OP is so determined to switch. So what's the point to start a thread like this?
    First thing that came to my mind after reading it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-11 06:27 AM
    To see what people think. If you don't like it, you don't join. Simple eh?
    But it seems like iPhone gives you a hard-on, so its really past the point of what other people think. You've made up your mind already so doesn't matter what others say. You're gonna jump on the Apple ship one way or the other.

I've had 3G and 4G, both are pretty much the same in my opinion minus some minor software and hardware instalments. Like my fellow user said in a post, iPhones are a great sales tool and fun to use but when it comes down to being productive Blackberry will be the victor.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-11 06:34 AM
    well I gave apple a chance 3 times, and its the same old stuff over and over again terrible email, horrible auto correct .. full touch screen is nice on the surface but when you really need to do something .. you fumble words and things get all messed up.

The end of your post were my own words that I've thrown around my head for a while. I just never thought of bringing that up when it actually is pretty important. Fumbling around getting words all messed up when you're in a rush holds true with the iPhone. At the same time though when you're blackberry takes 5 mins to turn on it doesn't become as reliable. Those are the two problems I have with these devices. I have an iPhone 4 but i wish there were some way I could get my hands on a 9900 either way
    11-14-11 07:00 AM
    I don't know if this will be my last; I doubt it.
    I've never owned an iPhone but use my mates to play games on.
    I'm not a fan of the full touch screen - Not since I've owned a Blackberry anyway
    I'm on contract with this phone for just under 2 years now, although I'm one of them 'materialistic' who likes all the new stuff.
    When it's time that I decide I want a new phone, that'll decide on if I stick with Blackberry or not ,depends if they've caught up or not.

Also, I heard from a friend's friend that Samsung has taken over iPhone?
    Bought it or something. Whether this is true or not I don't know xD
    11-14-11 07:09 AM
    Oh and forgot to mention in above post; I only mainly like the iPhones for the games, how loud the sound is on the media player and some of the apps they get that Blackberry doesn't.
    Although I wouldn't buy an iPhone just for that.
    I'm looking into buying an iPod Touch
    11-14-11 07:12 AM
    The end of your post were my own words that I've thrown around my head for a while. I just never thought of bringing that up when it actually is pretty important. Fumbling around getting words all messed up when you're in a rush holds true with the iPhone. At the same time though when you're blackberry takes 5 mins to turn on it doesn't become as reliable. Those are the two problems I have with these devices. I have an iPhone 4 but i wish there were some way I could get my hands on a 9900 either way
    The 9900 takes less than a minute to reboot. Atleast mine does.
    11-14-11 07:18 AM
    I'm giving RIM one last chance. I'll probably hold on to my Bold 9930 until the next BB device which should be the BBX based full screen Colt. If that's a game changer, I'll stick with them. If not, I'll be waiting for the iPhone 5 release and probably go that way. I love my BB Bold now, but it's just not quite enough at this point. The Torch 9850 isn't quite good enough as a full screen which I prefer, so RIM has one shot left.
    11-14-11 07:20 AM
    Ugh! Not another one of these threads! Please!
    11-14-11 09:13 AM
    My 9900 will probably be the last device from RIM for me, unless BBX proves to really be a game changer and is feature complete without the use of any features listed as "coming soon", which I am severely doubting.

While the 9900 is nice, I just feel that the past line of devices (phones + PB) from the past 3 years seem incomplete, and lacking. While in the past it was something I could turn away from, the list of things lacking is growing.

As for the OS7 line...missing wi-fi calling / UMA, feature to route wi-fi only vs mobile only, and NFC to be enabled consistently should have been there from day 1. NFC was so heavily hyped and yet none of the US carriers have enabled it? (I think I read somewhere spring has it enabled?) These are not little afterthoughts, but core features that many of us need that were promised as coming soon. I'm considering selling my 9900 or better yet giving it away and buying the discontinued 9780 as it is a more complete device that can offer me the UMA and wireless settings I need.
    11-14-11 09:38 AM
    well I am sure you can sell the iPhone 4 off and get enough for a 9900 on kijiji

no matter what I have said on these threads .. its not my intension to troll, just stating the facts as I have experienced them - true to date.

I love all technology, but I do think the 9900 is a very good device and its far more efficient than any version of iPhone. And the BB 9900 takes no time to boot up under a minute 20 seconds

the older ones yea it seemed to take for ever ...
    Last edited by vx1; 11-14-11 at 09:42 AM.
    11-14-11 09:39 AM
    I am a big fan of my BB but...

If they released an Android (or even a WP) device with the same design and decent specs (Motorola Pro+ doesn't count enough, I don't think) as a BB, i would buy one to try.

We rare deep into Google Apps and the integration with Android would be a big plus.
    11-14-11 09:46 AM
    I am a big fan of my BB but...

If they released an Android (or even a WP) device with the same design and decent specs (Motorola Pro+ doesn't count enough, I don't think) as a BB, i would buy one to try.

We rare deep into Google Apps and the integration with Android would be a big plus.
    Android is not really a good platform, its chalk full of viruses, and bad graphics, there is no Q/A on anything. I am not saying BB has great apps or anything but pushing bad quality as a brand name is not doing anyone any favors. motorola is dead .. windows phone there you have a very possible competitor .. they have the money and the technology to back it .. just no phone experience.

We really will have to wait and see, BBX is on the way .. they need to kick start the apps for the phones and playbook. I am sure they are well aware of all this...
    11-14-11 10:00 AM
    I must say I have sure noticed a change in the tone on these forms over the last 4 months, since the OS7 phones have come out. Many many people switching back to BB and hundreds and hundreds of positive, if not down right ecstatic posts on the new OS7 devices. I feel a change in the air!!!!
    11-14-11 10:29 AM
    Why not just text each other?
    Takes a plan is one reason. $15 for unlimited last I checked. I only very rarely text. My friends I chat with all use email or actually talk via calling. Imagine that. I know way to old school.
    11-14-11 11:16 AM
    I surely think my 9780 is my last. Well, not my last, but it is going to last a while with me.
    I always switch around phones and am not a long time BB user. Had an iPhone (hated it), a Curve 3G, tried out a Torch but with the Bold I found my perfect match.
    Honestly, the Bold line is great.
    11-14-11 11:28 AM
    I moved to an iPhone 4S, after having a BB for nearly 5 years. I just had to try it to see what the deal was with the whole iPhone thing. Android was out of the question for me, the OS just "feels" awful IMO. I was also looking for a replacement for my Storm but the touchscreen 9850 that came out felt cheap in hand as compared to the iPhone which is a superior build for the same price. I did also look at the 9930 which was very nice. I took the leap to iPhone 4S and I know already that when my contract is up its back to BB.

I have been compiling a list of things that the iPhone lacks that really annoy me and these items all seem to focus on the poor email/notification features. If anyone is thinking of switching from a BB to an iPhone consider not having the following features:

1- No notifications on home screen for new emails that arrive in sub-folders.
    2- No "mark all unread" function - you will need to individually mark unread/read messages.
    3- No account-specific signatures. So you can't have a separate work signature for your work account and another one for your personal account.
    4- Obvious but still worth stating - no LED notifications! So you are constantly picking the phone up to check stuff.
    5- No option to mark appointments on calendar as private.
    6- No option to set emails as low/normal/high priority.
    7- Inability to deep search Exchange server for emails etc.
    8- No missed call alerts.
    9- No native send grouped contacts in email!!! - shocking but true.
    10- No "Phone only" feature or ability to customize incoming communications.
    11- No "Bedside Mode" equivalent or ability to set time when phone is on standby.

I guess if I had done my research I would have figured this all out so I only have myself to blame. Its been said time and time again, if you want a communications device get a BB if you want a media/games device where communications is secondary an iPhone is the way to go. I can now say that as real life experience.
    melb_me likes this.
    11-14-11 11:41 AM
    Android is not really a good platform, its chalk full of viruses, and bad graphics, there is no Q/A on anything. I am not saying BB has great apps or anything but pushing bad quality as a brand name is not doing anyone any favors. motorola is dead .. windows phone there you have a very possible competitor .. they have the money and the technology to back it .. just no phone experience.

We really will have to wait and see, BBX is on the way .. they need to kick start the apps for the phones and playbook. I am sure they are well aware of all this...
    A bit melodramatic aren't we?

I have an android phone that I use when I travel overseas as Vodafone does not always let berries roam on a pre-paid network. I like the platform but I need a real keyboard (hence my requirements) The Pro+ comes close, but there is something about it that is a turn off.
    11-14-11 11:45 AM
    Whoever comes out with a vzw 4G LTE phone first - Blackberry or Windows Phone, that's the one I'm getting. I feel the need... the need for speed.
    11-14-11 12:14 PM

Oh come on now, Motorola is dead? Am I detecting a little Moto hate there? I think they are a long, long way from dead.

To the OP, the 9900 isn't my last BB (don't own one) but the 9000 might be. Not sure yet. Keeping a watch on what is happening with the 9900 and the other OS7 phones. I'm in no hurry and might end up with a 9900 before years end.
    11-14-11 12:54 PM
    The browser on the iPhone is better how? Last time I checked, the browser on the 9900 was great. Also, how can you possibly compare battery life of the iPhone 4s to the 9900? The iPhone 4s is a bettery hog. I don't have one but I know a couple of people who have it and it's dead by mid-day with normal, non-heavy use. All I've been hearing since they got it was complaints about the battery and they went from iPhone 4 to iPhone 4s.

Another thing is that you're comparing the BBOS to iOS. By the time you upgrade, it'll be BBX vs iOS.
    11-14-11 01:29 PM
    i'm moving to an android or wp7 when my contract is up. nothing wrong with the 9900, just that the development and events concerning the playbook have pissed me off to much that i just want to leave rim asap. i don't wish to own a "mini playbook" or bbx. plus, if it's confirmed that there will be no keyboard, its a no brainer whether one should stay or not.
    11-14-11 02:08 PM
    How can anyone say yes or no to this? The bold is certainly better than my old iphone 4. But we dont know whats coming round the corner, or who will have a great keyboard like this..
    11-14-11 02:11 PM
    Er... no.

Not even close.
    11-14-11 02:22 PM
    Well after 4 months of frustration...FROM 8530>TO 9930>BACK to 8530>BACK TO 9930>BACK to 8530>BACK TO 9930>TO 9650>BACK TO 8530 (9930's got JVM NUKED w/NO computer available)(9650 had a hardware/keyboard issue that was easily fixed BUT TO LATE)...VZW technical support is letting me get a Droid Incredible 2...I WANTED the 9930 to work...I'm disabled so I can't drive to have gotten the problem fixed...I understand that NONE of the errors I got (3 Bolds>3 JVM Errors) were really ALL THAT BAD (just reload the software) BUT it was "bad enough"...I LOVE BlackBerry...I SO wanted to BBold!!!!!...but alas...hearts are broken...HA!!...life is tough enough...my PHONE shouldn't be a point of contention in my life...PLUS...I'm trying to quit smokin' here, people!!!!!!!
    11-14-11 03:47 PM
    It seems the I phone is the new fad.. I have owned 2 blackberrys, 9000 and 9780. They do what I need them to do. They are small, e mial is awesome, bbm, download the poynt app, google maps, few traffic apps and I am good. Not hopping on the I phone train, my contract renews next october and the new blackberrys will be out long before that, so another bb for me...
    anon(73368) likes this.
    11-14-11 05:29 PM
200 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD