it down, put my credit card back in my wallet, and walked out without a new phone.

I've got the 9930. Will buy the 9790 if it comes out in a CDMA variant because I'm currently using my Atrix on a grandfathered unlimited data plan on AT&T so I want to keep that line as a non-BB device. If the 9790 does not come in a CDMA variant I might get the 9370. If not, I'll wait for whatever new BB comes to Verizon.

I will keep using BBerries. It's my preferred platform.
    11-17-11 03:29 AM
200 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD